I Think Some People Need to Remember Exactly What It Was Like During Trump

Trump got Corvid, & got the Worlds best treatment possible.
And lived.
Treatment beyond any healing us ordinary people got.
Except that the vast majority of people who got Covid survived, and many did not even know they had caught it. And, yes, the president of the United States gets the world's best medical treatment.

Except that the vast majority of people who got Covid survived, and many did not even know they had caught it. And, yes, the president of the United States gets the world's best medical treatment.
I believe 99% survived. It was mostly lethal only to elderly who had weakened immune systems due to age, and likely co-morbities.

Under Trump, my shul didn’t have to hire armed security to stand post at the front door.

Sure, but let's be realistic.
Really, let's think about the lower income earners.
If they got extra money in their paycheck, because no money was taken out for SS.
At 6.2 %. rate, a person making $4,000 per month, the Government currently would withhold $248 from that earner and put it in the SS fund.

You really think that the low income worker would INVEST that $248 rather than spend that $248.

It all sounds great in your utopia, and I understand your stance of, let the earner INVEST that $248 on their own....I get it.
But Reality is that they won't INVEST that money.

I understand that. I also understand the hypothetical person above will likely collect more than they put into SS. My main issue is that people don’t understand that those making the maximum aren’t nearly as likely to collect what they put in, particularly the self-employed who are top earners. It isn’t the “rich” that are draining the system, as the left likes to portray. If they remove the earnings cap on the SS tax without increasing the benefit, it will be a HUGE increase to further penalize the “rich” to subsidize the poor and yet people like JoeB131 will continue to beat the drum about the rich not paying their fair share. It Is intellectually dishonest.

Quarantine is the traditional response to epidemics.

You mean like the HK FLu epidemic of 1968-69. Yes, I agree, DEFINITELY no large gatherings in that era!

R.46a6e370772a5b4ef71d9b3c3e9b745a

Look up Yellow Fever epidemics in the US..

Quarantine is the common response to epidemics like Typhoid, Ebola, Zika, Spanish Flu etc.

Note: Woodstock took place during a pandemic!

Yes. For most people, Covid was...a bad cold.

I believe 99% survived. It was mostly lethal only to elderly who had weakened immune systems due to age, and likely co-morbities.

Yes. I recall that in Massachusetts, the average age for a fatality was 80, with three or four comorbidities. (At least one "covid" death was a 75-year-old woman in hospice care with leukemia.)

Great. Tell us how much you’ve contributed then.

Ive been working on a spreadsheet making the worst possible assumptions that someone worked for 44 years maxing out contributions to social security and assuming a 20% effective tax rate.

Break even is at 11 years.

You are calculating at 6.2%. The rate is 12.4%. You are assuming an employer is paying the other half but what about the self-employed? Your numbers are doubled and even more so when compounding interest.

The “rich”, whether all themselves or their company contributing 1/2 on their behalf, contribute more than they are likely to ever receive. Again, there is false narrative that many on the left continue to buy into about the “rich” not paying their fair share or taxing the system.

LOL. One of the few countries covid didn't "ravage" was China. It only got bad at the end when they couldn't control omicron, ended all lockdown measures and no one was vaccinated with a real vaccine. My ignorance is not in question here.
You're right...your ignorance ISN'T in question, Krichton...it's on full display! Where do you get your news from? Covid did indeed "ravage" China and it did so despite the most draconian lock downs on the planet!

You mean like the HK FLu epidemic of 1968-69. Yes, I agree, DEFINITELY no large gatherings in that era!

R.46a6e370772a5b4ef71d9b3c3e9b745a

Note: Woodstock took place during a pandemic!

Yes. For most people, Covid was...a bad cold.

Yes. I recall that in Massachusetts, the average age for a fatality was 80, with three or four comorbidities. (At least one "covid" death was a 75-year-old woman in hospice care with leukemia.)
The only person under 60 that I knew who died from “COVID“ was a stage 4 breast cancer patient, in the hospital as the end neared, and she caught COVID and died perhaps a week earlier than she would have.

The hospital said she died from COVID because they were bribed to do so, and make COVID appear worse than it was. She actually died from cancer.

The only person under 60 that I knew who died from “COVID“ was a stage 4 breast cancer patient, in the hospital as the end neared, and she caught COVID and died perhaps a week earlier than she would have.

The hospital said she died from COVID because they were bribed to do so, and make COVID appear worse than it was. She actually died from cancer.
Not unusual. I also recall several shooting victims, at least one suicide, and a guy who put his pickup into a tree while drunk classed as "covid deaths." I wonder if George Floyd was considered a covid death?

Not unusual. I also recall several shooting victims, at least one suicide, and a guy who put his pickup into a tree while drunk classed as "covid deaths." I wonder if George Floyd was considered a covid death?
I think many COVID deaths were recorded for people who died with COVID, not from COVID. Remember, we were in an election year and the left was willing to do anything to hurt Trump. Falsifying the cause of death was trivial to them.

I think many COVID deaths were recorded for people who died with COVID, not from COVID. Remember, we were in an election year and the left was willing to do anything to hurt Trump. Falsifying the cause of death was trivial to them.
To the Left, the ends justify the means.

It's what happened from Jan 21st 2017 to March 2020 that people remember about Trump.

The Covid thing was the exception to the rule. Dems plan on introducing another Covid strain during Trump 2.0? Things were ROCKING under Trump 1.0 until dems introduced Covid and shut the country down. They knew Trump was WELL on his way to a 2nd term. Gotta give 'em credit though, they did a great job of causing a panic and then blaming Trump.
I'm in the UK, and the biggest thing in my mind about Trumps presidency, the Democrats fought him everyday, on every issue. It was so bad, the Dems sought their economy to collapse, to folk die from COVID etc.. to get at Trump. The fight against Trump started during his nomination, his presidency, and it's magnified post presidency.

The other thing I've noticed is, throughout the world due to COVID lockdowns, folk are worse off in their pockets due to inflation, cost of living etc..

And have you noticed American Democrats try to brag about how they're better off under Biden's economy? Now, it's either just for political points scoring rhetoric, or they're absolutely thick as fuck. On balance, much more of the latter.

Conservatives : Covid was an overhyped flu meant to destroy the ONE TRUE GOD, Donald Trump.
Also Conservatives: Covid was a devious Chinese Biotweapon, meant to destroy the ONE TRUE GOD, Donald Trump.

I'm in the UK, and the biggest thing in my mind about Trumps presidency, the Democrats fought him everyday, on every issue. It was so bad, the Dems sought their economy to collapse, to folk die from COVID etc.. to get at Trump. The fight against Trump started during his nomination, his presidency, and it's magnified post presidency.

The other thing I've noticed is, throughout the world due to COVID lockdowns, folk are worse off in their pockets due to inflation, cost of living etc..

And have you noticed American Democrats try to brag about how they're better off under Biden's economy? Now, it's either just for political points scoring rhetoric, or they're absolutely thick as fuck. On balance, much more of the latter.
Well, since you are in the Useless Kingdom, you probably don't really know what you are talking about.

The reality is, we are VASTLY better off. We have lower unemployment, lower crime, the stock market is at record highs, by every metric EXCEPT inflation, we are better off in 2024 than we were in 2020.

You are calculating at 6.2%. The rate is 12.4%. You are assuming an employer is paying the other half but what about the self-employed? Your numbers are doubled and even more so when compounding interest.

The “rich”, whether all themselves or their company contributing 1/2 on their behalf, contribute more than they are likely to ever receive. Again, there is false narrative that many on the left continue to buy into about the “rich” not paying their fair share or taxing the system.
Nope. I calculated at the full rate, which wasn’t always 12.4%, it was a little lower in previous years.

I did the math. You didn’t. That’s how I know you’re wrong.

And still achieved the job as president.

The alternative could be to play no golf, have everyone umpteen thousands of dollars worse off per year, and fall off ya bike

LOL

By "achieved his job as president," you mean kicked to the curb by America, along with Bush Sr., Carter & Ford.

Forum List

Back