I-tunes and the infamous forced U-2 download incident

MaryL

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2011
I wistfully perused my old music files, I found this old file..."songs of innocence" from U2. Then I remembered, that album NOBODY wanted because of the political bullshit. I tunes ACTUALLY forced US to put this in our collection. I am amused at that, so many levels of WRONG. What are your thoughts?

When a music source felt free to push political propaganda disguised as "music", they crossed a line. And sadly, U2 just made it clear how broken they are as artists.

What are your thoughts?
Spending your life searching for really stupid reasons to be outraged is no way for a human with a spine to live, but it's the perverted lifestyle that you've chosen.

Spending your life searching for really stupid reasons to be outraged is no way for a human with a spine to live, but it's the perverted lifestyle that you've chosen.
I agree, but WHO is doing that? YOU can't use this or that pronoun, let's tear down statues WE don't like, lets demonize a certain group or political leader, let's burn down stuff, LETS force ALL Itunes subscribers to download pro gay album ...WHO is doing that NOW? HMM.

Last edited:
I wistfully perused my old music files, I found this old file..."songs of innocence" from U2. Then I remembered, that album NOBODY wanted because of the political bullshit. I tunes ACTUALLY forced US to put this in our collection. I am amused at that, so many levels of WRONG. What are your thoughts?
I always wondered how I ended up with that album in my iTunes collection. I never bought it. I don't care about their political message, but I like some of the songs.

I have never done itunes. I would just download music that wasn't locked into a single device. Sometimes I would do it legally.....well eventually I would do it legally....well eventually I would do it legally when I had a code for a free download, but I digress.

Forum List

Back