IAF preparing new squadron of Super Hercules

TheOldSchool, et al,

I'm not quite sure why they would have a ceremony just for this delivery.

Am I the only one disappointed that the "Super Hercules" are NOWHERE NEAR as cool as promised by their name?
(COMMENT)

There are about 10 (or so) "J" Models that are pretty much standard.

The latest C-130 to be produced, the C-130J, entered the inventory in February 1999. With the noticeable difference of a six-bladed composite propeller coupled to a Rolls-Royce AE2100D3 turboprop engine, the C-130J brings substantial performance improvements over all previous models. The C-130J-30, a stretch version with a 15-foot fuselage extension, increases the capabilities even more. To date, the Air Force has taken delivery of 77 C-130J aircraft from Lockheed-Martin Aeronautics Company.

Active-duty locations for the C-130 and its variations are Dyess Air Force Base, Texas; Little Rock AFB, Ark.; Ramstein Air Base, Germany; and Yokota AB, Japan.
SOURCE: USAF C-130 HERCULES Fact Sheet

I suppose that the IAF is going to modify the aircraft to fit some special purpose the Israelis have in mind.

Otherwise, it is an ordinary cargo plane.

Most Respectfully,
R

TheOldSchool, et al,

Am I the only one disappointed that the "Super Hercules" are NOWHERE NEAR as cool as promised by their name?
(COMMENT)

The latest C-130 to be produced, the C-130J, entered the inventory in February 1999. With the noticeable difference of a six-bladed composite propeller coupled to a Rolls-Royce AE2100D3 turboprop engine, the C-130J brings substantial performance improvements over all previous models. The C-130J-30, a stretch version with a 15-foot fuselage extension, increases the capabilities even more. To date, the Air Force has taken delivery of 77 C-130J aircraft from Lockheed-Martin Aeronautics Company.

Active-duty locations for the C-130 and its variations are Dyess Air Force Base, Texas; Little Rock AFB, Ark.; Ramstein Air Base, Germany; and Yokota AB, Japan.

I suppose that the IAF is going to modify the aircraft to fit some special purpose the Israelis have in mind.

Most Respectfully,
R

But even if it wasn't modified, it would still have some smart bombs attached to it , no ?

TheOldSchool, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

But even if it wasn't modified, it would still have some smart bombs attached to it , no ?
I think Iran's mullahs are going to get a really BIG Ramadan present from Israel.

IAF preparing new squadron of super Hercules | JPost | Israel News

Has enough fuel to reach Iran, if needed ;)

Thank you America !!

fly2.gif

Hehehe

Toastman, et al,

No. The only weapon a "J" model can deploy is the BLU-82B weapon system (AKA: Daisy Cutter).

TheOldSchool, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

(COMMENT)

The "H" and "U" Models (AKA: Spectre and Spooky) are the only true C-130 weapons Platforms.

[ame=http://youtu.be/o3xZV5q44d4]AC-130 Gunship - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="http://youtu.be/-kCBZXkSbCA"]http://youtu.be/-kCBZXkSbCA[/ame]

You want them on your side; Ghost Riders are "Gods Right Hand."

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:
The best thing Israel can do is to keep quiet about its military hardware and plans and just do what it has to do, speedily and above all safely and successfully. G-d bless the IDF.

Hossfly,

You and I were there about the same time.

Ever seen a Herky Bird in action? I was weaned on the old C47 "Puff, The Magic Dragon" in Vietnam in '69-'70. I can't imagine what the IAF will add to the goodie package.

The AC-130 Gunship in Action | Military.com

AC-130 Gunship
(COMMENT)

Puff was a AC-47
Spooky was a AC-119
Spectre was an AC-130

I never saw Spectre in Vietnam, only Thailand.

V/r
R

I'm interested to see how the Israeli will modify it.
You'll find out after the location of the nuclear reactors in Iran have turned into huge craters. I'm looking forward to seeing Qom, the HQ of the Mullahs turned into a big pile of rubble.

Hossfly,

You and I were there about the same time.

Ever seen a Herky Bird in action? I was weaned on the old C47 "Puff, The Magic Dragon" in Vietnam in '69-'70. I can't imagine what the IAF will add to the goodie package.

The AC-130 Gunship in Action | Military.com

AC-130 Gunship
(COMMENT)

Puff was a AC-47
Spooky was a AC-119
Spectre was an AC-130

I never saw Spectre in Vietnam, only Thailand.

V/r
R
Did they give birth to many MOABs and FOABs?

Forum List

Back