🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If Obama treated Israel like Reagan did, he’d be impeached

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
As you read each thing that Reagan said and did, stop and imagine Obama saying/doing the same things. For that matter, imagine the Right-Wing defense of each of Reagan's were he POTUS today. This is from Israel's leading newspaper.

If Obama treated Israel like Reagan did, he’d be impeached

Imagine if Israel would launch a successful preemptive strike against a country that is building a nuclear bomb that threatens its very existence, and the American president would describe it as “a tragedy”.

And then, not only would the U.S. administration fail to “stand by its ally”, as Republicans pledged this week, but it would actually lend its hand to a UN Security Council decision that condemns Israel, calls on it to place its nuclear facilities under international supervision and demands that it pay reparations (!) for the damage it had wrought.

And then, to add insult to injury, the U.S. president would impose an embargo on further sales of F-16 aircraft because Israel had “violated its commitment to use the planes only in self-defense”.

Can you imagine the uproar? Can you contemplate the brouhaha? I mean, if Mitt Romney believes that President Obama “threw Israel under the bus” just for suggesting that a peace settlement with Israel be based on the 1967 borders - what would he say about a president who actually turns his back on Israel in its greatest time of need? That he hurled Israel over the cliff with a live grenade in its pocket and into a burning volcano?

And what if that very same president, only a few months later, would decide to sell truly game-changing sophisticated weaponry to Saudi Arabia, an Arab country that is a sworn enemy of Israel? And not only would this president dismiss Israeli objections that these weapons endanger its security, but he would actually warn, in a manner that sent shivers down the spines of American Jews, that “it is not the business of other nations to make American foreign policy”. And his Secretary of State would mince no words, just in case Walt or Mearsheimer hadn’t heard the first time, saying ominously that if the deal would be blocked by Israeli influence, there would be “serious implications on all American policies in the Middle East... I’ll just leave it there.” And then the two of them would extend the above mentioned arms embargo, just to twist Israel’s arm a little bit more.

I mean, what words would be left to describe such behavior, after the entire thesaurus’ arsenal of synonyms for “insult” “perfidy” and “knife in the back” have been exhausted to describe the official White House photo of President Obama talking to Prime Minister Netanyahu with his shoes on the table?

Maybe a Right-Winger can explain how Reagan was a better friend to Israel, based on these actions?

Now I'm wondering if conservatives will totally ignore this thread rather than having to defend Reagan.

Because, by today's conservative reactions to Obama's treatment of Israel, Reagan is indefensible.

If Israel bombed the Iranian nuclear facility and Obama called it a 'tragedy', how would the Right-Wing react?

oh brother, still trying to compare Obama the thug and Reagan. they need to go back 25 YEARS to try and justify this failure they put in office

just pathetic. Obama will NEVER ever be looked upon as a Reagan so

Sweet, now I'm almost an Obama fan... All I have to do is become a hyper partisan nutter and be ok with the fact that Obama pretty much lied to every single person that voted for him... Not all because the 1%ers got paid back a few times over.

Sweet, now I'm almost an Obama fan... All I have to do is become a hyper partisan nutter and be ok with the fact that Obama pretty much lied to every single person that voted for him... Not all because the 1%ers got paid back a few times over.
Can you address anything in the OP, or is this just a desperate attempt at deflection?

WRMEA Israel Bombs Iraq s Osirak Nuclear Research Facility

Moreover, President Ronald Reagan soon found extenuating circumstances for Israel's conduct. Reagan said: "Israel might have sincerely believed it was a defensive move," adding: "It is difficult for me to envision Israel as being a threat to its neighbors."7 While Washington joined in a unanimous U.N. Security Council resolution "strongly" condemning Israel, privately U.S. officials made it known that the United States would veto any article that called for sanctions against Israel. As a result of this pressure, council Resolution 487 stopped short of imposing sanctions and Israel's aggression was let go with a slap on the wrist. 8

Bobby Inman, the No. 2 man at the Central Intelligence Agency, was less forgiving. He realized that the Israeli warplanes could not have flown to their target without having been guided by aerial photographs supplied by U.S. spy satellites. Under a secret arrangement worked out with Israeli intelligence by Director of Central Intelligence William J. Casey, Israel had been granted access to U.S. satellite photography.9 However, Inman knew that access was to be limited to areas posing potential "direct threats" to Israel, in Inman's words. When he discovered Israel had drawn material on such far-away areas as Iraq, Libya and Pakistan, he made a decision to limit its access to photographs covering areas no farther than 250 miles from Israel's border, thereby reducing Israel's satellite intelligence to its immediate neighbors. 10

Maybe a Right-Winger can explain how Reagan was a better friend to Israel, based on these actions?

Wow dude!! Look at the date on the newspaper: Nisan 24, 5775 You are way ahead of the game in Israel.
On the other hand, why in the freaking hell would we care what a revisionist blogger mumbles about in Israel anyway? Have fun wallowing in your misery.

If Israel bombed the Iranian nuclear facility and Obama called for reparations, how would the Right-Wing react?

You know it's getting harder for the Obama cult followers to spin for him anymore. they have to go all the WAY back to Reagan

sad and pathetic. I'd be embarrassed

The OP is BS...............Reagan made sure the attack on Iraq ended with nothing more than a slap on the wrist for Israel.

And they used U.S. aircraft, and U.S. Satellites to do so...................

Reagan supported Israel.................had their back.............while the Chump in charge now threatens to shoot down IDF aircraft if they attack Nuclear Sites in Iran.

:eusa_hand::eusa_hand::eusa_hand:

If Israel bombed the Iranian nuclear facility and Obama called for reparations, how would the Right-Wing react?
Tell him to go hump a tree...................we don't agree....................Hell many of us are saying take the damned sites ourselves.............

Again, BS OP and Obama has no deal............If he does get a deal the Iranians will violate it.

You know it's getting harder for the Obama cult followers to spin for him anymore. they have to go all the WAY back to Reagan

sad and pathetic. I'd be embarrassed
They are terrified of Reagan. Now, since Rep candidates talk about Reagonomics, they started a concentrated effort to discredit Reagan, thus take the wind out of the sail of those who embrace Reagan's policies. Goo duck with that. There are a lot of Democrats who remember the economic boost of the Reagan era.

Reagan called it a 'tragedy' that Israel bombed the Iranian facility.

Agree or disagree with Reagan?

oh brother, still trying to compare Obama the thug and Reagan. they need to go back 25 YEARS to try and justify this failure they put in office

just pathetic. Obama will NEVER ever be looked upon as a Reagan so
You a Reagan fan, Stephanie?

Forum List

Back