I really feel that prejudice and discrimination is not an important issue

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
The first thing I am going to say is that discrimination based on race, gender, sexual orientation, happens. I don't know how often but I know it does happen. It just isn't an important issue because no matter what laws we have in place it is always going to exist somewhere in this country. It is just inevitable that when you have so many different groups in this country that they will have some prejudice from time to time. I don't know why this is such an important issue or why it ever was in the first place.

I understand what you mean. As a white male I experience very little prejudice in my life. But when you're the one experiencing the prejudice I'm sure it's much different. I don't think it a race issue. I don't think it's an American issue. It's a human issue.

So, you started a thread to say what you don't think is important? Um, ok....

Maybe it's more important to the people who are discriminated against than those who aren't. One of the good things about humans is that they sometimes try to improve themselves and their society according to higher ideals, like equality and fairness. It isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea, and it will never work 100% of the time, but without ideals, where would we be?

• Banned
I understand what you mean. As a white male I experience very little prejudice in my life. But when you're the one experiencing the prejudice I'm sure it's much different. I don't think it a race issue. I don't think it's an American issue. It's a human issue.

I don't really know if that is true considering that more and more non-whites are being promoted into places with authority. You kind of assume you can't be discriminated against because you are white but how do you know for sure?

Maybe it's more important to the people who are discriminated against than those who aren't. One of the good things about humans is that they sometimes try to improve themselves and their society according to higher ideals, like equality and fairness. It isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea, and it will never work 100% of the time, but without ideals, where would we be?

Sometimes we try to improve ourselves by setting goals a standard of thought and action and then telling people that anyone who believes these things and is willing to follow them is welcome in that place. That works fine until the people coming to that place no longer assimilate to that Standard. That's where the USA is now.

We must choose to either ENFORCE that standard of ideals OR accept that this nation has failed and press the reset button.

I don't think it a race issue. I don't think it's an American issue. It's a human issue.

Exactly. Go to other parts of the world and you'll find all races discriminate and exhibit prejudice towards certain other groups. I've seen it Asia firsthand. It happens in India, Africa, the Middle East, etc.

I agree. It's an overrated issue.

As diverse as this nation is....it's impossible to NOT have bias and discrimination. It's why the left obsessed over it...because they know it'll keep them in business forever.

It's an important issue because majorities rule and write laws. And in localities where the majority are racist inbreds, it results in laws aimed at allowing those racist inbreds to freeze their minority neighbors out of the economy, properly funded schools, and in some cases even to kill them with impunity.

None of which seems like a problem to the racist inbreds.

I've been discriminated many times because I happen to be extremely overweight. I'm talking Jabba the fucking hut and haven't-seen-my-penis-in-a-while type obesity. It is hard getting a good job because of that. Does anyone think that is an important issue in this society? I don't see anyone running to my defense but I suspect that is because no one has figured out how to create a feeling of class-consciousness between the obese and the thin. I'm sure someone will think of it one day and we will see obese blobs chanting 'no donuts, no peace'.

The first thing I am going to say is that discrimination based on race, gender, sexual orientation, happens. I don't know how often but I know it does happen. It just isn't an important issue because no matter what laws we have in place it is always going to exist somewhere in this country. It is just inevitable that when you have so many different groups in this country that they will have some prejudice from time to time. I don't know why this is such an important issue or why it ever was in the first place.

Can you produce the right that women have that males don't?

Or any of the other "oppressed" groups?

Best of luck!

(If not, it's not very important legal issue now is it?)

Sometimes we try to improve ourselves by setting goals a standard of thought and action and then telling people that anyone who believes these things and is willing to follow them is welcome in that place. That works fine until the people coming to that place no longer assimilate to that Standard. That's where the USA is now.

We must choose to either ENFORCE that standard of ideals OR accept that this nation has failed and press the reset button.
It seems that the WH trying to enforce those standards is causing a great deal of opposition at the moment. At least according to legislation attempted and enacted by some states. And I don't believe the majority of opposition is being raised by people recently coming to the place.

It's an important issue because majorities rule and write laws. And in localities where the majority are racist inbreds, it results in laws aimed at allowing those racist inbreds to freeze their minority neighbors out of the economy, properly funded schools, and in some cases even to kill them with impunity.

None of which seems like a problem to the racist inbreds.

I'm glad you agree....

I don't really know if that is true considering that more and more non-whites are being promoted into places with authority. You kind of assume you can't be discriminated against because you are white but how do you know for sure?

I agree that Affirmative Action legislation is bullshit, but I don't feel cheated. There are many blacks who deserve the position they have, and many white who don't.

Remember when a sophisticated person was "discriminating"? We discriminate against people and things every day of our lives. The word has been perverted by politicians and race baiters for so long that we don't understand the meaning anymore.

If I apply for a job with the "Minorities encouraged to apply" in the ad, I am not surprised if I don't get an interview. I apply someplace else.

Best of luck!

I was talking about on a person to person scale. It happens. I don't think in a person to government scale it does happen so you are right that women have all the same rights as men in this society.

If I apply for a job with the "Minorities encouraged to apply" in the ad, I am not surprised if I don't get an interview. I apply someplace else.

Can you imagine the uproar is a job ad said white people are encouraged to apply?

Best of luck!

I was talking about on a person to person scale. It happens. I don't think in a person to government scale it does happen so you are right that women have all the same rights as men in this society.

Let's deal with that on person to person level and not have the government make things even worse.

In the eyes of law we are already equal, no change of laws necessary (although, most laws by far benefit the minorities more by design).

Forum List

Back