I think Obama is going to win the 2012 Election

:lol: Nice try. You're the angry stalker troll. You're in a full stalker troll meltdown right now. And it's pretty hilarious. You even broke out the bold red font too. It's no biggy though,angry stalker trolls are common on Message Boards. You're just one of many. In fact, there's a couple other weirdos who stalk me on here too. So you're not anything new or original. But i do enjoy your meltdowns. So keep em coming.

You're the one responding to MY thread...that makes you the stalker if anyone is.

It's the classic twoofer nonsensical attempt of you to get attention by making outrageous claims you can't back up then falling back to (usually) either "I'm no expert" or "watch the video." Both are played. Both are boring. Both don't matter. Much like you and your pick of Presidential "candidates".

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Obama is going to win the votes that Romney can't. He can go to his right but Romney can't go to his left.

Care to comment on the point or are you just going to keep nipping at my heels like a little chinchilla?

Yeah you said all that already. Now you're repeating yourself again. What are ya thick or somethin? Rookies. Wadayagunnado? Take care. :)

Down girl.

Candycorn

"but I really doubt that his numbers have dwindled that much."

I have been watching Rasmussen for many years and have found it a relaible polling group. It has had Obama down to as little as 42% but there are dips and rises...he seems to stick around 45% to 47%. This reflects a significant CONSISTENT loss of support. He needs a game changer...and he hasn't got one.

Why did he get himself into what I see as a basically losing position?? Really; did 95% of the people need a change to Health Care??? Two years of focusing on that when, as Hillary would have been doing, looking at "jobs jobs jobs" has all but wrecked Obama's chances. He may well win this year, but he was absent from the main game too long. It was always about jobs.

And I don't think there is a need for a few others of antiObama persuasion to get narky. Nothing replaces reasoned argument and politeness costs nothing.

Greg

I just can't see Mitt appealing to the electorate. He's going to have to start moving to the middle like next week. I don't think he has it in him.

This may be an ad you'll see in the fall:

The Living Room Candidate - Commercials - 2004 - Windsurfing

I can see Mitt windsurfing too...

If Romney moves any more to the middle
we might as well vote Democrat....

Just writing that made me throw up in my mouth a little....
Yuck....tuna doesn't taste too good a second time..... :(

RealClearPolitics - Obama's (Very Difficult) Five Paths to Re-Election

Read the article, then post the electoral path you see as most likely.

IMO, none look the least bit likely...but feel free to Hope for Change.

Still waiting patiently for an Obama path to reelection that isn't a complete nightmare...one that has better than a 40% chance of success.

Anyone have one that's more than Hope things Change?

here is the excerpt :

-
" Obama's re-election team on Tuesday unveiled five potential paths for the president to win in 2012. They can be summarized as follows:

(1) West Path: The Kerry states, plus Colorado, New Mexico, and Nevada (272 electoral votes).

(2) Florida Path: The Kerry states, plus Florida (275 EVs).

(3) South Path: The Kerry states, plus North Carolina and Virginia (274 EVs).

(4) Midwest Path: The Kerry states, plus Ohio and Iowa (270 EVs).

(5) "Expansion Path": The Kerry states, minus Pennsylvania and New Hampshire, plus Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico and Arizona (272 EVs)."

Here's why none of these paths are viable

1,2,3,4...Obama isn't going to carry all the Kerry states...New Hampshire and possibly Pennsylvania are going GOP.

5...not a chance Obama carries Arizona.

Last edited:
Still waiting patiently for an Obama path to reelection that isn't a complete nightmare...one that has better than a 40% chance of success.

There's really no point in perusing the Electoral College makeup. Odds are overwhelming that, if Obama wins the popular vote, he will win the EC, too. Out of all our presidential elections, only two of them have seen the EC give the win to candidate who lost the popular vote, and in both those elections (1888 and 2000) the margin of victory was less than 500,000 votes.

Unless this year's election is incredibly close the way 2000 was, we are very unlikely to see Obama win the popular vote and lose in the EC.

There's really no point in perusing the Electoral College makeup. Odds are overwhelming that, if Obama wins the popular vote, he will win the EC, too. Out of all our presidential elections, only two of them have seen the EC give the win to candidate who lost the popular vote, and in both those elections (1888 and 2000) the margin of victory was less than 500,000 votes.

Unless this year's election is incredibly close the way 2000 was, we are very unlikely to see Obama win the popular vote and lose in the EC.

These are Obama's projected paths to reelection.

Romney's up by 7 over Obama in New Hampshire. If that holds, path 1-4 are blocked...Obama will not have carried all the Kerry states.

That leaves path 5, which is probably the least likely...Arizona? Come on.

Any way you look at it, as things stand today, obama is defeated.

here is the excerpt :

-
" Obama's re-election team on Tuesday unveiled five potential paths for the president to win in 2012. They can be summarized as follows:

(1) West Path: The Kerry states, plus Colorado, New Mexico, and Nevada (272 electoral votes).

(5) "Expansion Path": The Kerry states, minus Pennsylvania and New Hampshire, plus Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico and Arizona (272 EVs)."

1,2,3,4...Obama isn't going to carry all the Kerry states...New Hampshire and possibly Pennsylvania are going GOP.

Ok. so they are assuming they can't hold the states they won in 2008? Is that what your contention is?

here is the excerpt :

-

Ok. so they are assuming they can't hold the states they won in 2008? Is that what your contention is?
also, you said possibly PA? Are you thinking Santorum will be his running mate?

Candycorn

"but I really doubt that his numbers have dwindled that much."

I have been watching Rasmussen for many years and have found it a relaible polling group. It has had Obama down to as little as 42% but there are dips and rises...he seems to stick around 45% to 47%. This reflects a significant CONSISTENT loss of support. He needs a game changer...and he hasn't got one.

Why did he get himself into what I see as a basically losing position?? Really; did 95% of the people need a change to Health Care??? Two years of focusing on that when, as Hillary would have been doing, looking at "jobs jobs jobs" has all but wrecked Obama's chances. He may well win this year, but he was absent from the main game too long. It was always about jobs.

And I don't think there is a need for a few others of antiObama persuasion to get narky. Nothing replaces reasoned argument and politeness costs nothing.

Greg

If Memory serves....he received 54% of the vote in 2008. So now you're saying he's as high as 47-45% and he hasn't started campaigning yet. I won't say "in the bag" but I think his chances are better than what you're indicating.

I just can't see Mitt appealing to the electorate. He's going to have to start moving to the middle like next week. I don't think he has it in him.

This may be an ad you'll see in the fall:

The Living Room Candidate - Commercials - 2004 - Windsurfing

I can see Mitt windsurfing too...

If Romney moves any more to the middle
we might as well vote Democrat....

Just writing that made me throw up in my mouth a little....
Yuck....tuna doesn't taste too good a second time..... :(

tee hee

here is the excerpt :

-

I'm not sure why he is channeling the 2004 election....

Ok. so they are assuming they can't hold the states they won in 2008? ....

also, you said possibly PA? Are you thinking Santorum will be his running mate?

Right...these are what the Obama Campaign put out in December.

No, I don't think Romney will choose Santorum...PA is also a statistical tie between Obama and Romney...definitely in play in 2012

here is the excerpt :

-

If you had read the article, you would have gleaned that this is what OBAMA put out in December 2011 as HIS CAMPAIGNS paths to victory

Last edited:

If you had read the article, you would have gleaned that this is what OBAMA put out in December 2011 as HIS CAMPAIGNS paths to victory

I went back and re-read it. Thanks. I'm not sure why THEY are channeling 2004.

No problem.

They see the writing on the wall.

Of the states that Obama picked up in 2008, he is only leading Romney in one...Nevada.

Romney is leading Obama in Indiana, and Virginia.

The rest are statistical ties...and Romney isn't even the nominee yet !

Plus, Romney is leading in New Hampshire and is tied in Pennsylvania...both states that Kerry won in 2004.

Obama doesn't have very many successes to point to...his signature legislation is toxic, he squandered a super majority, and his plan is to admit he was unable to lead the nation because the Republicans controlled the lower house of Congress.

No economic plan...no budget... no change they were duped into voting for...no hope...just more blame..."It's not my fault...it's Bush's fault...it's congresses fault...it's the Republicans fault...the buck stops everywhere but here."

Last edited:

I went back and re-read it. Thanks. I'm not sure why THEY are channeling 2004.

No problem.

They see the writing on the wall.

Of the states that Obama picked up in 2008, he is only leading Romney in one...Nevada.

Romney is leading Obama in Indiana, and Virginia.

The rest are statistical ties...and Romney isn't even the nominee yet !

Plus, Romney is leading in New Hampshire and is tied in Pennsylvania...both states that Kerry won in 2004.

Obama doesn't have very many successes to point to...his signature legislation is toxic, he squandered a super majority, and his plan is too admit he was unable to lead the nation because the Republicans controlled the lower house of Congress.

No economic plan...no budget... no change they were duped into voting for...no hope...just more blame..."It's not my fault...it's Bush's fault...it's congresses fault...it's the Republicans fault...the buck stops everywhere but here."
Obama can't run on his record. It will be blame, minimization, Denial, Obfuscation...Class Warfare.

It's ALL he has.

Forum List

Back