I was wrong about Covid 19, and you probably was too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if the remedy for that is to plant the name of the entire country (as if "China" were some kind of monolith) on the virus, well Rump did exactly the same thing for the same apparent reason, that his pet stock market numbers might tank -- and with similar consequences to what China's attempt to sweep it under the rug brought. Therefore, if a virus name is to be deployed as some kind of "remedy", should it not be called the Chinese-Rumpian Virus?

Sorry man.. Waste of your time defending the indefensible here.. Virus don't care about names. They are not racist.. They don't RESPOND to politics.. AND YOU are hysterical... Suggesting that there is ANYTHING Trumpian about it...

What's the SCIENTIFIC NAME for Ebola?? You love to google stuff... Learn something...

Three days ago:

C-19-March-20.jpg

Yesterday:

C-19-March-23.jpg

Today:

C-19-March-24.jpg

Actually (i.e. later today) it's already up to 49,594 with 622 perished. We're actually about to top fifty thousand, the third country to do so after China and Italy, and leading the world in new infections detected.
Looks like President Trump's ramped up testing is working. Nice job, President Trump.

1.2% mortality rate in the US. Nice job, President Trump.

Thanks for the numbers.

All these members calculated wrong.. You cannot GET a mortality rate if you DO NOT know the infection rate.. From listening to Fauci and whatshername, the ONLY estimates on mortality assume that ACTUAL infections are about twice the "Diagnosed cases" numbers... So don't divide "diagnosed" by "mortality"... It's a guess and the REAL NUMBER is 0.75%... Fauci confirmed that GUESS yesterday...

That's FAR BETTER than the 2 or 4% that MANY were projecting and apparently, some politicos are pandering with fear to the public...

NOBODY knows the "infection" numbers because MANY FOLKS present entirely Asymptomatic, don't seek/need med help, or are misdiagnosed as some other respiratory disease because the cases are mild enough... They are simply (for now) taking the diagnosed cases and multiplying by about 2....

Three days ago:

C-19-March-20.jpg

Yesterday:

C-19-March-23.jpg

Today:

C-19-March-24.jpg

Actually (i.e. later today) it's already up to 49,594 with 622 perished. We're actually about to top fifty thousand, the third country to do so after China and Italy, and leading the world in new infections detected.
Looks like President Trump's ramped up testing is working. Nice job, President Trump.

Thanks for the numbers.

All these members calculated wrong.. You cannot GET a mortality rate if you DO NOT know the infection rate.. From listening to Fauci and whatshername, the ONLY estimates on mortality assume that ACTUAL infections are about twice the "Diagnosed cases" numbers... So don't divide "diagnosed" by "mortality"... It's a guess and the REAL NUMBER is 0.75%... Fauci confirmed that GUESS yesterday...

That's FAR BETTER than the 2 or 4% that MANY were projecting and apparently, some politicos are pandering with fear to the public...

NOBODY knows the "infection" numbers because MANY FOLKS present entirely Asymptomatic, don't seek/need med help, or are misdiagnosed as some other respiratory disease because the cases are mild enough... They are simply (for now) taking the diagnosed cases and multiplying by about 2....
And what is .75% of 100 million (30 percent infection rate)?

What is .75% of 200 million (60 percent infection rate)?

Three days ago:

C-19-March-20.jpg

Yesterday:

C-19-March-23.jpg

Today:

C-19-March-24.jpg

Thanks for the numbers.

Obviously they have no way of knowing exact numbers. I was using the ones Pogo pulled out of his ass.

I will be interested in seeing how he calculated a US mortality rate of over 62% from his numbers.

You've completely backed yourself into a corner here. BY YOUR OWN EVIDENCE the speaker is "Harvey Dong". It says so right in the text. There's nothing you can do to change that. A newspaper (or radio, etc) does not publish only that with which it "agrees". Nor does THIS WEBSITE.

I never said I wanted to change anything. Try to pay attention. I said a radio is not a newspaper. You claim there is no difference. WaPo CHOSE to publish that crap. Then that crap is parroted by a radio that is an inanimate object. You don't address that fact nor apparently can you. The bottom line is...you are and were 100% wrong. The media called Trump a racist for calling the virus the Chinese virus. You have tried to slither out of that bullshit for many posts but you have only succeeded in making a fool of yourself.
Well, the name of the virus is novel coronavirus, and it causes covid-19 disease. Does that clear it up?
It's from CHINA. You know, like the SPANISH flu, the Hong Kong flu....we KNOW there is a scientific name so fucking what?
And by the way, the Spanish flu wasn't from Spain.
So? Is it "racist"?

Do you actually think "Spain" is a race?
Nope. Never said "Spain" is a race. Learn to read.

Then why did you ask if it's "racist"?

How can something that doesn't involve a race distinction, be "racist"?

Are you still stupid?

Are you telling me your logic/reason is SO IMPAIRED that you can't distinguish between REGIONAL naming of a virus UNLESS those are people of color?? Give it up... Focus on the funcking important stuff...

You've completely backed yourself into a corner here. BY YOUR OWN EVIDENCE the speaker is "Harvey Dong". It says so right in the text. There's nothing you can do to change that. A newspaper (or radio, etc) does not publish only that with which it "agrees". Nor does THIS WEBSITE.

I never said I wanted to change anything. Try to pay attention. I said a radio is not a newspaper. You claim there is no difference. WaPo CHOSE to publish that crap. Then that crap is parroted by a radio that is an inanimate object. You don't address that fact nor apparently can you. The bottom line is...you are and were 100% wrong. The media called Trump a racist for calling the virus the Chinese virus. You have tried to slither out of that bullshit for many posts but you have only succeeded in making a fool of yourself.
Well, the name of the virus is novel coronavirus, and it causes covid-19 disease. Does that clear it up?
It's from CHINA. You know, like the SPANISH flu, the Hong Kong flu....we KNOW there is a scientific name so fucking what?
And by the way, the Spanish flu wasn't from Spain.
So? Is it "racist"?

Do you actually think "Spain" is a race?
Nope. Never said "Spain" is a race. Learn to read.

Then why did you ask if it's "racist"?

How can something that doesn't involve a race distinction, be "racist"?

Are you still stupid?

Are you telling me your logic/reason is SO IMPAIRED that you can't distinguish between REGIONAL naming of a virus UNLESS those are people of color?? Give it up... Focus on the funcking important stuff...

Actually I didn't mention "color" at all. Looks like you did. Talk about the funcking important stuff.....

By the way this is not the post where I quoted you. Didn't quote you at all. Did you quote the wrong post, or send to the wrong poster? Because this nest above is about who the speaker is and who the medium was.

Three days ago:

C-19-March-20.jpg

Yesterday:

C-19-March-23.jpg

Today:

C-19-March-24.jpg

Thanks for the numbers.

Obviously they have no way of knowing exact numbers. I was using the ones Pogo pulled out of his ass.

I will be interested in seeing how he calculated a US mortality rate of over 62% from his numbers.

Actually the numbers are right off the stats on Worldometer where we've all been tracking them. "Exact" is exactly what they are, although, and I seem to be the only one of us noting this, they're also fluid.

You have 983 total resolved cases. Of those 622 died and 361 have recovered (so far --- which is exactly why I stipulated "so far"... that number can and will rise).

Whelp, then you take the number 622 (dead -- you see, "mortality" means "dead), and divide it into the number 983 (the total). And you get 62.3%. See how simple?

Three days ago:

C-19-March-20.jpg

Yesterday:

C-19-March-23.jpg

Today:

C-19-March-24.jpg

Thanks for the numbers.

And what is .75% of 100 million?

Wait! You don't a computer or hand calculator?? What am I? Your accountant? :rolleyes:

And WhereTF did you get the 100Million??? Didn't reach a 1/10 of that in China...

If it REACHED to 10 Million infected or diagnosed in the US -- AT THE CURRENT ESTIMATE -- that would be 75K deaths... Just about 3 times a "normal" flu season...

And that mortality rate is COMING DOWN -- not going up DAILY or weekly...

Actually I didn't mention "color" at all. Looks like you did. Talk about the funcking important stuff.....

That's the problem.. You're sitting here badgering someone for bringing to your attention that it is COMMON to name epidemics about place of origin.. But YOU won't accept that because "Spain is not a race"...

So read my post again.. How do you arrive at the conclusion that naming an epidemic after it's origin IS ONLY racist if the people there are not white????

Is this in the Diversity Enforcement manual for the left or something? Where does this come from?

Three days ago:

C-19-March-20.jpg

Yesterday:

C-19-March-23.jpg

Today:

C-19-March-24.jpg

Thanks for the numbers.

Nobody knows the infection rate, correct. Without testing literally everybody, we can't. But that's not needed to calculate how many cases have culminated in death (mortality) versus how many resolved in recoveries. The latter takes much longer than the former, so a TRUE number cannot be established until sufficient time has passed to allow the former to establish itself.

But trying to pull a "mortality rate" by comparing a KNOWN (dead) as a proportion of UNKNOWN (infected, may or may not die), like Nostril here is trying to do, is just bogus.

That's the problem.. You're sitting here badgering someone for bringing to your attention that it is COMMON to name epidemics about place of origin.. But YOU won't accept that because "Spain is not a race"...

So read my post again.. How do you arrive at the conclusion that naming an epidemic after it's origin IS ONLY racist if the people there are not white????

Is this in the Diversity Enforcement manual for the left or something? Where does this come from?

You need to learn to read, Buddles. NOSTRIL, not me, proposed that "Spanish Flu" was "racist". I asked him if HE --- NOSTRIL --- thought "Spanish" was a race. Because that's the only way you could get to "racist". And neither one of us mentioned anything about "color", despite whatever this obsession of yours is.

Spain had NOTHING TO DO with originating that virus (you know that, right?). That disproved the notion that viruses are named for their point of origin. That one was named by --- again, as in the post you didn't respond to --- IGNORANCE.

But if the remedy for that is to plant the name of the entire country (as if "China" were some kind of monolith) on the virus, well Rump did exactly the same thing for the same apparent reason, that his pet stock market numbers might tank -- and with similar consequences to what China's attempt to sweep it under the rug brought. Therefore, if a virus name is to be deployed as some kind of "remedy", should it not be called the Chinese-Rumpian Virus?

Sorry man.. Waste of your time defending the indefensible here.. Virus don't care about names. They are not racist.. They don't RESPOND to politics.. AND YOU are hysterical... Suggesting that there is ANYTHING Trumpian about it...

What's the SCIENTIFIC NAME for Ebola?? You love to google stuff... Learn something...

That's called turning the false logic back on the false logician to show how silly it was.

It's also called cutting out half my post so you wouldn't have to deal with it. How CONVENIENT it must be to blow up the bridge I just used to bring my conclusion. Out of sight, out of mind.

And furthermore as long as you're not bothering to read in the first place I HAVE NEVER MAINTAINED "CHINESE VIRUS" WAS 'RACIST'. EVER. On the contrary, Nostril started a whole thread about the pretext, admitted right in his OP that he had no evidence for the utterance, and when that went flaccid started another one with the same strawman, AGAIN brought no evidence, and to date still hasn't. So I busted his ass and no matter how much you come in to white knight over shit you never bothered to read, his ass still hurts from it.

Three days ago:

C-19-March-20.jpg

Yesterday:

C-19-March-23.jpg

Today:

C-19-March-24.jpg

Thanks for the numbers.

Man.........you remind me of this scene

Three days ago:

C-19-March-20.jpg

Yesterday:

C-19-March-23.jpg

Today:

C-19-March-24.jpg

Thanks for the numbers.

He's stacked up on requests right now.. I asked him for the scientific genus/species for Ebola.. That 62% may be in his 100yr old or up category -- is my guess... LOL....

just funning Pogo my man..

But it's CORRECT.. Even the CDC is making educated guesses as to TOTAL infections. The way you KNOW they are getting BETTER numbers is when these estimates stop varying as much as they have been from day to day.. Or week to week...

One thing folks have to realize is that this "Chinese Junk" (couldn't avoid the junk pun as I typed) -- is GONNA be with us thru multiple flu seasons OR until an effective vaccine is available... So the FINAL numbers are really elusive...

If
Three days ago:

C-19-March-20.jpg

Yesterday:

C-19-March-23.jpg

Today:

C-19-March-24.jpg

Thanks for the numbers.

Wait! You don't a computer or hand calculator?? What am I? Your accountant? :rolleyes:

And WhereTF did you get the 100Million??? Didn't reach a 1/10 of that in China...

If it REACHED to 10 Million infected or diagnosed in the US -- AT THE CURRENT ESTIMATE -- that would be 75K deaths... Just about 3 times a "normal" flu season...

There is no vaccine for Covid-19.

Covid-19 is a coronavirus. A highly contagious coronavirus.

You know what else is a coronavirus? The common cold.

According to a recent Statista survey around 64 percent of those aged 18 to 30 years caught a cold 1 to 3 times in the past year.

64 percent infection rate in 18 to 30 year olds (ONE TO THREE TIMES) of a known coronavirus.

When I asked you what the number of deaths would be at 30 percent infection rate, I was being conservative.

For 0.75%, that death toll in the US would be over 735,000.

That, at a minumum, is what we would be looking at if we did nothing, as all the parroting dumb fucks who whine "the flu kills 25,000 people a year" think we should do.

Three days ago:

C-19-March-20.jpg

Yesterday:

C-19-March-23.jpg

Today:

C-19-March-24.jpg

Thanks for the numbers.

Why are asking rhetorical questions.. IF the chinese are to be trusted, they PEAKED out with about 400,000 cases in the whole fucking country... It's an ACADEMIC excersise at this point,...

MAYBE over TWO flu seasons with NO vaccine -- you'd reach those numbers... But the folks who are WORKING TO AVOID that infection will have a HELL of an effect.. Because if we had these measures for NORMAL flu season -- we would only lose about 2500 instead of 25,000...

Three days ago:

C-19-March-20.jpg

Yesterday:

C-19-March-23.jpg

Today:

C-19-March-24.jpg

Thanks for the numbers.

He's stacked up on requests right now.. I asked him for the scientific genus/species for Ebola.. That 62% may be in his 100yr old or up category -- is my guess... LOL....

just funning Pogo my man..

But it's CORRECT.. Even the CDC is making educated guesses as to TOTAL infections. The way you KNOW they are getting BETTER numbers is when these estimates stop varying as much as they have been from day to day.. Or week to week...

One thing folks have to realize is that this "Chinese Junk" (couldn't avoid the junk pun as I typed) -- is GONNA be with us thru multiple flu seasons OR until an effective vaccine is available... So the FINAL numbers are really elusive...
Which means shutting down the whole world will not stop it. We've bought the Medical Community some time.........but this Nation and World is gonna have to go back to work soon.

This virus......like all before will infect a lot of people..........fall off...........and then come back.......

Has to run it's course unless the vaccine gets out quick..........which news right now show testing in weeks............as luckily Israel had been looking at this for years in SARs versus Chickens.

The average flu infection rate in the US is 5 to 20 percent.

The coronavirus is more contagious than the flu.

At a 20 percent infection rate, with 0.75% mortality, that adds up to half a million deaths in one year.

If we do nothing.

Three days ago:

C-19-March-20.jpg

Yesterday:

C-19-March-23.jpg

Today:

C-19-March-24.jpg

Thanks for the numbers.

Why are asking rhetorical questions.. IF the chinese are to be trusted, they PEAKED out with about 400,000 cases in the whole fucking country...
Because they took action, dumb fuck!

If they had done nothing, they would have a death toll in the millions.

If
Three days ago:

C-19-March-20.jpg

Yesterday:

C-19-March-23.jpg

Today:

C-19-March-24.jpg

Thanks for the numbers.

There is no vaccine for Covid-19.

Covid-19 is a coronavirus. A highly contagious coronavirus.

You know what else is a coronavirus? The common cold.

According to a recent Statista survey around 64 percent of those aged 18 to 30 years caught a cold 1 to 3 times in the past year.

64 percent infection rate in 18 to 30 year olds (ONE TO THREE TIMES) of a known coronavirus.

When I asked you what the number of deaths would be at 30 percent infection rate, I was being conservative.

For 0.75%, that death toll in the US would be over 735,000.

That, at a minumum, is what we would be looking at if we did nothing, as all the parroting dumb fucks who whine "the flu kills 25,000 people a year" think we should do.

YAWN.........pandemics come and go in this world...........People will get sick..........people will die........

It has been happening forever............we can't shut down everything forever......and until a vaccine comes out..............that IS REALITY..........You need to DEAL WITH REALITY.

If we die from it............Then it's our time.........face it like a man.......protect yourself and stop HYPERVENTILATING.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back