I see no need to own a cast iron pan

Only when used under scientific conditions testing many skillets of several types on various burners and getting consistent, repeatable results which you did not show. Your two pictures ascertained none of the variables and gave conflicting outcomes. Worse, they failed to correlate the alleged "uneven heating" with any experience in actually cooking with them.

They didn't give conflicting outcomes, you have just shown a remarkable lack of ability to wrap your head around something relatively simple.

You don't need to correlate cooking experiences with the claim that cast iron doesn't heat evenly. Further desperate flailing.

I listen to the advice of some of the world's greatest chefs like Gordon Ramsey. The guy has won 17 Michelin stars.
Such a big fan yet you can't even spell his name correctly. Derp.

rsz_screenshot_2023-11-04_20551_pm (1).png

If cast iron sucks so bad why do pro chefs use cast iron.
I never said cast iron sucks. Are you really such a shallow thinker that you think that someone who points out the flaws of cast iron means they think it sucks? Stainless steel can be sticky and is expensive, it doesn't suck either.

To review = I said I don't see a need for cast iron because I have stainless steel. Cast iron also doesn't heat evenly.

You can't make this shit up

Hey skillet moron, cast iron lasts forever in normal USE, not in being accidentally dropped down a flight of cellar steps onto a concrete floor.

But thanks for again proving you KNOW NOTHING about cookware. Cast iron has about 10% carbon in it which makes it BRITTLE. Part of the reason why they tend to make the metal thicker.

BTW, is that where you've been for the last day, combing through my posts looking for a word you can try to twist into another one of your idiotic, smarmy posts?

I never said cast iron sucks. Are you really such a shallow thinker that you think that someone who points out the flaws of cast iron means they think it sucks? Stainless steel can be sticky and is expensive, it doesn't suck either.

To review = I said I don't see a need for cast iron because I have stainless steel. Cast iron also doesn't heat evenly.

You did in a roundabout way....
Anyone who says they dont see a reason to own cast iron obviously doesn't know jack shit about cooking.
Hell,we've used cast iron twice since you started this stupid topic and we're using it again tonight for a roast.

Anyone who says they dont see a reason to own cast iron obviously doesn't know jack shit about cooking.
Hell,we've used cast iron twice since you started this stupid topic and we're using it again tonight for a roast.

Cast iron is worth having just on the merit that it is so affordable, low maintenance, easy to use and naturally non-stick.

So I guess you didnt know that Le Creuset is a cast iron pan/pot.
I have 6 or 7 pieces of Le Creuset and I love their cooking characteristics.
It is cast iron that has an enameled coating. BIG difference vs. a cast iron pan.
Pots are steel with enamel coating.

Last edited:
Cast iron is worth having just on the merit that it is so affordable, low maintenance, easy to use and naturally non-stick.
Carbon steel pans are very good as well. Similar properties to cast iron, yet lighter. Great for daily use.
I have a 8, 10 and 12". All of my pots are stainless steel. Cast iron will easily scratch ceramic or induction cooktops.
Carbon steel, not easily.

I didn't say cast iron sucked in any way, that is just your reaction from you a weirdo who bizarrely feels the need to defend a pan.

Anybody who thinks they can judge the cooking ability of someone online because they don't own cast iron doesn't know jack shit about cooking. There are Michelin star restaurants that don't use cast iron, you ignorant clod.

How often you've used cast iron isn't relevant to the topic.

I didn't say cast iron sucked in any way, that is just your reaction from you a weirdo who bizarrely feels the need to defend a pan.

Anybody who thinks they can judge the cooking ability of someone online because they don't own cast iron doesn't know jack shit about cooking. There are Michelin star restaurants that don't use cast iron, you ignorant clod.

How often you've used cast iron isn't relevant to the topic.

You said you didnt see a need for it,that would make you an idiot.

That is ALL you've been saying, you stupid, lying troll!
Ok, use the search function and show me where I said cast iron sucked.

In fact I've done the opposite and clarified several times that I'm not saying it sucked because surprisingly there are people in this world stupid enough to believe that pointing out a flaw in something is the same as saying it sucked. I like Toyota Corollas but I can point out flaws in them. I like Chinese cleavers but I can point out flaws in them. I think Chris Paul is an amazing basketball player but I can point out flaws in his game.

So I'll be waiting on you showing where I said cast iron sucked right?

Ok, use the search function and show me where I said cast iron sucked.

In fact I've done the opposite and clarified several times that I'm not saying it sucked because surprisingly there are people in this world stupid enough to believe that pointing out a flaw in something is the same as saying it sucked. I like Toyota Corollas but I can point out flaws in them. I like Chinese cleavers but I can point out flaws in them. I think Chris Paul is an amazing basketball player but I can point out flaws in his game.

So I'll be waiting on you showing where I said cast iron sucked right?

Cast iron can do many things a stainless pan can't do.
It's that simple.

Diametric opposite outcomes you drooling jackass baboon.
Only to a simpleton like you who two can't figure them out. The other 95% of us understood it.

Better check again, Hapless Fuckwit.
Okay I'll check again.... here is you:

I don't care what you think! I don't follow youtube videos, I listen to the advice of some of the world's greatest chefs like Gordon Ramsey. The guy has won 17 Michelin stars.
Better not let Gordon Ramsey see you cooking with a thermometer! :71:
Can you imagine Chef Ramsey giving up his Vulcan gas range for electric heating elements!

Here is Gordon Ramsay's website: Gordon Ramsay

Not only are you stupid enough to dunk on yourself and expose that you really have no idea what you're talking about, you ask others to further expose you. Pure comedy.

Forum List

Back