I see no need to own a cast iron pan

Yeah, I've never had any carbon steel cookware but I've looked at them. They are lighter than cast iron, not brittle, and heat up and cool down quicker, which is an asset or liability depending on your likes and needs. How are carbon steel with acidic foods?
Same as cast iron. I have stainless pots of various sizes for acidic foods.

I agree. Cast iron is too heavy and carbon steel pans are much lighter and far superior.
It’s a hybrid of the best qualities of Cast Iron and Stainless Steel Cookware, blending the heat retention and non stick properties of Cast Iron with the heat control and cooking speed of Stainless Steel.

Also that enameled cast iron is really for lazy people
I have mixed feelings on enameled cast iron. It cooks many things well and does solve some of the shortcomings of cast iron related to acidic ingredients, but you also have to be a lot more careful with it and back to the stainless steel thing = why do I need some heavy enameled dutch oven when I can do the same things in my stainless steel rondeau that weighs far less and isn't going to chip. My sister has a enameled braiser, it works fine but I think a lot of the reason she likes it is how it looks.

Last edited:
You havent been paying attention.
Roast beef,roasted chickens,cornbread and many other thing work far better with cast iron
Ok, let's take roasted chickens. Why exacted do they "work" far better with cast iron?

You're taking subjective opinions and trying to apply them to scientific questions, probably because you're uneducated.

Ok, let's take roasted chickens. Why exacted do they "work" far better with cast iron?

You're taking subjective opinions and trying to apply them to scientific questions, probably because you're uneducated.

Yeah...I'm so stupid I made flight hardware for the NASA Shuttle program.
And the prototype F-22 Raptor.
I'm smarter than you after a hard nights drinking.

I have mixed feelings on enameled cast iron. It cooks many things well and does solve some of the shortcomings of cast iron related to acidic ingredients, but you also have to be a lot more careful with it and back to the stainless steel thing = why do I need some heavy enameled dutch oven when I can do the same things in my stainless steel rondeau that weighs far less and isn't going to chip. My sister has a enameled braiser, it works fine but I think a lot of the reason she likes it is how it looks.
You are 100% correct! I can not argue any of your points. The stainless steel rondeau will work just fine and dandy.
Heck one of these right here will beat and enameled cast iron Le Creuset. Big shot is just smack talking. All smack talk.
He is no PRO like you and me. :)

7124VlAAypL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Ok, let's talk roasted chickens.
No they will not taste any different in cast iron or a stainless steel rondeau or enameled cast iron or even an enameled carbon steel roaster.

I have never met a smart person who felt the need to bring up their resume or retirement date to prove they are smart.

What you have demonstrated is a complete lack of education about cookware, and tendency to resort to strawman attacks due to inability to argue with what is actually being brought forward, and a hilarious ability to believe the laws of physics cease to exist on your stove.

It is no surprise you dropped out of middle school.

So how many years have you cooked competitively?

I think AVE is Tunas sock. Maybe Tuna and Skews got together and AVE was the result. LMAO
TUNAFISH is TUNAFISH and that is all TUNAFISH is.
Concentrate on the subject at hand.
I only use Carbon Steel pans

Last edited:
I have much admiration for someone who retires at 46 and proceeds to spend almost every waking hour on a message board, generating almost 90,000 mind-numbingly asinine posts.

Bonus = who also appears to try to "win" by resorting to the 'ole retired at 46 trump card to compensate for lacking the intellectual capacity to hold his own. LOL =

View attachment 854872

You sad, sad, low self-esteem stupid little man.
I can not argue on this subject, but I am a firm believer in Carbon Steel pans.

Forum List

Back