Idiot Rand Paul wants to restore voting rights to FELONS!!!

Voting. I got first offenders act and the STATE will allow me to own a gun but like ya said the ATF no longer has funds to deal with people asking for their right to own a gun back. I ignore them anyways...2nd amendment is clear on that....Once I hit the lottery I will get a good lawyer and get that right back in the legal definition according to the government.

I'm a moderate libertarian, but I definitely disagree with Rand on this one, at least at the federal level. Leave it up to the states.

it is up to the states. In MI felons can vote. Some states don't allow it, but in my opinion once you've payed your debt to society you should be allowed to vote

Dumbass. All these felons will vote dem and repubs need to fight against this. GOP should say something like "we'll restore their voting rights if we also restore their gun rights. Gun rights are a CONSTITUTIONAL right, unlike voting." See how dems like that.

Rand Paul fights for felon voting rights - CNN.com

February 19, 2014

(CNN) --
"Kids do make mistakes. White kids make mistakes. Black kids make mistakes. Brown kids make mistakes," Paul told the Kentucky state Senate committee considering a constitutional amendment to restore the voting rights of some felons on Wednesday. "But when you look at the prison population, three out of the four people in prison are black or brown."

The issue of restoring felon voting rights has made for some unusual alliances as former felons, like Fogle, see in lawmakers like Paul, a tea party-backed Republican, a champion.
Nationally, about 5.8 million people are prohibited from voting because of current or previous felony convictions, according to Attorney Gen. Eric Holder.

In the swing states of Florida and Virginia, one in five black adults is unable to vote because of these laws, according to Holder.
In Paul's home state of Kentucky, it's also one in five.

If someone gets in trouble--and pays their dues to society and cleans up their act--you cannot deny their basic right to vote. PERIOD--They may now be contributing to society by working and paying taxes--and you would stand in their way to vote? It's absurd to think anyone would do that.

Voting is a Constitutional right, dumbass.

So is owning a gun. But you can lose rights, moron. IN fact you probably did.

"Yeah, that Rand Paul finds himself on the same side as Eric Holder should be a tip off. But I always said narco-libertarians were just progressives with the fascist knocked off."

I doubt you will see the error you just made........ So it's prolly not worth pointing out.

If a felon has served their time, they should be allowed to earn their right to vote back. However, in the case of sex offenders and identity thieves, they should be banned from voting for life. Some felons will be repeat offenders, others will do what they can to lead a clean life, and banning them from voting will be a discouragement they don't need.

I would rather see felons who served their time allowed to vote than freeloading welfare trash that refuses to work and be a productive member to society. If one refuses to work and is on welfare, they should have to surrender their voting rights.

Voting is a Constitutional right, dumbass.

"Yeah, that Rand Paul finds himself on the same side as Eric Holder should be a tip off. But I always said narco-libertarians were just progressives with the fascist knocked off."

I doubt you will see the error you just made........ So it's prolly not worth pointing out.

Do you know how many people in this country today--were charged with a felony for getting caught smoking marijuana? You would actually deny these people the right to vote?

What about the kid that took off with someone else's car for a joy ride was charged with felony theft--then GROWS up and is a decent citizen--working and paying taxes with a family now. You would deny him the right to vote?

Think about it> Not every Felony--centers around murder or assault charges.

Do you know how many people in this country today--were charged with a felony for getting caught smoking marijuana? You would actually deny these people the right to vote?

What about the kid that took off with someone else's car for a joy ride was charged with felony theft--then GROWS up and is a decent citizen--working and paying taxes with a family now. You would deny him the right to vote?

Sorry, you missed something... I agree with them voting, Rabbi does not. The point of my quote was Rabbi said these people shouldn't vote, the guy called him out saying but it's a constitutional right, then rabbi said so is the second amendment.

Rabbi was picking what amendment he feels should be law and what amendment should be discarded, all I did was point that out.

Felons should have the right to vote, whether we agree or not, they are still Americans and live here and deal with the same shit we all do.. Maybe they needed to learn their lesson after the first time yah know??

Case by case and common sense.

:You're 18, you're young and stupid. You decide to try some weed. The cops catch you with it, and due to the drug sentences being harsher due to politicians you serve more time than a murderer. Ten years later you get out after having completed your degree while incarcerated:

Shouldn't a person like that be able to vote? With the largest prison population in the history of mankind I think we could find several cases like this.

How about the career petty criminal who has 300+ arrests on his rap sheet? You want someone like that votiing?
Because the 18 year old who is not 35 can petition to have his rights restored. And it happens all the time. We dont need this legislation.

If you wan't felons to ever fully reintergrate into society, then they should not be disinfranchised for life; there should be a criteria inplace wherein they can achieve voting status again. If they have paid in full for their crimes, and have succesfully acculturated to mainstream - then let them vote. :

Fine, but then why do you libbies oppose also giving them back their gun rights?. Being able to
defend yourself and family is far more important than voting. And gun rights are supposed to be constitutionally guaranteed to all adults - unlike voting.

Owning a gun is more important than voting? You win the dumb award.

Wow.

Another thing I agree with Rand Paul on.

But then again, I agreed with his pop on alot of things too.

Still wouldn't vote for him.

If you wan't felons to ever fully reintergrate into society, then they should not be disinfranchised for life; there should be a criteria inplace wherein they can achieve voting status again. If they have paid in full for their crimes, and have succesfully acculturated to mainstream - then let them vote. :

Fine, but then why do you libbies oppose also giving them back their gun rights?. Being able to
defend yourself and family is far more important than voting. And gun rights are supposed to be constitutionally guaranteed to all adults - unlike voting.

The protects you to be able to vote

tapatalk post

The protects you to be able to vote

tapatalk post

Lose your voting rights and see how fast the guns are gone. I've never needed a gun, but I vote a lot.

Forum List

Back