🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I wouldn't vote to convict the cop who shot Rayshard Brooks of murder

After watching all the videos several times - I strongly disagree! There was no need to shoot him twice in the back as he ran away. The cops already had possession of his car, keys, and driver's license. The cops could have easily deescalated the situation and rounded him up later. The one cop seemed reasonable - but the killer cop was an asshole.

Lets wait and see how this develops before passing judgement.

As has been stated many times by legal experts: a taser is not considered a lethal weapon.

Than why do dems want to ban them?
Do they want more lead filled idiots?
Now you're going to ask for a link even though its been all over the internet.

Yawn....

Perhaps they could have handled it a bit differently insofar as just taking his keys and giving him a courtesy ride home but once the guy started resisting arrest; everything they did after that was on the money.
No state allows that, Candycorn. So everything they did was on the money.

If you are arrested for drunken driving in any state in the U.S., there are several things that are going to happen that will cost you money. If you are convicted of driving under the influence and you want to get your driving privileges back, things are going to get very expensive....

If you are arrested on suspicion of drunk driving, the first thing that will happen is you will be placed into a police vehicle and taken to the nearest police station or jail....
There your photograph (mug shot) will be taken and you will be fingerprinted.

In some states, you can be released immediately if someone comes to the jail and pays your bail and drives you home.

When I hear the other side of the argument, though, I'm swayed, too. Brooks was carrying a nonlethal weapon and still running after he took a shot at the cop. But then again, that tazer could incapacitate the cop, so the self protection instinct would have kicked in, especially after Brooks proved he was not going to come quietly. And now he's got a tazer....

This was a rotten situation. Brooks was drunk and he panicked or something. I'll tell you one thing, I am VERY glad I won't be on the jury.

I got a dewy when I was around 21.
Running or fighting never crossed my mind.

There are differences between the George Floyd case and the Brooks case.
The latter grabbed a taser and punched the cop in the face.
Did anyone here ever think that punching a cop in the face works result in a low chance of being killed by that cop?
People are not supposed to attack cops.
If I'm a cop and a man in trying to arrest takes my taser and punches me, it's on.
And I'm a Democrat.
Shot him in the back after dropping his Taser. Back shooting cop is a low life POS.
Heat of the moment. Confusion due to being hit in the face. Shot in the back irrelevant.
As a cop you cant have a heat of the moment. Peoples lives are on the line. One of the reasons I never became a cop.
That and your "I hate whitey" rants

Perhaps they could have handled it a bit differently insofar as just taking his keys and giving him a courtesy ride home but once the guy started resisting arrest; everything they did after that was on the money.

If you are arrested for drunken driving in any state in the U.S., there are several things that are going to happen that will cost you money. If you are convicted of driving under the influence and you want to get your driving privileges back, things are going to get very expensive....

If you are arrested on suspicion of drunk driving, the first thing that will happen is you will be placed into a police vehicle and taken to the nearest police station or jail....

In some states, you can be released immediately if someone comes to the jail and pays your bail and drives you home.

When I hear the other side of the argument, though, I'm swayed, too. Brooks was carrying a nonlethal weapon and still running after he took a shot at the cop. But then again, that tazer could incapacitate the cop, so the self protection instinct would have kicked in, especially after Brooks proved he was not going to come quietly. And now he's got a tazer....

This was a rotten situation. Brooks was drunk and he panicked or something. I'll tell you one thing, I am VERY glad I won't be on the jury.

Not sure about GA laws but I do know that Police give courtesy rides all the time. Police let people off with warnings all the time. The cop on the scene has a lot of leeway.

They chose to arrest him and once that happens, if you resist, they can use force to subdue you. When you grab their weapon, you take your life into your own hands. When you point that weapon at them...you earned that bullet. .

As has been stated many times by legal experts: a taser is not considered a lethal weapon.

Than why do dems want to ban them?
Do they want more lead filled idiots?
Now you're going to ask for a link even though its been all over the internet.

Yawn....

Maybe because they are sometimes overused - like batons, pepper spray, etc. Also, apparently they aren't good when used on someone with a heart condition. Also not good on schoolchildren.

After watching all the videos several times - I strongly disagree! There was no need to shoot him twice in the back as he ran away. The cops already had possession of his car, keys, and driver's license. The cops could have easily deescalated the situation and rounded him up later. The one cop seemed reasonable - but the killer cop was an asshole.

Lets wait and see how this develops before passing judgement.

Okay.

Not sure about GA laws but I do know that Police give courtesy rides all the time. Police let people off with warnings all the time. The cop on the scene has a lot of leeway.

They chose to arrest him and once that happens, if you resist, they can use force to subdue you. When you grab their weapon, you take your life into your own hands. When you point that weapon at them...you earned that bullet. .

Damn, I agree with you on that one.

Did anyone here ever think that punching a cop in the face works result in a low chance of being killed by that cop?
If I'm a cop and a man in trying to arrest takes my taser and punches me, it's on.
And I'm a Democrat.
Shot him in the back after dropping his Taser. Back shooting cop is a low life POS.

took his taser, fired it at him, was shot the second he turned around.

All thing like this will do is encourage people to resist arrest.
Its like a couple of police chiefs have said already. If a person runs either you get some exercise or you call for backup. Thats why the cop is going to get charged on Wed.

He wasn't running when the cop made the decision to shoot him.
Of course he was running. How did the cop shoot him in the back?

And I'm a Democrat.

Its like a couple of police chiefs have said already. If a person runs either you get some exercise or you call for backup. Thats why the cop is going to get charged on Wed.

how long does it take to turn around? How long does it take for the cop to think he is in danger?

And I'm a Democrat.

how long does it take to turn around? How long does it take for the cop to think he is in danger?
How was he a danger? They had patted him down and he didnt have any weapons. They can only shoot if they are in fear of their life.

FOR DUI?
The only way the cops in this situation could have let him off the hook was if they ignored the fact that he was drunk and didn't field test him. But this Rolfe was actually a real DUI hound. He won a commendation for it last year. He was not the guy who would turn a blind eye to a drunk guy in the Wendy's drive thru.

And I'm a Democrat.

You mean like George Zimmerman and Derek Chauvin? It depends on the cop.

The latter grabbed the cop's taser and punched the cop in the face.
If I'm a cop and a man is trying to arrest takes my taser and punches me, it's on.
And I'm a Democrat.
I am anti guns, anti cons and and anti trump....you break the law, punch a cop and threaten their life, you deserve everything that happens to you.

If I'm a cop and a man is trying to arrest takes my taser and punches me, it's on.
And I'm a Democrat.
I am anti guns, anti cons and and anti trump....you break the law, punch a cop and threaten their life, you deserve everything that happens to you.

Yeah, who cares about all that protect and serve bullshit. Stand your ground and put them down.

FOR DUI?
The only way the cops in this situation could have let him off the hook was if they ignored the fact that he was drunk and didn't field test him. But this Rolfe was actually a real DUI hound. He won a commendation for it last year. He was not the guy who would turn a blind eye to a drunk guy in the Wendy's drive thru.

Exactly. Cops do not strictly enforce all laws at all times. Otherwise, everyone of us would get a traffic ticket driving home from work nearly every day. They have the option of taking into account the emotional climate of the city. In this case and in my opinion, they rightly so decided to enforce the law and the rest is history. I was simply pointing out that there were options that could have been pursued. I see nothing wrong with what the cops did.

What will happen now is that camps will be sat up on both sides highlighting any sideways act by the cop or by Mr. Brooks that occurred at any time in their life. Its the sickening part of what we've become as a nation.

And I'm a Democrat.

How was he a danger? They had patted him down and he didnt have any weapons. They can only shoot if they are in fear of their life.

He was shot at by a taser. The guy hit him. If we are going to make cops make the right decision 100% of the time, then resisting arrest needs to be punished by 20 years in jail.

And I'm a Democrat.
What if the cop threatens your life or family but claims you attacked him for no reason?

And I'm a Democrat.

He was shot at by a taser. The guy hit him. If we are going to make cops make the right decision 100% of the time, then resisting arrest needs to be punished by 20 years in jail.

No, he didn't hit him with the taser. It went way over the cop's head.

Forum List

Back