🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If Obama treated Israel like Reagan did, he’d be impeached

The Reagan administration maintained military aid to Israel, and the latter was involved in the Iran-Contra Affair.

The OP is BS...............Reagan made sure the attack on Iraq ended with nothing more than a slap on the wrist for Israel.

It struck me as something like this: "Officially, I condemn the attack! Unofficially...nice shooting." And possibly: "Also unofficially, I would have really appreciated knowing about it the day before it happened."
Ahh, Reagan as dishonest with the American people.

That's a nice angle!

the country was united with RR, as seen in his record setting landslide of a re-election
Then they found out that his administration was one of the most criminal in history. How many indictments? How many convictions?
4i6Ckte.gif

As you read each thing that Reagan said and did, stop and imagine Obama saying/doing the same things. For that matter, imagine the Right-Wing defense of each of Reagan's were he POTUS today. This is from Israel's leading newspaper.

If Obama treated Israel like Reagan did, he’d be impeached

Imagine if Israel would launch a successful preemptive strike against a country that is building a nuclear bomb that threatens its very existence, and the American president would describe it as “a tragedy”.

And then, not only would the U.S. administration fail to “stand by its ally”, as Republicans pledged this week, but it would actually lend its hand to a UN Security Council decision that condemns Israel, calls on it to place its nuclear facilities under international supervision and demands that it pay reparations (!) for the damage it had wrought.

And then, to add insult to injury, the U.S. president would impose an embargo on further sales of F-16 aircraft because Israel had “violated its commitment to use the planes only in self-defense”.

Can you imagine the uproar? Can you contemplate the brouhaha? I mean, if Mitt Romney believes that President Obama “threw Israel under the bus” just for suggesting that a peace settlement with Israel be based on the 1967 borders - what would he say about a president who actually turns his back on Israel in its greatest time of need? That he hurled Israel over the cliff with a live grenade in its pocket and into a burning volcano?

And what if that very same president, only a few months later, would decide to sell truly game-changing sophisticated weaponry to Saudi Arabia, an Arab country that is a sworn enemy of Israel? And not only would this president dismiss Israeli objections that these weapons endanger its security, but he would actually warn, in a manner that sent shivers down the spines of American Jews, that “it is not the business of other nations to make American foreign policy”. And his Secretary of State would mince no words, just in case Walt or Mearsheimer hadn’t heard the first time, saying ominously that if the deal would be blocked by Israeli influence, there would be “serious implications on all American policies in the Middle East... I’ll just leave it there.” And then the two of them would extend the above mentioned arms embargo, just to twist Israel’s arm a little bit more.

I mean, what words would be left to describe such behavior, after the entire thesaurus’ arsenal of synonyms for “insult” “perfidy” and “knife in the back” have been exhausted to describe the official White House photo of President Obama talking to Prime Minister Netanyahu with his shoes on the table?

Every bit of this is historically completely accurate. And there is more:

"But wait, I’m not finished yet. So where does this president insist on going, despite overwhelming Jewish objections and an emotional last-minute appeal by Elie Wiesel in the name of Holocaust survivors? To lay a wreath at a ceremony commemorating the memory of the soldiers of the Waffen SS, a Nazi unit designated as a criminal organization at the Nuremberg trials, whose soldiers committed countless war crimes, including the razing of the Warsaw Ghetto, and murdered hundreds of thousands of Jews. And what does this president, this American idol of Republican conservatives, this righteous gentile of right-wing Jews, what does he have to say about these Nazi war criminals? That “they were victims just as surely as the victims in the concentration camps."

NOW, SERIOUSLY, can you even begin to imagine what mayhem would break out if Obama would say such an insensitive, obtuse and borderline Holocaust-denying sentence? Can you picture the earthquake of rage and the tsunami of venom that would spontaneously and simultaneously erupt and sweep forth all the way from Fox News through Newt Gingrich to Pamela Geller? Is it far-fetched to imagine that America would actually grind to a halt as Republicans frantically sought a constitutional offence with which to impeach Obama and angry multitudes gathered before the White House lawn?

Ah, but Ronald Reagan, obviously, was not Obama, notwithstanding what some of Obama’s advisers once wanted you to believe. Reagan was the Gipper, the Great Communicator, the father of Reaganomics, the scourge of the Evil Empire, the great conservative revivalist who, in retrospect at least, can do no wrong. And he was a mensch, the Jews will add, because no matter what he did to Israel and how often he did it, his heart was always in the right place."

The problem is that RWNJs cannot whitewash Reagan's record. His words and his deeds are there for all to see. No doubt Jroc will find a way to defend Reagan's defense of the Nazis in this case.

But back to Reagan, Israel-hater:

What if Obama was photographed, after Netanyahu's speech, talking to Netanyahu on the phone with his feet up on the Oval Office desk?

How would you wingnuts react? I think we already know.

your only reason for posting this thread is to troll it so you can call people names. and make excuses for your dear Obama. people should shun your stupid threads

For people who call them progressives, all they can ever do is REGRESS. now they've crawled all the way back to Reagan.

Must take the heat off their ugly leader Obama I guess

these type of threads are worthless. troll bait

the country was united with RR, as seen in his record setting landslide of a re-election
Then they found out that his administration was one of the most criminal in history. How many indictments? How many convictions?
4i6Ckte.gif
LOL!
And Clinton? How many witnesses disappeared, fled the country, or admitted they lied to their diaries?
I don't know. How many?
A bunch.
The people convicted under Reagan were generally convicted of doing things after whatever it was they allegedly did. So they didnt commit any crimes, just something less than honest in the investigation.
Clinton committed actual crimes.

A bunch.
The people convicted under Reagan were generally convicted of doing things after whatever it was they allegedly did. So they didnt commit any crimes, just something less than honest in the investigation.

:rofl:

You a so funny when you lie. Are you going to the Stephanie School of the English Language these days?

4i6Ckte.gif
complete leftist fantasy

nothing can compare to fdr, nothing
You remain an ignorant fool:

List of Reagan administration convictions.
Not RR

just like obama, he's not responsible for his underlings

or is it different b/c it's RR(R)?

fool, you just showed your hypocrassy

4i6Ckte.gif
LOL!
And Clinton? How many witnesses disappeared, fled the country, or admitted they lied to their diaries?
I don't know. How many?
A bunch.
False, false, and false.

4i6Ckte.gif
complete leftist fantasy

nothing can compare to fdr, nothing
You remain an ignorant fool:

List of Reagan administration convictions.
Not RR

just like obama, he's not responsible for his underlings

or is it different b/c it's RR(R)?

fool, you just showed your hypocrassy
He's responsible for the people in his administration.

Or does "the buck stops here" only apply to Democrats?

Forum List

Back