I may be losing my faith...

...seeing those dead women, heaped where they fell as bullets tore through their tender flesh, I am beginning the question my faith in God.

WHAT is the MASTER PLAN that requires this to happen???

Not to mention hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, forest fires, tornadoes and all the other disasters God sends us to remind us that HE IS BIGGER THAN WE ARE.

If I lose my faith I lose my hope in heaven, and if I lose that, I don't know how I go on...
You have no faith already if you believe God had a thing to do with this pure evil. You are looking the wrong way.

In the bible there is good and evil. The man who did this is Evil.........those that took him out were fighting evil............

Both exist..........and evil was on display last night.
He took himself out... Are you suggesting redemption?
Nope...........You either believe or you don't believe............that is your choice to make for yourself.
Well... If he does believe... Why isn't he overjoyed? Thrilled that these two have escaped the toils of this mortal coil, to embrace eternal paradise, with sky daddy? Why? Because deep down... He knows it's not true...
You believe how you believe and I will do the same..............

In the bible there is good and evil. The man who did this is Evil.........those that took him out were fighting evil............

Both exist..........and evil was on display last night.
He took himself out... Are you suggesting redemption?
Nope...........You either believe or you don't believe............that is your choice to make for yourself.
Well... If he does believe... Why isn't he overjoyed? Thrilled that these two have escaped the toils of this mortal coil, to embrace eternal paradise, with sky daddy? Why? Because deep down... He knows it's not true...
Again, your bad example as a rotten atheist has renewed my commitment to remaining a Christian.

I do NOT want to become like YOU.

...seeing those dead women, heaped where they fell as bullets tore through their tender flesh, I am beginning the question my faith in God.

Not to mention hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, forest fires, tornadoes and all the other disasters God sends us to remind us that HE IS BIGGER THAN WE ARE.

If I lose my faith I lose my hope in heaven, and if I lose that, I don't know how I go on...
You have no faith already if you believe God had a thing to do with this pure evil. You are looking the wrong way.
You have no right to tell me I have no faith. Shame on you.

Why is there a master plan?

Religion is often the filler of knowledge. We don't know something, we attribute it to God.

Don't know how the universe was created? Well, it was God.
Don't know why I can feel and experience things? Well, it was God.

Want to feel comfortable knowing that there is a plan to life, and it's not just luck, and that bad things might happen to you even if you think you're in control of something? Well, pretend there's a plan to life that God has made.

50 people died in Vegas. Millions died in WW2, WW1, the more our world population grows, the more we die. The more powerful weapons we create, the more we kill. Nothing has changed. Except our perception that we can control things, and that God should somehow be controlling things.

We're atoms. At the end of the day those dead bodies will change, go into the ground, become something else, change again, become something else and continue the cycle of life. We're just not important in that cycle of life, no matter how much self importance we give ourselves.
I would rather not adopt your philosophy of atheistic materialism.

Well that's fine.

Personally I wouldn't call it materialism. I'm not materialistic. I look for the important things in life from a reality perspective, rather than hoping something that people have created will give to me.

I seek my own happiness. I understand how you can be happy and it's not about money, or materialistic wealth.

The point is that I face the fact that bad things could happen, and I'm prepared to deal with that. I don't need to believe that someone has a plan for me. In fact the opposite. When I make plans they often don't go to plan, especially in the long term, so my plans are a direction but not set in stone.

Religion is often the filler of knowledge. We don't know something, we attribute it to God.

Want to feel comfortable knowing that there is a plan to life, and it's not just luck, and that bad things might happen to you even if you think you're in control of something? Well, pretend there's a plan to life that God has made.

50 people died in Vegas. Millions died in WW2, WW1, the more our world population grows, the more we die. The more powerful weapons we create, the more we kill. Nothing has changed. Except our perception that we can control things, and that God should somehow be controlling things.

We're atoms. At the end of the day those dead bodies will change, go into the ground, become something else, change again, become something else and continue the cycle of life. We're just not important in that cycle of life, no matter how much self importance we give ourselves.

Well that's fine.

Personally I wouldn't call it materialism. I'm not materialistic. I look for the important things in life from a reality perspective, rather than hoping something that people have created will give to me.

I seek my own happiness. I understand how you can be happy and it's not about money, or materialistic wealth.

The point is that I face the fact that bad things could happen, and I'm prepared to deal with that. I don't need to believe that someone has a plan for me. In fact the opposite. When I make plans they often don't go to plan, especially in the long term, so my plans are a direction but not set in stone.
You are a materialist in that you believe only in the material, as opposed to the spiritual. I am not saying you are into wealth, that's a different definition of the word.

I didn't say you did not, but you reveal yourself if you believe God had anything to do with this evil. By their fruits you shall know them, I see your fruit.

Freewill man, it is all about freewill, you either have it or you don't.

I didn't say you did not, but you reveal yourself if you believe God had anything to do with this evil. By their fruits you shall know them, I see your fruit.

God allows evil to happen, that's what I was saying.

We live in a world where evil is constantly happening.

Wars, murders, drug violence, rapes, and 3000 abortions a day in the United States alone.

Doctrine and Covenants 45:32-35
32 But my disciples shall stand in holy places, and shall not be moved; but among the wicked, men shall lift up their voices and curse God and die.
33 And there shall be earthquakes also in divers places, and many desolations; yet men will harden their hearts against me, and they will take up the sword, one against another, and they will kill one another.
34 And now, when I the Lord had spoken these words unto my disciples, they were troubled.
35 And I said unto them: Be not troubled, for, when all these things shall come to pass, ye may know that the promises which have been made unto you shall be fulfilled.

Well that's fine.

You are a materialist in that you believe only in the material, as opposed to the spiritual. I am not saying you are into wealth, that's a different definition of the word.

Well, the biggest problem here is that I don't "believe". If I don't know something, I wait until there is a time when I can know it, or at least have enough knowledge to figure things out.

I'm not sure you're right though. I'm not spiritual in that I believe in some kind of holy spirit and all of that. However happiness isn't materialist. Sure, it comes from drugs in your body and your brain reacting to such things, but there are ways of making yourself happy that requires a philosophy of life. That's what religion is, you call it spiritual. I have my own philosophy which works for me which doesn't involve gods, angels, prophets and the like. But that doesn't mean that what I have is material. I just work within the boundaries of what I know.

Wars, murders, drug violence, rapes, and 3000 abortions a day in the United States alone.
Perhaps God gives the choice of Free Will.......Some use that Freedom to perform evil and some don't.

We live in a fallen world Blackroot.. I understand how you feel questioning your faith with all that is happening.

Jesus understands this questioning. His disciples questioned Him. He said oh those of little faith, but understood.

Jesus died a horrible violent painful death to cross the bridge to God .. as an ultimate sacrifice. It is finished nothing needs to be done except to hold tight on to the spirit .

People think that they have so much control in life ...but in reality the only control that we have is to how we react and behave , that is it.

Things like this show us just how little control we have.

So to turn your fear into joy in a fallen world , you reach out like you did. And He will answer.

tumblr_ow0jmhqWaT1s04rsio1_500.gif

Perhaps God gives the choice of Free Will.......Some use that Freedom to perform evil and some don't.
I'm going to pray about this.

We live in a world of good and evil.

A world of duality.

On Earth good things happen and bad things happen

These things only touch our mortal bodies

Never our Spiritual Self.

Just read this thread

Someone ... perhaps ... maybe the OP ... is a drama queen.

but you made me laugh

Thankx!
Is this an evil post..............was it designed to hurt the OP.........is the OP lying.............how would this poster know...........

His purpose was to attack the OP............His purpose to hurt the feelings of the OP...........so is this poster who tries to inflict personal harm to others Evil..............hmmmmmm

God has given you freewill, the only way it is freewill is we accept both evil and good. It wouldn't be freewill if God stopped a person from doing good, any more so then if God stopped a person from doing bad. Your faith is your freewill decision, without freewill there is no love.

Forum List

Back