If God's Flood was only a regional flood...

Where does it say in the bible that some reincarnate?
John the Baptist as Elijah is the clearest biblical statement of reincarnation.
Apparently not, "the Bible is quite clear that John the Baptist is called “Elijah” because he came in the “spirit and power of Elijah” (Luke 1:17), not because he was Elijah in a literal sense."

The spirit of a person is the person. The spirit and power of elijah in John is elijah himself reincarnated in another body with a new name.

When you are ready to speak for yourself instead of cutting and pasting ideas that are not your own we can talk about more important things.
He came in the “spirit and power of Elijah” (Luke 1:17), it says nothing about reincarnation, it's talking about "in the spirit of", which isn't the same thing.

Thats just shows how much you don't know.

The spirit of a person is the person.
No, it ;ile if i say, i"m going to box in the spirit of Ali, it doesn't mean I AM Ali, just that I'll try to emulate his fighting spirit.

John the Baptist as Elijah is the clearest biblical statement of reincarnation.
Apparently not, "the Bible is quite clear that John the Baptist is called “Elijah” because he came in the “spirit and power of Elijah” (Luke 1:17), not because he was Elijah in a literal sense."

The spirit of a person is the person. The spirit and power of elijah in John is elijah himself reincarnated in another body with a new name.

When you are ready to speak for yourself instead of cutting and pasting ideas that are not your own we can talk about more important things.
He came in the “spirit and power of Elijah” (Luke 1:17), it says nothing about reincarnation, it's talking about "in the spirit of", which isn't the same thing.

No, it ;ile if i say, i"m going to box in the spirit of Ali, it doesn't mean I AM Ali, just that I'll try to emulate his fighting spirit.

it is a mistake to assume that the authors of scripture held the same meaning and understanding of what constitutes the spirit of a person as someone as, how should I say, stupid as you.

Lets face it, you are citing the opinions of people that you consider religious idiots to try and argue with me about subjects you and they do not understand.

Thats pretty damn stupid.

it is a mistake to assume that the authors of scripture held the same meaning and understanding of what constitutes the spirit of a person as someone as, how should I say, stupid as you.

Lets face it, you are citing the opinions of people that you consider religious idiots to try and argue with me about subjects you and they do not understand.

No, I just showed you that you read it wrong. Which makes you...

Oh piss off.

Read the OT. Elijah was expected to return before the messiah appeared. Not some random guy in the desert trying to emulate elijah, elijah himself.

Everyone on earth who is awaiting the return of Jesus isn't waiting for some random guy to act like Jesus, they are expecting Jesus himself.

What he shuts no man can open, and what he has opened, no man can shut.

There is no substitute for the real deal.. Some things just can't be faked.

Last edited:

Oh piss off.

Read the OT. Elijah was expected to return before the messiah appeared. Not some random guy in the desert trying to emulate elijah, elijah himself.

Everyone on earth who is awaiting the return of Jesus isn't waiting for some random guy to act like Jesus, they are expecting Jesus himself.

There's no proof that Jesus is coming back, anyways, he wouldn't be reincarnated because he is god and god can't die.

Jesus said that John the baptist was the expected reincarnation of Elijah.
Taz isn't Elijah.

taz is living proof that the progressive militant atheists have no intellectual capacity to think about how man lived his life thousands of years ago. taz is a wonderful example of the CSI effect, they think that everything that happened in the past, happened instantly. There was no learning required, man was just born smart, and knew everything. In other words, like most progressives, he is an intellectual cripple.
You couldn't have gotten more wrong if you tried. Not surprisingly.

PS I'm agnostic.
I believe westwall totally pegged you. Agnostics don’t go around arguing against one side like you do. Agnostics seek to understand the basis of belief for each side. You’re no agnostic.
There are many, if any, atheists here to debate with. I'll gladly ask them what proof they have that shows that a god isn't possible. I'd be very interested to know what they base that belief on.
You can’t swing a dead cat without hitting one.

Taz isn't Elijah.

taz is living proof that the progressive militant atheists have no intellectual capacity to think about how man lived his life thousands of years ago. taz is a wonderful example of the CSI effect, they think that everything that happened in the past, happened instantly. There was no learning required, man was just born smart, and knew everything. In other words, like most progressives, he is an intellectual cripple.

PS I'm agnostic.
I believe westwall totally pegged you. Agnostics don’t go around arguing against one side like you do. Agnostics seek to understand the basis of belief for each side. You’re no agnostic.
There are many, if any, atheists here to debate with. I'll gladly ask them what proof they have that shows that a god isn't possible. I'd be very interested to know what they base that belief on.
Then if they want to start a thread... Or you start one and draw some in, then I'll drop by.

Consider it ruled out. While you are at it you can consider reincarnation ruled out too.

Taz isn't Elijah.

Thats obvious.. Maybe he was Balaams ass in another life?

After all some things never change.
She only gets once chance like everyone else.
And you're waisting yours. :lol:
Sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t.

But I understand when I do, own it, learn from it and move on.

You on the other hand are clueless.

Taz isn't Elijah.

I'm clueless because your god won't contact me?

PS I'm agnostic.
Then if they want to start a thread... Or you start one and draw some in, then I'll drop by.
Can you spell rationalization?

Taz isn't Elijah.

I'm clueless because your god won't contact me?
That was a textbook example of an external locus of control.

Consider it ruled out. While you are at it you can consider reincarnation ruled out too.
Why is reincarnation ruled out?
Because you are wrong about everything.
You just agree with one of my posts about 5 seconds ago (God knows what's in my heart, you don't"). Making YOU wrong. Again.
Since you don’t believe God exists, let alone the God of the Bible, you don’t believe that God knows what is in your heart so there is no agreement between us.

Do you even logic?
I'm agnostic, if there's a god who gives a shit, it'll know what's in my heart.
And that should scare the hell out of you.

Why is reincarnation ruled out?
You just agree with one of my posts about 5 seconds ago (God knows what's in my heart, you don't"). Making YOU wrong. Again.
Since you don’t believe God exists, let alone the God of the Bible, you don’t believe that God knows what is in your heart so there is no agreement between us.

Do you even logic?
No, it only scares the shit out of you.

Oh piss off.

There's no proof that Jesus is coming back, anyways, he wouldn't be reincarnated because he is god and god can't die.
He is fully human and fully God and did suffer death.

Oh piss off.

So now he's a zombie, he can't die now unless you shoot his brain off.

Do you even logic?
As it should scare anyone who believed they would face the creator of reality.

Do you even logic?
I'm not afraid to meet the creator of reality, I'm as real as it gets! :biggrin:

Oh piss off.

That just proves that you are incapable of adult conversation.

Oh piss off.

That just proves that you are incapable of adult conversation.
Didn't Jesus rise from the dead?

Just like a zombie.

Do you even logic?
I'm not afraid to meet the creator of reality, I'm as real as it gets! :biggrin:
It’s all fun and games until it’s not. Laughing leads to crying.

Forum List

Back