I want any of you to prove my numbers are wrong!

Just over $13 million.

I see. still no Covid recovery?

That year, total car and light truck sales were approximately 13.75 million in the United States. U.S. vehicle sales peaked in 2016 at roughly 17.5 million units

I totally don't understand why many of you don't comprehend the below data that comes from the sources I provide the links to.
I'm not making these numbers up!
The EPA plans to have 17,245,800 cars be EVs in 2032 and 5,498,953 medium duty trucks.
These EVs will be using 526 billion kWh/ year. Which is 13% more than we used in 2022.
Where will that additional electricity come from?
Where will the nearly $900 Trillion come from to build the additional power plants to generate the over half a trillion kWh for the EVs?
But I've not seen anyone in the MSM, on this board, anywhere make this point: Where will nearly $900 trillion to construct the nearly 1,400 more power plants?
PLUS that idiot Biden has guaranteed to "rid fossil fuels" which provide the USA over 60% of the electricity used today! Where will that money come from?
"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

View attachment 805871

The left's numbers always add up because they use fuzzy math. And, they will ignore your questions. They will only talk their facts and ignore any facts which don't add up with real math.

I totally don't understand why many of you don't comprehend the below data that comes from the sources I provide the links to.
The EPA plans to have 17,245,800 cars be EVs in 2032 and 5,498,953 medium duty trucks.
These EVs will be using 526 billion kWh/ year. Which is 13% more than we used in 2022.
Where will the nearly $900 Trillion come from to build the additional power plants to generate the over half a trillion kWh for the EVs?
But I've not seen anyone in the MSM, on this board, anywhere make this point: Where will nearly $900 trillion to construct the nearly 1,400 more power plants?
PLUS that idiot Biden has guaranteed to "rid fossil fuels" which provide the USA over 60% of the electricity used today! Where will that money come from?
"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

View attachment 805871

You are missing the point. The end game is to get rid of private forms of transportation. Not having enough electricity is a feature of the system, not a bug.

Do any of you EV lovers know how much a battery for a Tesla or the Ford E Truck weighs?... look it up... if you think our roads are bad now just wait till everyone is forced to buy an EV....

Also, what most people do not realize is---------->that when you charge at home, most all states as of yet do NOT have a road tax built into the charging system. Therefore, as of this moment, EV's have an unfair cost comparison to regular vehicles. There is not one person on this board, including Democrats I might add; that believes this to be the norm for very long. SOMEHOW they will extract road taxes from these EV's, or the road system will surely collapse! Right now, you are getting INCENTIVES and work arounds to make them cheaper to run. At some point, the government is going to hit these with the reality of taxes!

You are missing the point. The end game is to get rid of private forms of transportation. Not having enough electricity is a feature of the system, not a bug.
So the bigger point is to destroy America as we know it by ONLY having available public transportation with movement authorized by genetically implanted
identity chips, that authorize only approved use of the EV to travel where and when authorized.
The point you are missing is how will the electricity that is needed that comes from electric power plants be both modified and built for the additional costs ranging from
WT- $1,661.00 to Solar -$2,921.00 to nuclear -$5,148.00 per kWh or from $874 trillion to $2.709 quadrillion? That money has to come from somewhere and
the only source are taxes!

Also, what most people do not realize is---------->that when you charge at home, most all states as of yet do NOT have a road tax built into the charging system. Therefore, as of this moment, EV's have an unfair cost comparison to regular vehicles. There is not one person on this board, including Democrats I might add; that believes this to be the norm for very long. SOMEHOW they will extract road taxes from these EV's, or the road system will surely collapse! Right now, you are getting INCENTIVES and work arounds to make them cheaper to run. At some point, the government is going to hit these with the reality of taxes!
I agree 100% with your observation.
Federal gas taxes generate :
Federal fuel taxes raised $36.4 billion in Fiscal Year 2016, with $26.1 billion raised from gasoline taxes and $10.3 billion raised from taxes on diesel and special motor fuels.

As this revenue declines especially interstate roads will suffer!

So the bigger point is to destroy America as we know it by ONLY having available public transportation with movement authorized by genetically implanted
identity chips, that authorize only approved use of the EV to travel where and when authorized.
The point you are missing is how will the electricity that is needed that comes from electric power plants be both modified and built for the additional costs ranging from
WT- $1,661.00 to Solar -$2,921.00 to nuclear -$5,148.00 per kWh or from $874 trillion to $2.709 quadrillion? That money has to come from somewhere and
the only source are taxes!

The Left can say whatever they want, but their policies on EV's are total interference in the marketplace, all because Joe, Al Gore, and AOC know better. Until the last 10 months, they purposely pushed the price of regular energy UP, while subsidizing electric vehicles to get the outcome they desire.

I know people do not want to hear it, but that is a stance of a Communist nation, or group! I know, I know, the old descriptor for Communist economics is------------>government control and ownership of the means of production. But a very wise philosopher has pointed out that----->Governments got smart and decided that "why should we take over the means of production, when we can REGULATE industries to get the result we desire, thus blaming the industries if our brilliant ideas fail!"

Doubt what I said?

Remember when the Left tried to implement crazy ideas across the globe and failed? What happened to those governments? Yep, swept out of office! Their constituents pointed the fickle, finger, of fate at them, and tossed them; so they had to find a NEW way. So now, who does the Left blame? CORPORATIONS! Big oil, big auto, big steel, etc. By REGULATING the hell out of them, they basically force them to do their bidding, thus making them take the blame if it fails.

Who on this board actually believes that GM, Ford, and Chrysler were going to go out a design electric vehicles this decade that they are losing untold MILLIONS on, along with doing it on a platform that is not ready for primetime to keep their customers mobil and happy? "Because it is the wave of the future you say?" LOL, that is not why they did it! They did it because of......as usual......government interference; period, end of story!

Still it just an estimate of what they hope to achieve. So they are estimating for the future like in 2030. So there is time to invest in making more electrical power. It the demand is there then they will build it.
We are talking about a new way to make money here and there are some who are good at it.

Demand, if it there then someone will try and provide a way to meet that demand.

Hybrid vehicles can use both sources and the reason why is because if your run out of power in an electric car and no source to power it then you are in trouble. So they did the Hybrid thing to address that.

Once upon a time someone did invent a vehicle that ran on fuel that was not readily available like it is today. In 1886 how many gas stations were there. Now how many are there currently.

If the demand is there, then there will be investors who will try to meet that demand in the hope of making big money. The American dream.

The argument that the current grid cannot support a hypothetical number of vehicles is a limited argument because there are not that many electrical vehicles on the road. But if demand increases then someone will make it available in order to meet that demand.

US coal plants are shutting down or converting to gas. Times change and you either adapt or shut down

I for one believe that Americans can meet the increase demand. Failure is not an option.

Still it just an estimate of what they hope to achieve. So they are estimating for the future like in 2030. So there is time to invest in making more electrical power. It the demand is there then they will build it.
We are talking about a new way to make money here and there are some who are good at it.

Demand, if it there then someone will try and provide a way to meet that demand.

Hybrid vehicles can use both sources and the reason why is because if your run out of power in an electric car and no source to power it then you are in trouble. So they did the Hybrid thing to address that.

Once upon a time someone did invent a vehicle that ran on fuel that was not readily available like it is today. In 1886 how many gas stations were there. Now how many are there currently.

If the demand is there, then there will be investors who will try to meet that demand in the hope of making big money. The American dream.

The argument that the current grid cannot support a hypothetical number of vehicles is a limited argument because there are not that many electrical vehicles on the road. But if demand increases then someone will make it available in order to meet that demand.

US coal plants are shutting down or converting to gas. Times change and you either adapt or shut down

I for one believe that Americans can meet the increase demand. Failure is not an option.

Unless the government mandates it.
In that case, failure is guaranteed.

That information should make you and all your other crazy buddies very happy. If it's impossible, as you claim, why are you whining about it? If it can't be done anyway, why are you so worried about it?,

The problem is that there ARE other alternatives that CAN be done and won't be done because of the misdirection of EVs.

The reason EVs are bad is only because of the heavy, expensive, dirty, slow, short lived batteries.
If we instead used hydrogen fuel cells, burning hydrogen, or bio fuels like ethanol, palm oil, etc., then we can convert existing vehicles to no longer pollute at all.
Think of it as recycling our current cars instead of throwing them away.

Here's the thing: The Gubmint cannot force anyone to buy an electric vehicle. Cannot. President Biden and his minions have no control over market conditions after he is dead. If people want EV's they will buy them and if they don't, they won't. Simple as that. Except maybe in California. They might make it a felony to buy an SUV with an ICE. Fuck them very much.

Electricity is produced by PUBLIC UTILITIES. They are in a very privileged position in our society. If they determine, for example, that they will need to build additional generation capacity, they figure out what it will cost and present that to the state Public Utilities Commission (or whatever it's called in your state), and that PUC will allow the utilities to borrow the money or raise their rates for the necessary facilities. It will all happen quite slowly, so there will be plenty of time for this process to go forward. And the higher electricity rates might affect whether people are keen to buy more EV's.

If we are lucky, the Feds will scale back on the bizarre and neurotic regulations w/r/t nuclear power, and some Nuke plants will be built to cover the additional 'tricity needs.

The OP is trying to frighten people about stuff that might be a "big deal," but will easily be handled by our institutions at the time.
Unless those are the only vehicles available...

Where did that number come from? I get more like 125 billion, a factor of 5 lower.

And the grid can handle that.

The article really was a lot of hand waving.
The only positive it pointed out is that EV recharging can be done mostly at night, which is not during the peak daytime load.

But nothing changes the fact current EVs run on heavy, expensive, slow, and short lived batteries.
Which make no sense at all.
Carting heavy EV batteries up and down hills, wastes huge amounts of energy.

Logically we all know that smaller and lighter vehicles are the way to save energy, so instead we should be switching over to light hydrogen or bio fuels, instead of heavy battery EVs.

The problem is that there ARE other alternatives that CAN be done and won't be done because of the misdirection of EVs.

The reason EVs are bad is only because of the heavy, expensive, dirty, slow, short lived batteries.
If we instead used hydrogen fuel cells, burning hydrogen, or bio fuels like ethanol, palm oil, etc., then we can convert existing vehicles to no longer pollute at all.
Think of it as recycling our current cars instead of throwing them away.

If we instead used hydrogen fuel cells, burning hydrogen, or bio fuels like ethanol, palm oil

How is wasting all that energy going to help anything?

Unless those are the only vehicles available...

Anyone can legally convert their existing ICE vehicle to run on hydrogen, ethanol, propane, or a variety of bio fuels that make more sense than heavy, expensive, slow, and short lived battery EVs.

I would much rather convert a light little ICE vehicle to run off hydrogen fuel cells and electric motors, than to buy a heavy, dirty, expensive, and slow battery EV.

View attachment 805871

They want this, not enough power. Stay at home. It's all about control.

If we instead used hydrogen fuel cells, burning hydrogen, or bio fuels like ethanol, palm oil

How is wasting all that energy going to help anything?

Since light hydrogen ICE vehicles weigh half as much as battery EVs, and there is no waste from transformers, power lines, etc., you use less than a third the energy.

Nor is it bad to "waste energy" if it comes from bio fuels, because bio fuels absorb more pollutants while growing, than they emit again when burned.
Burning hydrogen, palm oil, or ethanol, makes the air cleaner, with less CO2 than it had before.

Wrong.

First of all, the coal power plants switching to natural gas is temporary.
It is just from a natural gas price reduction from fracking.
But there is no more than 30 years of natural gas left.
So electricity actually is coal, since we have over 500 years worth of coal.

Second is that battery EVs make no sense because the batteries are heavy and make the vehicle weigh more than twice as much as it should.

The better solutions are hydrogen ICE, hydrogen fuel cells, or bio fuel ICE.
They weigh much less, and do not pollute at all like EVs do.

Since light hydrogen ICE vehicles weigh half as much as battery EVs, and there is no waste from transformers, power lines, etc., you use less than a third the energy.

Nor is it bad to "waste energy" if it comes from bio fuels, because bio fuels absorb more pollutants while growing, than they emit again when burned.
Burning hydrogen, palm oil, or ethanol, makes the air cleaner, with less CO2 than it had before.

Where does the energy come from to generate the hydrogen?

And then you waste energy harvesting them, transporting them, converting them into fuel.

Forum List

Back