I Sure Wish There Were More Smokers...

PC, where are the studies? All you have given us is a list you retyped from Coulter's book of sources that turn out to be someone's opinion of a study.

Let us see the actual studies. Wingnuts opinions are not proof of cause. Wingnuts opinions can't even be trusted to suggest correlation.

If it is too difficult to come up with all of them at once feel free to start with one.

Say it ain't so, joe!!!!

OMG, I can't believe that you squirmed out of your end of the wager! You must have oiled your hips to wiggle out that way.

Now let's review. I claimed, by way of Ann Coulter's research, that various social ills can be directly attributed to the bane of single motherhood. You demanded "proof." I said that if I could provide same you would have to replace your avatar with a heart-shaped ravioli for Valentine's Day. I can't believe that you would welch on the bet!!

NOT. I expected it.

So, providing the Names and Sources for each of the studies is not de rigueur?

Never in my wildest fantasy did I think that it would be this easy to reveal the dishonesty in my political opposite. I must thank you for offering yourself as the pre-eminent example of the style- nay, caliber of intellectual virtue exhibited by those of your political persuasion.

Henceforth I christen thee "The Ravioli That Didn't Bark." (BTW, this is too clever to allow to go unexplained. In "Silver Blaze," the dog didn't bark because no stranger was present. In your case, I never expected you to deal honestly with the wager since honesty is not an acquaintance the left travels with frequently.)

Best wishes, RTDB

Anne Coulter doesn't do research. Every book she's written has been factchecked and lies and distortions found.

She's a nutcase. (see sig)

But if that's who your hero is.

:cuckoo:

Thanks Jillian for your reminder about your signature. For someone as intelligent as you, I'm surprised you're still a liberal even as you approach middle age.

If you have any evidence to refute any of Ann's points I've layed out to Ravi, I'm all ears. Please sing to me the virtues of single motherhood.

PC, I'd still like to see the studies that prove single motherhood is the cause of these behaviors as Coulter claims and you parrot...and that you said you would provide.

I'll wait, though I know in vain, because I am positive that the studies do not exist.

It is more logical that poverty or having a parent in prison (which often results in children being left in single parent families) is the most common predictor of children engaging in crime.

Anne Coulter doesn't do research. Every book she's written has been factchecked and lies and distortions found.

Coulter is just another caustic rabble rouser.

PC I bet you could do a study that shows many of these troubled youth don't wear pajamas to bed. Do you think this proves their choice of sleepwear CAUSED their trouble?

In other words, you might want to consider other correlations beyond the single parents themselves, such as poverty, drugs, alcohol, violence, education, etc...Showing that children are affected by their parents isn't really proving anything beyond the obvious.

It is more than passable interesting how the media has decided to treat smoking as more harmful to society than single motherhood. Which cost more in dollars? ($92 billion vs. $112 billion). Which is correlated with criminality and various social disorders?

How many college graduates are single mothers by choice?

Please follow this link to read an informative article on the subject (Secondhand Children):

Welcome to AnnCoulter.com

Interesting read. Smokers are true patriots because their habit pays for a multitude of government health programs. There should be a national smoker appreciation day in honor of their patriotism. Maybe single mothers should be taxed through the nose to help pay for programs to eliminate single mothers.

I told my daughter that she doesn't need to prepare for college after all, instead to get ready for juvie then the Big House instead!

Thanks Anne!

Your daughter is fine. However, single mothers will be taxed through the nose to help pay for programs to eliminate single mothers. This is using the same logic that is applied to smokers. Please tell your daughter to take up smoking since her habit will pay for a multitude of government health programs. Thank you.

PC I bet you could do a study that shows many of these troubled youth don't wear pajamas to bed. Do you think this proves their choice of sleepwear CAUSED their trouble?

In other words, you might want to consider other correlations beyond the single parents themselves, such as poverty, drugs, alcohol, violence, education, etc...Showing that children are affected by their parents isn't really proving anything beyond the obvious.
Some of my favorite "studies": The one that "proves" that Christians grow up to commit violence because the majority of criminals are Christians. And the one that "proves" reading Ann Coulter makes one an idiot because the majority of Coulter readers are idiots.

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, let's see if we can dispense with all of the meow's at once.
First, RTDB, you have proven unable to exchange views honestly, and so it would be a waste of time to respond to you.

Now, girls, first please show the 'lies" and fabrication is Coulter's work, if you can. Let's agree that punctuation errors do not count as lies.

Further, if you cannot take the 180-degree opposite argument, ie that single parenthood is beneficial to society and to the child, I'm going to see that as the fatal flaw in your argument.

Remember that an ad hominem agrument is unacceptable: stick to the point if you are able.

If, after conforming to the parameters oulined above, you cannot defeat Coulter's premises, not Coulter, yet continue to stick to your outdated defeated liberal NEOCOM ideas, than you will be eligible to join the "Hiroo Onoda Cling to The Bitter End" Club.

Last edited:
Your daughter is fine. However, single mothers will be taxed through the nose to help pay for programs to eliminate single mothers. This is using the same logic that is applied to smokers. Please tell your daughter to take up smoking since her habit will pay for a multitude of government health programs. Thank you.

I'd hardly compare Echo's daughter to a cancer stick.

Do you think cig taxes can ever compensate for the harm cigs cause? Echo's daughter, however might grow up and discover the cure to whatever mental illness ails Ann Coulter. Or maybe at least the cure for women who hoard children like the octuplet Monster Mom.

I'd hardly compare Echo's daughter to a cancer stick.

Do you think cig taxes can ever compensate for the harm cigs cause? Echo's daughter, however might grow up and discover the cure to whatever mental illness ails Ann Coulter. Or maybe at least the cure for women who hoard children like the octuplet Monster Mom.
I don't think it's fair to call her a monster. She has problems, certainly, but she isn't a monster.

You can call Ann one, though, she actually fits the bill.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIN8MmMloZE]YouTube - SMOKE! SMOKE! SMOKE! (THAT CIGARETTE)[/ame]

Forum List

Back