If All Goes Well With The Economy Next Year.What Will The Democrats Complain About?

84 months of economic expansion.

We are overdue for a recession, so start compiling your excuses when it hits on Trump's watch.
All this economic expansion, and yet the Dems lost for economic reasons?

Go figure.

Stock Market more than doubled, $50 trillion added to national wealth, GDP up $4.5 trillion. unemployment rate dropped 4%

Lets see Trump match that

Really, you want to rant about the gains in the stock market and credit BO for that. Absurd, silly and without basis. But I'll let you do it any way. Because now you have to blame BO for the expansion of the wealth gap. Yep, he let the rich get richer, while the bottom 50%, those folks the Libs claim to represent, got a another $1 or 2 per hour added to their min wage job. All hail BO!

I don't know Bucky...you are a hard man to please

All we heard from Conservatives over the last eight years is.....Obama is trying to redistribute wealth

Now, we get complaints that all the increase in national wealth went to the wealthy

Correct, conservatives generally don't think in a communistic sense, we don't favor redistribution, or taking from the haves and just giving to the have nots. I prefer to give equal opportunity, let the have nots become the haves through hard work, innovation etc. keep the lines of opportunity open. Handing somebody food stamps is cruel if they are an able bodied or able minded person. It robs them of dignity and stymies their pursuit of the American Dream.

It's not that people do not have jobs

They have stagnet wages, where they have not seen the benefit of the good economy like those salaries and incomes at the very top.

Trumps answer if he follows the RNC, is give these people at the top EVEN MORE than they've benefited, and give THEM more of the pie through tax cuts...

:cuckoo:

Exactly. Unemployment is at 4.9%. It may drop to the 4.5% range but can't drop much further

Problem is stagnant wages which Republicans love. They have the workforce right where they want them, why would they change anything?

So let me get this straight rightwinger, BO gets credit for doubling the stock market during his presidency and increasing overall wealth, but the Republicans are completely responsible for depressed wages. Congratulations, you have broken the record for the most partisan liberal in the history of the US.

Are our low wages the Republicans fault?

Hard to argue that they are not. We sold out to the supply side economic god of slashing taxes and deregulation. It was supposed to result in trickle down wealth. It didn't
The wealthy and corporations just kept the money

Which party has blocked minimum wage increases for the last 7 years?
Which party has been dismantling unions for the last 30 years?

And there is the difference in leftist thinking and those on the right. The left thinks the way to spread the wealth is to demand higher pay for the lowest, non skilled labor; the right would prefer to create an opportunity for that person to move past minimum wage. I'm not saying they are successful at doing so, but if there was a common vision between the Dems and reps, success would be more likely. Sure, the Reps could say let's increase minimum wage so full time min worker makes $25k per year. But that doesn't do anything for the growing wealth gap. Min wage workers are a very small portion of the work force, less than 5%. Lets think bigger.

Why didn't distribution of wealth increase under Bush?

Lower tax rates increase wealth of the one percent.....It doesn't trickle down

Again, you're being excessively partisan. The wealth gap has been increasing Since the late 1970s. Since 1980 we have had 20years of a Rep president and 16 years of Dem president- now use your imagination and explain how the Dems have helped the wealth gap and the GOP has caused it to grow. It transcends party lines. It is an issue within our system and it also occurred leading into the Great Depression.

IMG_0455.PNG

84 months of economic expansion.

We are overdue for a recession, so start compiling your excuses when it hits on Trump's watch.

Go figure.

Stock Market more than doubled, $50 trillion added to national wealth, GDP up $4.5 trillion. unemployment rate dropped 4%

Really, you want to rant about the gains in the stock market and credit BO for that. Absurd, silly and without basis. But I'll let you do it any way. Because now you have to blame BO for the expansion of the wealth gap. Yep, he let the rich get richer, while the bottom 50%, those folks the Libs claim to represent, got a another $1 or 2 per hour added to their min wage job. All hail BO!

All we heard from Conservatives over the last eight years is.....Obama is trying to redistribute wealth

Now, we get complaints that all the increase in national wealth went to the wealthy

Correct, conservatives generally don't think in a communistic sense, we don't favor redistribution, or taking from the haves and just giving to the have nots. I prefer to give equal opportunity, let the have nots become the haves through hard work, innovation etc. keep the lines of opportunity open. Handing somebody food stamps is cruel if they are an able bodied or able minded person. It robs them of dignity and stymies their pursuit of the American Dream.

Nobody has recommended taking from the rich and giving to the poor

But why do we continue policies that only enrich the one percent if they don't result in more jobs and wealth at lower levels? Why continue to help those who obviously don't need it?

Exactly. Unemployment is at 4.9%. It may drop to the 4.5% range but can't drop much further

Problem is stagnant wages which Republicans love. They have the workforce right where they want them, why would they change anything?

So let me get this straight rightwinger, BO gets credit for doubling the stock market during his presidency and increasing overall wealth, but the Republicans are completely responsible for depressed wages. Congratulations, you have broken the record for the most partisan liberal in the history of the US.

Hard to argue that they are not. We sold out to the supply side economic god of slashing taxes and deregulation. It was supposed to result in trickle down wealth. It didn't

And there is the difference in leftist thinking and those on the right. The left thinks the way to spread the wealth is to demand higher pay for the lowest, non skilled labor; the right would prefer to create an opportunity for that person to move past minimum wage. I'm not saying they are successful at doing so, but if there was a common vision between the Dems and reps, success would be more likely. Sure, the Reps could say let's increase minimum wage so full time min worker makes $25k per year. But that doesn't do anything for the growing wealth gap. Min wage workers are a very small portion of the work force, less than 5%. Lets think bigger.

Again, you're being excessively partisan. The wealth gap has been increasing Since the late 1970s. Since 1980 we have had 20years of a Rep president and 16 years of Dem president- now use your imagination and explain how the Dems have helped the wealth gap and the GOP has caused it to grow. It transcends party lines. It is an issue within our system and it also occurred leading into the Great Depression.

View attachment 99009

What event happened in 1980?

The election of Reagan and commitment to supply side economics. As you posted, that "trickle down" never happened

Go figure.

But why do we continue policies that only enrich the one percent if they don't result in more jobs and wealth at lower levels? Why continue to help those who obviously don't need it?

I agree, so what policies do you think we need to help the bottom 50% toincrease their income/wealth the way the top 20% have?

View attachment 99009

The election of Reagan and commitment to supply side economics. As you posted, that "trickle down" never happened

Ok, again with the completely partisan agenda. If it is all Reagans fault, who never had both houses of congress during his presidency, then you would have to accept that BO and Clinton were ineffective presidents in your eyes, because they did nothing to stem the tide of the wealth gap. Especially when you consider they both enjoyed periods of democratic majorities in both houses.

Remember how democrats were bitching tampons should be free? They will champion that, and putting tampon machines into men's rooms....:lol:

Apparently tampons are effective in soothing liberal butthurt so, yeah, it makes sense to put the machines in men's rooms. Though surely leftists would have no trouble just waltzing into the ladies room to get/insert one? Or is that "two-stepping"?

I agree, so what policies do you think we need to help the bottom 50% toincrease their income/wealth the way the top 20% have?

Again, I think just giving the middle class money is a waste

But what prevents the middle class from accumulating wealth and passing it on? Medical bills will wipe out a families savings and medical insurance is becoming way too expensive. Sending your kids to college puts families in debt and forces recent graduates to become slaves to their loans.
Used to be, owning a home was the best investment a family could make. But housing prices are stagnant and you will never see the return your parents and grandparents saw.

So, I would like to see an investment in middle class healthcare and education. Neither are tax deductible right now so that would be a start. I'd also like to see middle class subsidies for healthcare and education

View attachment 99009

Ok, again with the completely partisan agenda. If it is all Reagans fault, who never had both houses of congress during his presidency, then you would have to accept that BO and Clinton were ineffective presidents in your eyes, because they did nothing to stem the tide of the wealth gap. Especially when you consider they both enjoyed periods of democratic majorities in both houses.

I'm not trying to point fingers at either party. We made a commitment to supply side economics and it has failed the middle class miserably. You, yourself pointed to the gap that has occurred since we committed to supply side

Frankly, the wealthy do not contribute as much as they did pre 1980 and the middle class has had to pick up the slack by paying more for education and healthcare

:argue: What if all goes as expected and the DOW stays over 19,000. First time apps for unemployment keeps dropping, we start creating 250,000 to 300,000 jobs a month, the debt/deficit finally starts to go in reverse. By March/April, actual unemployment is closer to 15% {well, being its about 25% now !!!!!!} yah,right! Is it really 5% ??:laugh2::laugh2:

Should be interesting to see what Pelosi will come up with this time!
Queen Nancy can't say that when President Trump took office that we were losing 500 Million jobs a month this time around! :slap:
Racism, sexism, homophobia, its all.they have
They havent had an economic message in 50 years

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
The economy is doing well right now and the OP says it's not. So there definition on of a good economy is flexible.
Then why are there still record of people on welfare?

A failure of trickle down economics
We've had Obama economics for eight years. Not so great, Trump will turn that around though.

He better

Give me some examples of where you think the Trump economy will be in four years
Eliminate Obama Care being back full time jobs.
Cut unnecessary regulations that cost businesses money. Making it friendly to do business in America.
Out tariffs on imports. If it can bring back jobs in the United States, than I don't mind paying a little more.

The economy is doing well right now and the OP says it's not. So there definition on of a good economy is flexible.

A failure of trickle down economics
We've had Obama economics for eight years. Not so great, Trump will turn that around though.

He better

Give me some examples of where you think the Trump economy will be in four years
Eliminate Obama Care being back full time jobs.
Cut unnecessary regulations that cost businesses money. Making it friendly to do business in America.
Out tariffs on imports. If it can bring back jobs in the United States, than I don't mind paying a little more.

There is only so much a tariff can do.

We are not talking about the difference between paying someone $20 an hour in the US vs $18 abroad
We are talking $20 an hour vs $6 an hour

All the tariff will do is make the imported merchandise more expensive without bringing jobs

Well, the main reason is that there is a record number of people.
Then there should be a record number employed.
There is.
fredgraph.png

If you want the original data: Seasonally Adjusted Civilian Employment

Well, the main reason is that there is a record number of people.
Then there should be a record number employed.
There is.
fredgraph.png

If you want the original data: Seasonally Adjusted Civilian Employment

You've bested him with data and facts!

Now you've done it. You've activated his response that deals with facts.

Now he will call the facts, data and you a liar without specifics with hopes just saying it is enough to defect.

Forum List

Back