if Dems subpoena Trump taxes, will go to the Supreme Court,we'll see if Kavanaugh fight was worth it

I just saw Gingrich say that on TV.

If Democrats find Trump committed crimes, then we will see if Kavanaugh was worth it.

Jezzz, Republicans are such slime. I STG!
The way America sees it.

A crime has been committed. Investigate to see who did it and how it was done.

The way democrats see it.

Let's get someone we don't like and investigate them to find a crime or make a crime.

don't disappoint us Brad. i mean Brett. whatever. just dont disappoint!

you too, Gorsuch!
'FISHING' is not enough justification to get a warrant / subpoena to get someone's personal tax records, snowflakes.

Rachel Madcow already reported that Trump paid his taxes.

Do us all a favor - accept the results of the 2016 election already, stop being violent, drop this, and move on...

Trump is not above the law
the president cannot be indicted. let me say that again to you: the president cannot be indicted.

kavanaugh supposedly agrees. let's see if he sticks to his word
Sure he can

It would have to go to the supreme Court, bill clinton was a civil lawsuit

Suckers....

:21:

Nixon tried the same argument that he was above the law

It did not work

Where is that law requiring Presidents release their tax details?

If it is part of a Congressional investigation, he is required to comply

It is clear you have nothing, since you have been asked SEVERAL times now the questions that would justify such investigation in the first place, which is normally the province of the IRS who have audited him several times. The concept of due process and probable cause flies over your head, something Congress knows, since they realize they have no credible reason to investigate his tax portfolio.

Here is the question you dodged:

"Where is that law requiring Presidents release their tax details?"

Can you answer it?

I thought Trump said he would release his tax returns? Then he said no one wanted to see them. Why would he not do what every other president has done and release his tax documents?

Not every other President, just since Nixon. Not sure why this is such a big deal, no law, nothing just a tradition that Nixon started, nothing behind it.

don't disappoint us Brad. i mean Brett. whatever. just dont disappoint!

you too, Gorsuch!
The precedent is that presidents show their taxes so what would the sc do differently?

Please state the legal precedent that a President's tax returns can be subpoenaed?

Congress has the right to subpoena anyone’s taxes

Congress can’t just subpoena anyone’s taxes, they need cause, what is the cause to force him to show his taxes? The IRS already audited several years.

Congress could subpoena Trump's tax returns. It is quite likely that will happen if/when the Commies take over the HR. But it has never happened before, and Trump will simply refuse, based on Executive Privilege. Not sure Congress would pursue it through the courts, since the Congress' subpoena power is something it just gave itself, and the Supreme Court could rule that the power is illegitimate, thus ending that conceit in all cases, not just the specific one.

Bottom line: Trump's tax returns will. be come public if and only if, when and only when, Trump decides to make them public.

Forum List

Back