If Dems are going to obstruct, Repubs should fix the shutdown without them

Stormy Daniels

Gold Member
Mar 19, 2018
These obstructionist Democrats can't seem to figure out that the people choose Donald Trump and Republicans to run the country. They refuse to get in line on the budget, causing yet another shutdown. I don't blame the President one bit! Forget those Democrats, who needs them?! Republicans should just pass their own budget and fund the wall, without the obstructionist Democrats. Power to the people!

These obstructionist Democrats can't seem to figure out that the people choose Donald Trump and Republicans to run the country. They refuse to get in line on the budget, causing yet another shutdown. I don't blame the President one bit! Forget those Democrats, who needs them?! Republicans should just pass their own budget and fund the wall, without the obstructionist Democrats. Power to the people!
Even though very weird coming from you, I agree. LOL.

McConnell would have needed to go nuclear and pass the old budget with 51 votes and no dems. That ship sailed.
Now the only game in town is Nancy and the new dem House, and 60 Senate votes, which means Chuckie and 7 dems are needed to pass anything with 60 votes.
The next two years is going to be one battle after another after another.....until everyone tunes that bullshit out and ignores the MSM...

Lesson number one of politics is learn how to pick your battles. This is the stupidest move yet out of a long series of stupid moves.

McConnell would have needed to go nuclear and pass the old budget with 51 votes and no dems. That ship sailed.
Now the only game in town is Nancy and the new dem House, and 60 Senate votes, which means Chuckie and 7 dems are needed to pass anything with 60 votes.
The next two years is going to be one battle after another after another.....until everyone tunes that bullshit out and ignores the MSM...
For 2 years, the master negotiator had a majority in both chambers of Congress and couldn't get them to fund his ridiculous wall, but of course it is all the democrat's fault, LOL.

Master negotiator my ass, more like just a masturbator.

Lesson number one of politics is learn how to pick your battles. This is the stupidest move yet out of a long series of stupid moves.
Drumpf is unskilled in picking his battles. He is used to telling people whats going to happen and expecting instant compliance. This is why you never vote for someone for a political office that lacks leadership, diplomacy, and the ability to adapt to his surroundings.

For 2 years, the master negotiator had a majority in both chambers of Congress and couldn't get them to fund his ridiculous wall, but of course it is all the democrat's fault, LOL.

Master negotiator my ass, more like just a masturbator.

The Senate rules of 60 votes means that the dems can block almost all actions. I don't know why Mitch didn't go nuclear with Budget items, including the wall. There is no reason to require 60 votes for annual budgets. I'm more pissed at the GOP congress that couldn't pass immigration reform. Now I hope Trump uses his EOs like Obama to see if he can effectively pass immigration reform via re-interpretation.

The right moves are / were?
In the case of the vanity wall the correct course would have been to realize that it is a lost cause. Now he will have to suffer an embarrassing and totally preventable defeat.

Budget bills are exempted from filibustering.

In the case of the vanity wall the correct course would have been to realize that it is a lost cause. Now he will have to suffer an embarrassing and totally preventable defeat.
There was a winning move, but Ryan and the losers didn't pass it. We could have funded the wall with a new "remittance tax" that paid for the wall with a small tax money sent out of the US.
GOP lawmaker wants to tax money sent to Latin America

There was a winning move, but Ryan and the losers didn't pass it. We could have funded the wall with a new "remittance tax" that paid for the wall with a small tax money sent out of the US.
GOP lawmaker wants to tax money sent to Latin America
You know something, this nation is filthy rich, but for some reason due to politics sadly enough, we end up fighting one another over power struggles that leaves this nation and it's citizens vulnerable in the end. I mean we are a nation that came together to fight and win in three major wars before the hippies came along. We built the interstate highway system as a united nation. We overcame a depression in the 30's. We have always overcome our struggles with the good Lords help and blessings from above, and now we strain at a knat yet swallow a camel.

Pathetic is what we have become in this nation.

Ummm...no they didn't.

Donald Trump Hillary Clinton
Party Republican Democratic
Popular vote 62,984,828 65,853,514
Percentage
46.1% 48.2%

2016 United States presidential election - Wikipedia

It’s a lost cause until it becomes a reality

Doesn't work like that. The House controls the budget priorities.

Which will be controlled by the Democrats as of Wednesday.

The People chose the Democrats in the last election to control the House as of Wednesday.

The Republicans lost, and they lost on funding the wall.

Because the Republicans lost on funding the wall.

The Democrats, who won, because they were chosen by the people, will not be funding the wall.

The republicans control the House and the Senate. However the democrats control all legislation in the Senate with the filibuster.

The republicans instituted the never ending filibuster in the Obama years when they were the minority in the Senate. They kept control of all legislation that way.

Now the democrats are doing the same thing.

Is it right? No.

However in this case, I support them not giving trump one dime for that stupid wall. He said he would be proud to shut the government down for his wall.

Let him live with the consequences of that.

Next week the democrats take control of the House. He won't get anything out of the House for the next 2 years that includes any money for his stupid wall and I totally support that.

He should have taken the offer he was given but he rejected it after he said he would accept it.

Budget bills are exempted from filibustering.

I believe only those that use reconciliation and that can only happen once in a congressional session.

Forum List

Back