Solar is an Ecological Disaster

Flash

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2014
Florida
We all know that these stupid solar farms are crappy at producing usable energy. The are good at sapping up taxpayer's subsidize dollars and making some people rich but not good at actually creating real electricity We also know how they destroy farm land and make the Chinese rich. You know who the Chinese are, don't you? The ones that made the Biden family filthy rich.

Here is a great example of the destruction that takes place when the stupid things are built.

‘Dead Without Water’: Massive Desert Solar Projects Are Sucking Up Groundwater, Angering Locals

US-ENVIRONMENT-DROUGHT-CLIMATE-ENERGY

(Photo by Patrick T. Fallon/AFP via Getty Images)

Beyond the problems posed by the strain on the groundwater aquifer for humans, solar developments have overtaken many small bodies of water across the desert which formerly provided critical habitat space to the animals inhabiting the desert region, according to Inside Climate News.

I see multiple homes in the Twin Cities now putting panels on their roofs.

I wonder how effective they really are when covered in 2 feet of snow in winter.
How durable are they in a summer hail storm?

Oh, and the added cost of when you eventually have to replace roof shingles and have to remove all those panels and reinstall them again.

I suspect a lot of home owners will be shocked how much that will cost them when needing that new roof.

• Banned

I wonder how effective they really are when covered in 2 feet of snow in winter.

Oh, and the added cost of when you eventually have to replace roof shingles and have to remove all those panels and reinstall them again.

I suspect a lot of home owners will be shocked how much that will cost them when needing that new roof.
There is a narrow band in the Southwest where solar is marginally economical. Every place else in the US it is very inefficient and will not come close to being economical without government subsidies. Especially in the northern states like Minnesota. It is not even economical here in Florida, the Sunshine State.

There is a narrow band in the Southwest where solar is marginally economical. Every place else in the US it is very inefficient and will not come close to being economical without government subsidies. Especially in the northern states like Minnesota. It is not even economical here in Florida, the Sunshine State.
We have a few solar farms here. Last winter they were covered in snow as we got a total of near 7 feet for the season, Duluth got over 10 ft. No one was cleaning the panels off.
How much energy are these things even generating when the sun is such a low angle and sets by 4pm?
They can never answer those questions.

Most of my power comes from a nuclear plant 40 miles away that I have absolutely zero concern about and because it is a Co-OP we have some of the cheapest prices in the nation.

We all know that these stupid solar farms are crappy at producing usable energy. The are good at sapping up taxpayer's subsidize dollars and making some people rich but not good at actually creating real electricity We also know how they destroy farm land and make the Chinese rich. You know who the Chinese are, don't you? The ones that made the Biden family filthy rich.

Here is a great example of the destruction that takes place when the stupid things are built.

‘Dead Without Water’: Massive Desert Solar Projects Are Sucking Up Groundwater, Angering Locals

US-ENVIRONMENT-DROUGHT-CLIMATE-ENERGY

(Photo by Patrick T. Fallon/AFP via Getty Images)

Beyond the problems posed by the strain on the groundwater aquifer for humans, solar developments have overtaken many small bodies of water across the desert which formerly provided critical habitat space to the animals inhabiting the desert region, according to Inside Climate News.
So, tree hugger, are your relatives in Desert Center drying up?

Take a good look at that place...

b1393590-5f83-416a-b7dd-147dc86abac6-DSCF4080.JPG

I can't speak for Minnesota, but we had panels put on our roof in April. For the last several days we've had temps in the 110 range and higher and so far no problems.

Works fine in south Carolina. I installed mine in 1979.

Lots of solar applications in Israel, Hawaii, Australia, Texas etc.

I can't speak for Minnesota, but we had panels put on our roof in April. For the last several days we've had temps in the 110 range and higher and so far no problems.
The OP covered that in his comment about a narrow band in the southwest being suitable.

Doesn't answer my questions about low sun angle, snow and severe weather hail that occasionally pounds here.

What material covers your roof?
If asphalt shingles, hopefully they are new and don't need replacement for at least twenty years. I suspect most homeowners don't think about that added cost if the roof needs replacement. Most houses here are shingles.

The OP covered that in his comment about a narrow band in the southwest being suitable.

Doesn't answer my questions about low sun angle, snow and severe weather hail that occasionally pounds here.

What material covers your roof?
If asphalt shingles, hopefully they are new and don't need replacement for at least twenty years. I suspect most homeowners don't think about that added cost if the roof needs replacement. Most houses here are shingles.

Spanish tiles. We don't do asphalt here.

My former neighbor is a solar installer and he makes bank on the maintenance.

Hot water for five bedrooms. Saved half the utility bill.

You dumb broad.

That is not electricity producing solar cells.

I have solar panels on my roof to heat the water for my shaded screened in swimming pool. It saves me money in that I don't need a heater for the water but it does not produce electricty like these stupid Moon Bats thinks is viable technology.

You dumb broad.

That is not electricity producing solar cells.

I have solar panels on my roof to heat the water for my shaded screened in swimming pool. It saves me money in that I don't need a heater for the water but it does not produce electricty like these stupid Moon Bats thinks is viable technology.
It saves electricity that isn't used to heat water.

there is no where that solar is economical, it is all subsidized, 50k per acre just for the installation, production credits adds to the profit.

There is no place on earth where the market pays for solar, it is all subsidized and ruled and regulated, mandated by the government.

there is no where that solar is economical, it is all subsidized, 50k per acre just for the installation, production credits adds to the profit.

There is no place on earth where the market pays for solar, it is all subsidized and ruled and regulated, mandated by the government.
Absolutely! Without filthy ass government subsides there would be no market for wind or solar.

Absolutely! Without filthy ass government subsides there would be no market for wind or solar.
And in the west, where the heat does effect the performance, dramatically, it makes little economic sense.

To add to the tragedy that is the Renewable energy industry, all those solar panels in the west need to be washed with water. Millions of gallons of water every year.

Forum List

Back