I think we need to raise a 5% tariff on all chinese goods

I think we need to raise a 5% tariff on all Chinese goods as they have taken us to the bank and fucked over our ability to make things. This would help our companies compete here in America and would allow more Americans to have a job.

I hope trump or bernie comes out in support of this. Would this be good economic policy?
Followed by a Chinese ban on export of rare minerals to The U.S. Then where will you liberals get your batteries for your 'lectric cars?

Like on Rick and Morty, where you create a sub atomic world where in inhabitants use kinetic devices to generate power for you..

I think we need to raise a 5% tariff on all Chinese goods as they have taken us to the bank and fucked over our ability to make things. This would help our companies compete here in America and would allow more Americans to have a job.

I hope trump or bernie comes out in support of this. Would this be good economic policy?
Followed by a Chinese ban on export of rare minerals to The U.S. Then where will you liberals get your batteries for your 'lectric cars?

Like on Rick and Morty, where you create a sub atomic world where in inhabitants use kinetic devices to generate power for you..

Asteroids ;)

Tariffs never work. They will just tariff our goods, and it's a wash and usually ends up costing consumers in inflated costs and JOBS.
We'll make our own stuff and the newly employed will be able to spend more on bathroom tissue.

I thought people in this country wouldn't do those types of jobs?

Most of those jobs can be done by robots and probably will.

Once we are booted out of the WTO, it will effect our influence abroad. Something to consider.

Tariffs never work. They will just tariff our goods, and it's a wash and usually ends up costing consumers in inflated costs and JOBS.
We'll make our own stuff and the newly employed will be able to spend more on bathroom tissue.

I thought people in this country wouldn't do those types of jobs?

Most of those jobs can be done by robots and probably will.

What good will a 5% tariff do other than make you feel better about yourself?

Not rickshaws...

... Granny got stock inna chinese rickshaw factory...

... dat some Chinaman sold her.

She gonna get our Congressman to pass a...

... Chinese rickshaw tariff protection act...

... so's she don't have to pay a buncha taxes...

... on rickshaws she imports...

... so's Uncle Ferd can start a rickshaw delivery service.

Once we are booted out of the WTO, it will effect our influence abroad. Something to consider.

No one is going to kick us out of the WTO...right now, we're the economic engine that runs the planet. We should leverage some of that power to hang on to it as long as possible...it ain't going to last forever.

Forum List

Back