🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If A Terrorist Group of Mexicans

Israel wants to peacefully co-exist. That's it. The palestinian people elected the head of a terrorist organization whose avowed purpose is the destruction of Israel. They've been firing missiles into civilian areas in Israel and sending in suicide bombers for years. Far as I'm concerned, Israel is more than justified in reducing Gaza to rubble.

the question needs to be asked is:

what would happen if the palestinians unilaterally stopped firing missiles?

the answer is that israel would stop firing back.

but what would happen if israel disarmed?

the palestinians would drive it to the sea.

i think that pretty much sums up the situation there.

which again, begs the question, why the double standard vis israel as opposed to the rest of the world?

fired over 100 missiles into Texas and California, would there be any doubt that we'd retaliate and hard...and that no one would ever question our right to retaliate?

so...what is it that makes anyone question the obligation of the Israeli government to respond to hundreds of Hamas missiles?

Personally, I think when your people are forced to live in bomb shelters by terrorists, you have an obligation to do what you have to in order to protect your population.

Reminder that this is the Clean Debate Zone and was intentionally placed here so as not to be another ranting and insane israel/pal section thread.

There are some inconsistencies in your analogy.

One is that in 1848 there was no international law against the acquisition of land by war. In 1948 there was, and still is.

Another is that the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo was a peace agreement that ended the Mexican-American war and set agreed upon borders.

There has never been a peace agreement ending the Israel-Palestine war. The international borders of Palestine have not changed since they were defined in 1922. Israel remains inside Palestine's international borders.

The statement "firing rockets into Israel" makes no sense since Israel is in Palestine.

Palestinians and their Arab allies tried to wipe the Israelis and their nation off the face of the earth.

The Palestinians have got what they have earned: nothing.

Everything for Palestine depends on Israeli largess. Everything.

Gov't = You have got to look at our administration. They would just rather us get our ass kicked than do shit about it
People = Seems to me alot of peopple dont like Isreal. Maybe they are in fear of us actually helping them?

i think any US government is concerned about ticking off the arab world. that's why bush I asked israel not to respond to SCUD attacks during gulf I.. .and bush II made israel back down instead of taking out hezbollah in lebanon.

in terms of the people in general, it appears there is a huge undercurrent of anti-semitism. and there's also this misplaced idea that hamas are underdogs.

I'm very grateful to the Obama administration has refused to get our soldiers killed. Instead of starting or participating in wars, he has kept deaths, maiming and expense to a minimum while thoroughly kicking butt. I'm sure most people have been surprised to find him to be a very aggressive hawk. (Now if he would just move up the get-out-date in Afghanistan but that is a whole nother set of problems.)

I could not agree more that Israel and Palestine need to settle this themselves but that's not going to happen.

I also agree that, just as with other bigotry and racism, anti-antisemitism runs deep.

Im all for Isreal kicking some butt! Get em'! I know they have the funds lol

I'm all for them kicking butt, too.

but what do you think causes the double standard insofar as israel's right to defend itself?

i have my own ideas about it. but i'm interested in hearing the opinions of people who don't have a horse in the race.

the double standard is becasue...

Its all about giving muslims a pass. No one wants to do the un PC thing and say the words to piss them off.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEEkEUcb2Y4]Israel and Hamas Gaza Strikes: The 'Collateral Damage' (Disturbing Video) - YouTube[/ame]

I'm all for them kicking butt, too.

but what do you think causes the double standard insofar as israel's right to defend itself?

i have my own ideas about it. but i'm interested in hearing the opinions of people who don't have a horse in the race.

Its all about giving muslims a pass. No one wants to do the un PC thing and say the words to piss them off.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEEkEUcb2Y4]Israel and Hamas Gaza Strikes: The 'Collateral Damage' (Disturbing Video) - YouTube[/ame]

and?

they shouldn't send missiles into israel.
and shouldn't use their people as human shields.

d'uh.

but again, this thread isn't one of your pali propaganda threads. it asks a different question.

terrorist supporters like you notwithstanding.

Israel, who despite the armed assaults of it enemies, has existed for 64 years, will exist another 1,064.

When the rockets stop, peace will come. Until then, Palestinians alone are responsible for hating their own children.

Israel, who despite the armed assaults of it enemies, has existed for 64 years, will exist another 1,064.

When the rockets stop, peace will come. Until then, Palestinians alone are responsible for hating their own children.

at some point, they do have to make the choice that golda meir spoke about... loving their children more than they hate israelis.

Not true. There are no rockets out of the West Bank and the Palestinians are still attacked by Israel.

fired over 100 missiles into Texas and California, would there be any doubt that we'd retaliate and hard...and that no one would ever question our right to retaliate?

so...what is it that makes anyone question the obligation of the Israeli government to respond to hundreds of Hamas missiles?

Personally, I think when your people are forced to live in bomb shelters by terrorists, you have an obligation to do what you have to in order to protect your population.

Reminder that this is the Clean Debate Zone and was intentionally placed here so as not to be another ranting and insane israel/pal section thread.

I don't understand what your point is. Maybe we are reading totally different posts but I have seen nothing condemming Israel for returning fire on suspected rocket launching sites.

My only problem in this whole deal is trying to drag America into it.

I have another question to add to my reply and that is... Do you believe that people are firing off rockets at Israel for absolutely no reason? I do not believe that. I believe that these rocket launcher Palistinians have a serious grievance or they would not provoke a very predictable retaliation by their actions.

Nobody wakes up one morning ...just bored...and decides ..HMMMmmmm "hey why don't we launch some rockets at Israel today?"

There is obviously more to this than just Israel's side to this event.

Jill, there is no double standard in the reality of this conflict.

There are only double standards in POLITICAL rhetoric surrounding this conflict.

Now I totally understand why one might pose a rhetorical question about these double standards.

But as to the WHY are there double standards?

You know exactly why partisans seek to judge themselves differently than their opponents.

Israel is really only being judged by one real standard...can it survive against those forces that would crush it.

That's the ONLY standard that Israel really has to care about, too.

The analogy is speculative because the US has never annexed territory from Mexico so "retaliation" would clearly be illegal...oh, hang on........

You don't really think this do you? You know all about the Treaty of Guadalupe, right?

Can someone clarify/confirm something for me. Didn't the Knesset offer to return the West Bank back to Jordan, but Jordan said they could keep it, thus ridding them [the Jordanians] of any responsibility to the Palestinians?

and?

they shouldn't send missiles into israel.
and shouldn't use their people as human shields.

d'uh.

but again, this thread isn't one of your pali propaganda threads. it asks a different question.

terrorist supporters like you notwithstanding.

come on. isn't this the CDZ? i think calling someone who supports justice for the palestinians a "terrorist supporter" is probaably tantamount to someone calling you a "war crimes advocate" or "genocide supporter" for your zionist stance.

also, i have seen you say you want to avoid the "tit fot tat" type of response that occurs on the palestine/israel board.

"d'uh" (as if that helps.)

i do not think that meant that those on your side could tit 'til the cows come home with nary a tat to be seen.

and again, i do not think just because you started this thread, and on a poor analogy i might add, that you have a right to dictate its direction.

truthseeker is doing a heck of a job.

just a reminder, jillian, this is the Clean Debate Zone and (this thread) was intentionally placed here so as not to be another ranting and insane israel/pal section thread. please try to remember that.

and imagine what americans would do to mexico if mexico built a wall up to ft worth and enclosed dallas. i got a feelin' we would be shooting off more than rockets.

the analogy hurts if it is on the other foot, doesn't it.

Last edited:
Every nation has the right to use force against the illegitmate force used by other nations. The West Bank is merely pissed they can't get homicide bombers into Israel.

Not true. There are no rockets out of the West Bank and the Palestinians are still attacked by Israel.

Jillian is not ranting.

The dying in Gaza ends when the terrorists stop firing rockets. That is the only fact that counts.

Forum List

Back