Idiot Rand Paul wants to restore voting rights to FELONS!!!

Felons can get their gun rights back.

It's very tough. You have to get a pardon or in a few states appear before a panel and convince (pay a bribe) them to give you back your RKBA. The feds used to have a similar program until clinton defunded it.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Presidents do not have the power to defund anything - that's always the House.

You've been caught lying again, dope.

Clinton did it a lot. The program to restore gun rights to felons was part of the executive dept and he would just issue an EO to stop giving money to the program.

It's a relic from back in the day when felony convictions were rare and represented serious crimes.

That's it. There used to be 7 felonies and they were all serious like murder, perjury, manslaughter, rape and i forget the rest. But in the last century lots of petty crimes have been classified as felonies. The public will complain about a crime and congress will mollify them by saying "OK, we'll make that a felony".

It's very tough. You have to get a pardon or in a few states appear before a panel and convince (pay a bribe) them to give you back your RKBA. The feds used to have a similar program until clinton defunded it.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Presidents do not have the power to defund anything - that's always the House.

You've been caught lying again, dope.

Clinton did it a lot. The program to restore gun rights to felons was part of the executive dept and he would just issue an EO to stop giving money to the program.
Post the link.

Fine, but then why do you libbies oppose also giving them back their gun rights?. Being able to
defend yourself and family is far more important than voting. And gun rights are supposed to be constitutionally guaranteed to all adults - unlike voting.

Who opposes that? Or are you just making ASSumptions again?

All liberals oppose it. Liberals oppose freedom and the only reason you want felons voting is cuz you know they'll vote dem, the welfare party.
Am I a Liberal? I don't oppose it.

Link to Liberals being against this.

[

It's already the case that a felon can petition to have his voting rights restored. And it does happen. Why do we need a statute to make it automatic? I mean, other than giving the Dems a new constituency.

Petition? HAHAHAHA. You mean "pay a bribe". Only the rich felons get their vote back.

Once you have done your time, any punishment beyond that seems to me to be onerous and unconstitutional, unless there is probation attached to release. But after probation is complete, no person ought have any different rights than any non ex criminal. If you want that different, send real criminals away for life, or execute them.

It's a crock of shit, for instance, to release a sexual predator, then tell them they can't live within X miles of a school. Bullshit. Lock them up forever or kill them if they are that dangerous.

If felons are allowed to vote, that is a bigger hole for the GOP to overcome on election day because most felons are scum aka liberals....

Who cut ATF funding? Republicans. Fact.

They've been attacking ATF ever since Waco.

Proof? No. ATF has more funding now than ever.
ATF Fact Sheet - U.S. Bomb Data Center | ATF

Looks like you've been pwned again, sonny.

Sorry, fool. Your own link shows less employees, less investigators, less in other positions.

ATF poorly armed with funding as duties grow

The ATF, charged with keeping track of the nation's 300 million guns, has an annual budget of $1 billion, half that of the Drug Enforcement Administration and a pittance compared with the $8 billion showered on the FBI. In addition to firearms, the bureau investigates bombings, regulates the explosives industry and tries to halt illegal trafficking of alcohol and cigarettes.

As enforcement responsibilities grow and its funding stays static - the bureau's roster of agents has grown by just 38 in the past 12 years, to 2,388 - some jobs slip through the cracks.

The agency is incapable of inspecting a majority of the nation's 137,000 gun dealers and other licensees within a mandated five-year time frame, according to a Justice Department inspector general's report in April.

One result: From 2004 to 2011, the number of firearms considered lost or stolen increased 18 percent, to 174,679. Many of those are believed to have fallen into the hands of criminals.

When investigators identify gun dealers guilty of serious violations, the bureau is slow to revoke licenses. The inspector general's report said a third of such cases from 2005 through 2010 took more than a year. In the seven years leading up to 2011, the number of revocations dropped 43 percent.

"Just look at the numbers," said Marvin Richardson, deputy assistant director for enforcement programs and services for the agency. "They speak for themselves."

Government Agency Charged With Enforcing Gun Laws Has No Permanent Director, Tiny Staff

Part of the problem is that Congress, in its wisdom, removed ATF from the Treasury Department and turned it into a stand-alone agency in 2006, adding the agency's director to the list of posts that require Senate confirmation. Thanks to the NRA's lobbying power, the Senate has never confirmed anyone for the job since then, leaving the agency rudderless. The ATF's current acting director is working out of the US Attorney's office in Minnesota.

Lack of stable leadership isn't the ATF's only problem. The bureau employs fewer people than it did almost 40 years ago, with fewer than 2,500 people on hand to regulate the 310 million guns and 60,000 gun dealers in the US. The Post reports that the ATF is so shorthanded that gun dealers can expect an ATF inspection about once every eight years.

Flashback: How Republicans and the NRA Kneecapped the ATF

The problems are obvious. The agency that Obama said "works most closely with state and local law enforcement to keep illegal guns out of the hands of criminals" has the same of number of agents as the Phoenix Police Department. Its budget has barely budged in decades (as the Department of Homeland Security has grown flush with post-9/11 funding). It has fewer investigators than it did in 1973. And its acting (and part-time) director, B. Todd Jones, commutes to work from Minneapolis, where he works full-time as a US attorney. It hasn't had a permanent director for six years. The NRA blocked Obama's earlier appointee, Andrew Traver, in part because Traver had once attended a meeting of police chiefs that focused on gun control. At the unveiling of his gun violence prevention package, Obama announced he would seek to make Jones the permanent (and presumably fulltime) chief of the ATF.

Arent you ever embarassed at being shown to be dead wrong? You claimed the agency had its funding slashed. I showed the funding was more now than ever. SO you deflect to something else. This is why no one can take you seriously. That and that stupid avatar.

Why shouldn't felons have the right to vote? Are they going to vote for O.J. Simpson?

Let them vote already. I support Paul on this.

If felons are allowed to vote, that is a bigger hole for the GOP to overcome on election day because most felons are scum aka liberals....

Yes indeed. That's why i called rand paul an idiot for supporting this. Stupid repubs think they'll get the black vote if they support this but that's BS. Blacks will always back the welfare party.:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Why shouldn't felons have the right to vote? Are they going to vote for O.J. Simpson?

OK- but then you libs have to also give them back their gun rights. According to the constitution that should have never been taken away in the first place.

OK- but then you libs have to also give them back their gun rights. According to the constitution that should have never been taken away in the first place.

What the fuck are you talking about???? I'm not a lib and I have owned guns for my entire adult life.

Time to get your head out of your ass.

And felons should lose their RIGHT to vote. Until they have paid their debt to society - then their right should be restored.

Interesting, so what if the federal government makes Drinking Big Gulps a Felony, now those people lose the right to vote?

No one should be prevented from voting unless they have inflicted PHYSICAL harm upon another person (unless in self defense).

And felons should lose their RIGHT to vote. Until they have paid their debt to society - then their right should be restored.

Interesting, so what if the federal government makes Drinking Big Gulps a Felony, now those people lose the right to vote?

No one should be prevented from voting unless they have inflicted PHYSICAL harm upon another person (unless in self defense).

Wrong - society as a whole (not one person) decides what penalties are attacked to which crimes.

Forum List

Back