If All Goes Well With The Economy Next Year.What Will The Democrats Complain About?

The economy is doing well right now and the OP says it's not. So there definition on of a good economy is flexible.

It depends on what yardstick you use to measure the economy. I'd say we have real long term issues, and no president or congress have every tried to address the issue which is destroying the bottom 50%. That is the wealth/income gap.

:argue: What if all goes as expected and the DOW stays over 19,000. First time apps for unemployment keeps dropping, we start creating 250,000 to 300,000 jobs a month, the debt/deficit finally starts to go in reverse. By March/April, actual unemployment is closer to 15% {well, being its about 25% now !!!!!!} yah,right! Is it really 5% ??:laugh2::laugh2:

Should be interesting to see what Pelosi will come up with this time!
Queen Nancy can't say that when President Trump took office that we were losing 500 Million jobs a month this time around! :slap:

Unlike the numerous declarations of the death of the Republican party by arrogant and out-of-touch leftists, the Republican party with the leadership of Trump could crush the Democrat party. If you look at the map, democrats are no longer a national party. They are a regional party, with no national pull. State legislatures and governorships are dominated by Republicans.

This was a resounding rebuke to Obama's legacy.

84 months of economic expansion.

We are overdue for a recession, so start compiling your excuses when it hits on Trump's watch.
All this economic expansion, and yet the Dems lost for economic reasons?

Go figure.

Stock Market more than doubled, $50 trillion added to national wealth, GDP up $4.5 trillion. unemployment rate dropped 4%

Lets see Trump match that

Really, you want to rant about the gains in the stock market and credit BO for that. Absurd, silly and without basis. But I'll let you do it any way. Because now you have to blame BO for the expansion of the wealth gap. Yep, he let the rich get richer, while the bottom 50%, those folks the Libs claim to represent, got a another $1 or 2 per hour added to their min wage job. All hail BO!

We are overdue for a recession, so start compiling your excuses when it hits on Trump's watch.

Go figure.

Stock Market more than doubled, $50 trillion added to national wealth, GDP up $4.5 trillion. unemployment rate dropped 4%

Really, you want to rant about the gains in the stock market and credit BO for that. Absurd, silly and without basis. But I'll let you do it any way. Because now you have to blame BO for the expansion of the wealth gap. Yep, he let the rich get richer, while the bottom 50%, those folks the Libs claim to represent, got a another $1 or 2 per hour added to their min wage job. All hail BO!

I agree

Unemployment is not the issue. The problem is that while America has seen $50 trillion in wealth added under Obama, almost none went to the working class.

What is Trump going to do about the distribution of wealth?

It's not that people do not have jobs

They have stagnet wages, where they have not seen the benefit of the good economy like those salaries and incomes at the very top.

Trumps answer if he follows the RNC, is give these people at the top EVEN MORE than they've benefited, and give THEM more of the pie through tax cuts...

:cuckoo:

Exactly. Unemployment is at 4.9%. It may drop to the 4.5% range but can't drop much further

Problem is stagnant wages which Republicans love. They have the workforce right where they want them, why would they change anything?

So let me get this straight rightwinger, BO gets credit for doubling the stock market during his presidency and increasing overall wealth, but the Republicans are completely responsible for depressed wages. Congratulations, you have broken the record for the most partisan liberal in the history of the US.

They have stagnet wages, where they have not seen the benefit of the good economy like those salaries and incomes at the very top.

Trumps answer if he follows the RNC, is give these people at the top EVEN MORE than they've benefited, and give THEM more of the pie through tax cuts...

Exactly. Unemployment is at 4.9%. It may drop to the 4.5% range but can't drop much further

Problem is stagnant wages which Republicans love. They have the workforce right where they want them, why would they change anything?

So let me get this straight rightwinger, BO gets credit for doubling the stock market during his presidency and increasing overall wealth, but the Republicans are completely responsible for depressed wages. Congratulations, you have broken the record for the most partisan liberal in the history of the US.
Leave him alone. He's still waiting for the next Republican president to be born and upset because the economy is going to progress out of stagnation.

Are our low wages the Republicans fault?

Hard to argue that they are not. We sold out to the supply side economic god of slashing taxes and deregulation. It was supposed to result in trickle down wealth. It didn't
The wealthy and corporations just kept the money

Which party has blocked minimum wage increases for the last 7 years?
Which party has been dismantling unions for the last 30 years?

Leave him alone. He's still waiting for the next Republican president to be born and upset because the economy is going to progress out of stagnation.

Stagnation....I like that word

Seems I will get to use it quite a bit over the next four years

Stagnation....I like that word

Seems I will get to use it quite a bit over the next four years
It's a shame. You wasted 8 years of using a new word and soon it will be worthless unless recounting the Obama years.

Go figure.

I don't know Bucky...you are a hard man to please

All we heard from Conservatives over the last eight years is.....Obama is trying to redistribute wealth

Now, we get complaints that all the increase in national wealth went to the wealthy

Hard to argue that they are not. We sold out to the supply side economic god of slashing taxes and deregulation. It was supposed to result in trickle down wealth. It didn't

And there is the difference in leftist thinking and those on the right. The left thinks the way to spread the wealth is to demand higher pay for the lowest, non skilled labor; the right would prefer to create an opportunity for that person to move past minimum wage. I'm not saying they are successful at doing so, but if there was a common vision between the Dems and reps, success would be more likely. Sure, the Reps could say let's increase minimum wage so full time min worker makes $25k per year. But that doesn't do anything for the growing wealth gap. Min wage workers are a very small portion of the work force, less than 5%. Lets think bigger.

And there is the difference in leftist thinking and those on the right. The left thinks the way to spread the wealth is to demand higher pay for the lowest, non skilled labor; the right would prefer to create an opportunity for that person to move past minimum wage. I'm not saying they are successful at doing so, but if there was a common vision between the Dems and reps, success would be more likely. Sure, the Reps could say let's increase minimum wage so full time min worker makes $25k per year. But that doesn't do anything for the growing wealth gap. Min wage workers are a very small portion of the work force, less than 5%. Lets think bigger.

Why didn't distribution of wealth increase under Bush?

Lower tax rates increase wealth of the one percent.....It doesn't trickle down

The economy is doing well right now and the OP says it's not. So there definition on of a good economy is flexible.
Then why are there still record of people on welfare?

A failure of trickle down economics
We've had Obama economics for eight years. Not so great, Trump will turn that around though.

He better

Give me some examples of where you think the Trump economy will be in four years

Forum List

Back