If Donald Trump Weren't Running Do You Think DeSantis Would Run Instead?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I think so because I think he's the only reason why DeSantis is saying he won't run. However, as good as Trump is I think he could actually legitimately beat him if he did decide to run. Trump is most definitely going to run again though so good luck to him. :)

DeSantis may still run. He'd probably get my vote over DT because I haven't seen him make numerous mistakes like DT continues to do.
I'll take DT's policies but with someone who can tell a back stabbing RINO like McCarthy from someone who isn't a UNiparty tool.
DT has made so many mistakes like this but maybe it's a lesser of two weasels type thing this time

I think so because I think he's the only reason why DeSantis is saying he won't run. However, as good as Trump is I think he could actually legitimately beat him if he did decide to run. Trump is most definitely going to run again though so good luck to him. :)

We have no idea where DeSantis stands on many foreign or domestic issues. He could be another Bush for all we know. So saying he could beat Trump is BS.

A key decision would be DeSantis' wife's health. If she can remain cancer-free, that would be great. Else, he would need to spend more quality time with her and not have to do the extensive travel a Presidential candidate needs to do.

DeSantis is going to run. Count on it. He knows Trump is weak. And he knows Trump will lose.

It will be a LOT of fun watching!

Seems like it's pretty easy to miss your moment in politics. So I'd imagine DeSantis WANTS to run.

What would be even MORE interesting to me is if Pence runs against Trump. THAT would be fun to watch.

I don't know how Pence thinks he has a ghost of a chance, though. He sure seems to think so.

he may run on Trumps ticket as VP .

I don't think so. If Trump had never entered the political scene, its unlikely that DeSantis would even be governor right now and wouldn't be in a position to run for President.

The Republicans would probably be looking to renominate Jeb or Mitt or someone else to get their asses kicked in 2024, but to get kicked "respectably".

DeSanits will run regardless of what Trump does.

he may run on Trumps ticket as VP .

no way Trump would put him on the ticket and now way DeSanits would do it. they both like the spot light too much. Trump will only pick a "yes man". He will not pick anyone with a brain and a backbone

DeSantis may be manuevering for the VP slot, or Speaker if the GOP doesn't manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory re House seats and Senate seats, a real possibility. Ignoring their sociopath fringe and going for the indie votes is best.

Forum List

Back