🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I wouldn't vote to convict the cop who shot Rayshard Brooks of murder

After watching all the videos several times - I strongly disagree! There was no need to shoot him twice in the back as he ran away. The cops already had possession of his car, keys, and driver's license. The cops could have easily deescalated the situation and rounded him up later. The one cop seemed reasonable - but the killer cop was an asshole.
They cannot allow a violent criminal to get away with a police taser.

After watching all the videos several times - I strongly disagree! There was no need to shoot him twice in the back as he ran away. The cops already had possession of his car, keys, and driver's license. The cops could have easily deescalated the situation and rounded him up later. The one cop seemed reasonable - but the killer cop was an asshole.
They cannot allow a violent criminal to get away with a police taser.

Violent criminal? That's sadly humorous.

There are differences between the George Floyd case and the Brooks case.
The latter grabbed the cop's taser and punched the cop in the face.
Did anyone here ever think that punching a cop in the face works result in a low chance of being killed by that cop?
People are not supposed to attack cops.
If I'm a cop and a man is trying to arrest takes my taser and punches me, it's on.
And I'm a Democrat.

A cop is only meant to shoot if he is in fear of his life... They searched him and they knew he had no weapons... So the worst he could have is a tazer....

Not saying the guy is innocent but was he deserving of the death penalty? Cops let these guys go and they have him a few days..

The latter grabbed a taser and punched the cop in the face.
Did anyone here ever think that punching a cop in the face works result in a low chance of being killed by that cop?
If I'm a cop and a man in trying to arrest takes my taser and punches me, it's on.
And I'm a Democrat.
Shot him in the back after dropping his Taser. Back shooting cop is a low life POS.

took his taser, fired it at him, was shot the second he turned around.

All thing like this will do is encourage people to resist arrest.
Its like a couple of police chiefs have said already. If a person runs either you get some exercise or you call for backup. Thats why the cop is going to get charged on Wed.

He wasn't running when the cop made the decision to shoot him.

If I'm a cop and a man in trying to arrest takes my taser and punches me, it's on.
And I'm a Democrat.
Shot him in the back after dropping his Taser. Back shooting cop is a low life POS.

Non-Leathal vs. Lethal. Makes it all good I suppose. Give me a break.

Lets see what happens when you make policing an impossible job.

I hope you get robbed, you miserable SJW prog hack.

And I'm a Democrat.

Marty some guy is out there asking for you. Go find him.

Shot in the back is irrelevant. He raised a weapon to the police officer. What if the cop gets tased and the black guy then takes his gun? The cop had no choice. The black guy had a choice. He could have chose not the break the law. He could have chose not the resist arrest and he could have chose not to punch the cop. He put the cop in a very bad no win situation - except it was a no win for the black guy.

Shot in the back is irrelevant. He raised a weapon to the police officer. What if the cop gets tased and the black guy then takes his gun? The cop had no choice. The black guy had a choice. He could have chose not the break the law. He could have chose not the resist arrest and he could have chose not to punch the cop. He put the cop in a very bad no win situation - except it was a no win for the black guy.
It's called murder. Get it you faceless fool.

Ok wait. Let's back up. Some guy falls asleep in the drive through of Wendy's and nobody honks at him or no employee tries to wake him? How did this escalate from a sleeping drunk to a killing?

It's called murder. Get it you faceless fool.

Eat shit and die asshole.

The latter grabbed the cop's taser and punched the cop in the face.
If I'm a cop and a man is trying to arrest takes my taser and punches me, it's on.
And I'm a Democrat.

I'm not a democrat but I'm a liberal and I feel EXACTLY the same way you feel above. The cops were completely justified in how they reacted. Perhaps they could have handled it a bit differently insofar as just taking his keys and giving him a courtesy ride home but once the guy started resisting arrest; everything they did after that was on the money. Good job by the police. The mayor should apologize and the police officer should be re-instated immediately.

And I'm a Democrat.
Heat of the moment. Confusion due to being hit in the face. Shot in the back irrelevant.

Sorry but the guy is meant to be trained...

I am not saying the cop should get murder but lets face it he killed a US Citizen while being paid by taxpayers dollars...

Comparing crimes is not the way it works... Floyd was a clear, this is more complicated but the law is clear, officer has to be in danger of his life..
If I was him, I would be saying I was badly trained...

And I'm a Democrat.
Heat of the moment. Confusion due to being hit in the face. Shot in the back irrelevant.

Sorry but the guy is meant to be trained...

I am not saying the cop should get murder but lets face it he killed a US Citizen while being paid by taxpayers dollars...

Comparing crimes is not the way it works... Floyd was a clear, this is more complicated but the law is clear, officer has to be in danger of his life..
If I was him, I would be saying I was badly trained...
Considering all of the other complaints against him, something was obviously wrong that went unaddressed. I think there were 17 in total.

And I'm a Democrat.

Marty some guy is out there asking for you. Go find him.

Nice non-response, you useless progolyte.

And I'm a Democrat.

If the police deem a man a danger to society they can drop them.
I'd say this meets the criteria.

Perhaps they could have handled it a bit differently insofar as just taking his keys and giving him a courtesy ride home but once the guy started resisting arrest; everything they did after that was on the money.
No state allows that, Candycorn. So everything they did was on the money.

If you are arrested for drunken driving in any state in the U.S., there are several things that are going to happen that will cost you money. If you are convicted of driving under the influence and you want to get your driving privileges back, things are going to get very expensive....

If you are arrested on suspicion of drunk driving, the first thing that will happen is you will be placed into a police vehicle and taken to the nearest police station or jail....
There your photograph (mug shot) will be taken and you will be fingerprinted.

In some states, you can be released immediately if someone comes to the jail and pays your bail and drives you home.

When I hear the other side of the argument, though, I'm swayed, too. Brooks was carrying a nonlethal weapon and still running after he took a shot at the cop. But then again, that tazer could incapacitate the cop, so the self protection instinct would have kicked in, especially after Brooks proved he was not going to come quietly. And now he's got a tazer....

This was a rotten situation. Brooks was drunk and he panicked or something. I'll tell you one thing, I am VERY glad I won't be on the jury.

Forum List

Back