🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I wouldn't vote to convict the cop who shot Rayshard Brooks of murder

pyetro

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2019
There are differences between the George Floyd case and the Brooks case.
The latter grabbed the cop's taser and punched the cop in the face.
Did anyone here ever think that punching a cop in the face works result in a low chance of being killed by that cop?
People are not supposed to attack cops.
If I'm a cop and a man is trying to arrest takes my taser and punches me, it's on.
And I'm a Democrat.

The latter grabbed a taser and punched the cop in the face.
Did anyone here ever think that punching a cop in the face works result in a low chance of being killed by that cop?
If I'm a cop and a man in trying to arrest takes my taser and punches me, it's on.
And I'm a Democrat.
Shot him in the back after dropping his Taser. Back shooting cop is a low life POS.

If I'm a cop and a man in trying to arrest takes my taser and punches me, it's on.
And I'm a Democrat.
Shot him in the back after dropping his Taser. Back shooting cop is a low life POS.
Heat of the moment. Confusion due to being hit in the face. Shot in the back irrelevant.

I wouldn't vote to convict the cop who shot Rayshard Brooks of murder

After watching all the videos several times - I strongly disagree! There was no need to shoot him twice in the back as he ran away. The cops already had possession of his car, keys, and driver's license. The cops could have easily deescalated the situation and rounded him up later. The one cop seemed reasonable - but the killer cop was an asshole.

And I'm a Democrat.
Heat of the moment. Confusion due to being hit in the face. Shot in the back irrelevant.
As a cop you cant have a heat of the moment. Peoples lives are on the line. One of the reasons I never became a cop.

And I'm a Democrat.
As a cop you cant have a heat of the moment. Peoples lives are on the line. One of the reasons I never became a cop.
What law says that?

And I'm a Democrat.

took his taser, fired it at him, was shot the second he turned around.

All thing like this will do is encourage people to resist arrest.

And I'm a Democrat.
What law says that?
Its not a law. Its a standard of being a professional servant of the community.

And I'm a Democrat.

Its like a couple of police chiefs have said already. If a person runs either you get some exercise or you call for backup. Thats why the cop is going to get charged on Wed.

And I'm a Democrat.

I wouldn't say shot in the back is irrelevant. If he was confused he shouldn't be shooting anywhere anyways. That said, the are many degrees difference between George Floyd and this case.

Here is something that is ironic. Apparently they spoke to him for 43 minutes before the attempted arrest. He may have felt more confident that he could get away, or they were weak/not the type to shoot him if he ran. If they had rolled up and played it hard with him, maybe he clams up in his drunk state and puts his hands behind his back and goes quietly.

There is also the fact that there has been so much outrage of late. Will some feel they have more leeway now with this being the fact? "These guys aren't going to try and stop me, there are 20 witnesses with cameras and there are race protests going on".

I don't know, but it's not healthy for anyone.

And I'm a Democrat.

Non-Leathal vs. Lethal. Makes it all good I suppose. Give me a break.

And I'm a Democrat.
What law says that?
Give me the text of that standard that deals with punches in the face and taser grabbing.

And I'm a Democrat.
What law says that?
Give me the text of that standard that deals with punches in the face and taser grabbing.

" I will maintain courageous calm in the face of danger, scorn or ridicule; develop self-restraint; and be constantly mindful of the welfare of others "

Last edited:

Forum List

Back