If Crist had defeated rubio what would be different?

sarahgop

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2009
the far right and talk radio made a big deal of rubio beating crist. what if crist had defeated rubio in the primary and had been elected as a moderate republican from florida to the senate? i would say nothing would be different except we wouldnt have rubio ramming amnesty down our throats. looking back, rubio is somewhat disappointing, a backstabber.

the far right and talk radio made a big deal of rubio beating crist. what if crist had defeated rubio in the primary and had been elected as a moderate republican from florida to the senate? i would say nothing would be different except we wouldnt have rubio ramming amnesty down our throats. looking back, rubio is somewhat disappointing, a backstabber.

I have to agree with you. He ruined whatever chances he had to get the nomination. I certainly wouldn't ever vote for him.

This immigration bill is a monstrosity, and the Dims are using Rubio's name to push it.

Rubio is a useful idiot.

I have to agree with you. He ruined whatever chances he had to get the nomination. I certainly wouldn't ever vote for him.

This immigration bill is a monstrosity, and the Dims are using Rubio's name to push it.

Rubio is a useful idiot.

He is trying to court a specific demographic. Essentially, doing what the dems do – break core values to court a special interest.

Piss poor but it is what wins elections.

You have your facts wrong. Rubio beat Crist in the General Election. Crist changed his party to NPA, or no party affiliation, in April of 2010, prior to qualifying, so he wouldn't have to run against Rubio in the primary.

In the General Election there was also a Democrat running, Kendrick Meek. There were 7 other candidates of no party or some minor party in the race.

Against 9 opponents Marco still received over 50% of the vote.

ETA: Had Crist won, being of no party, I'm sure he would have joined the Democrats in the Senate.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back