If only landowners voted, would we have a welfare state?

You SUCK at being disingenuous

Is that why the US Congress didn't let the first black Congressman take his elected seat ... :dunno:

I mean he was educated.
He had been a commissioned officer in the Union Army.
He had served in the state legislature.
He had served as governor.

Was it just the fact he was a Republican?

Last edited:
Germany and Japan were not part of the United States, douche bag. And no one questions the claim that FDR and Truman slaughtered plenty of Japs and Germans.

So you're arguing that the federal government has no rightful power to put down a domestic insurrection?

lol, good one.
It wasn't an insurrection. The Confederate states seceded from the union.

And that was an insurrection. As soon as they started breaking federal law and seizing federal property and materials they were engaged in a rebellion that Lincoln had every right to put down by force.

Lincoln broke federal law and went against the Constitution.

No he didn't. The confederate states were not part of the Union. They had their own constitution.

Didn't pass history class did you? The confederate states broke away from the union and THEN wrote their own constitution and tried to put their own president in office, separate from the union.

Action speaks louder than words.

Yes they do.

Yet you are repeatedly talking about robing Peter to pay Paul.

Paul is hungry. Peter is not.

You would rather Paul die quietly.

What you're saying is that you wouldn't lift a finger to help Paul unless someone holds a gun on your head.

That's not at all what I said, dope.
That is the premise underlying your statement. Otherwise, why would Paul die if you didn't rob Peter?

Of course he did. Who gave orders to the Union Army to invade Virginia?

We slaughtered a lot of Japanese and Germans too, years later. So it goes.
Germany and Japan were not part of the United States, douche bag. And no one questions the claim that FDR and Truman slaughtered plenty of Japs and Germans.

So you're arguing that the federal government has no rightful power to put down a domestic insurrection?

lol, good one.

And that was an insurrection. As soon as they started breaking federal law and seizing federal property and materials they were engaged in a rebellion that Lincoln had every right to put down by force.
Wrong. Secession is not insurrection. The minute they seceded federal law no longer applied.

I dont think we would. At least, not much of one.
Weak people vote for policies for the weak because they have no skin in the game. Doesnt that make sense?
Im not saying i want to go back to just land owners voting. Im just saying we should have kept it that way :D

Sure we would. Just look at the Romans. Only the wealthy could vote but they had a very robust welfare state. It kept the braying masses at bay, and allowed the ruling elite to feather their nests with ever more power and ever more wealth. Pompeii has signs that show the same families in politics for generations. The small fry had no prayer up against that level of corruption. That is what the modern progressives want for us as well.

They want all the power and wealth and they want you to watch your TV and shut the hell up.

The Little Red Hen
In the tale, the little red hen finds a grain of wheat and asks for help from the other farmyard animals (most adaptations feature three animals, a pig, a cat, and a rat, duck, goose, dog, or goat[1]) to plant it, but they all disagree.

At each later stage (harvest, threshing, milling the wheat into flour, and baking the flour into bread), the hen again asks for help from the other animals, but again she doesn't receive any help.

Finally, the hen has completed her task and asks who will help her eat the bread. This time, all the previous non-participants eagerly volunteer, but she disagrees with them, stating that no one helped her with her work. Thus, the hen eats it with her chicks, leaving none for anyone else.

The moral of this story is that those who make no contribution to producing a product do not deserve to enjoy the product: "if any would not work, neither should he eat."[2]

Yes, but life is more complex than a farmyard. That's the problem we have right now. Our president is almost as intelligent as a little red hen, and thinks quick bumper sticker solutions will solve all our problems. He's an idiot.

Having problem understanding such simple concept as farmyard, speaks much about intelligence.

Having problem understanding farmyard nursery stories are not a reasonable rout to running our country, speaks much about intelligence

The concept is much more reasonable than one you're routing for: "from each according to his ability, to each according to his needs".

Perhaps you are thinking about how that idea was advanced in the bible.
Acts 4:32-35 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

How or why did you sneak the Bible into this conversation? Irrelevant.

lol, good one.

Lincoln broke federal law and went against the Constitution.

No he didn't. The confederate states were not part of the Union. They had their own constitution.

Didn't pass history class did you? The confederate states broke away from the union and THEN wrote their own constitution and tried to put their own president in office, separate from the union.
Yeah? So what did you say that contradicted what he said?

Yes they do.

What you're saying is that you wouldn't lift a finger to help Paul unless someone holds a gun on your head.

That is the premise underlying your statement. Otherwise, why would Paul die if you didn't rob Peter?

He needs dying Paul to justify robbing of Peter. In reality, Paul never asked for help.

After robbing Peter, Hutch spent money elsewhere and Paul never received promised help.

Acts 4:32-35 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

In any case ... That part comes right after the part that states His servants shall be allowed to speak freely in their witness.
Add a few things about stretched out hands and doing some healing in the name of the Holy Spirit.
Then they prayed in public filling everyone with the Holy Spirit and the word of God ...

You see ... That's what led to all the property selling and giving unto those in need ... Not necessarily the Progressive platform after all.
As usual ... They just want the cake ... It isn't necessary they do any of the baking.

Last edited:

He needs dying Paul to justify robbing of Peter. In reality, Paul never asked for help.

After robbing Peter, Hutch spent money elsewhere and Paul never received promised help.
We're actually talking about Juan, not Paul, and Peter got robbed to make life easier for Juan after hr crossed the border illegally.

In any case ... That part comes right after the part that states His servants shall be allowed to speak freely in their witness.
Add a few things about stretched out hands and doing some healing in the name of the Holy Spirit.
Then they prayed in public filling everyone with the Holy Spirit and the word of God ...

You see ... That's what led to all the property selling and giving unto those in need ... Not necessarily the Progressive platform after all.

Can you point to where is saying forcing to sell, or taxing, or taking away? ... which is progressive platform in general.

Can you point to where is saying forcing to sell, or taxing, or taking away? ... which is progressive platform in general.

It doesn't ... It says everyone decided to do that after they prayed in public and shared the Holy Spirit.
I may be wrong about Bulldog ... But most Progressives really don't support public prayer.

To pull the passage from the text to get free crap ... Without acknowledging why they did it ... Was pretty self-serving at the best.
The fact it specifically states freely bearing witness and praying in public ... Kind of ties to our times as well.

Weak people vote for policies for the weak because they have no skin in the game. Doesnt that make sense?
Im not saying i want to go back to just land owners voting. Im just saying we should have kept it that way :D
No, and you probably wouldn't have property taxes.
why no property taxes?
If landowners were the only voters, they would not be voting for property taxes in lieu of other taxes. A good tax is a tax someone else pays.

Interesting point. The founding fathers did set it up that way.

Was it really a good idea to give people who cramp and have crazy mood swings once a month the ability to vote?

:tomato::tomato::tomato::tomato::tomato:

That could be easily solved by having requirement to enlist for draft as a condition to vote. If not enlisted, the requirement would be to pay taxes.

I probably should have deleted that within the time frame. :rolleyes:

It was meant to draw ire.

It sounded like that.

Speaking of drawing ire, let Islam take over, the above problem would be solved in no time. :D

No, and you probably wouldn't have property taxes.
why no property taxes?
If landowners were the only voters, they would not be voting for property taxes in lieu of other taxes. A good tax is a tax someone else pays.
You mean like the income tax?

It doesn't ... It says everyone decided to do that after they prayed in public and shared the Holy Spirit.
I may be wrong about Bulldog ... But most Progressives really don't support public prayer.

To pull the passage from the text to get free crap ... Without acknowledging why they did it ... Was pretty self-serving at the best.
The fact it specifically states freely bearing witness and praying in public ... Kind of ties to our times as well.

Since I am agnostic, I do not generally get involved in analyzing Bible from religious standpoint, rather from philosophical. Therefore, all I intended to say in previous post, it was voluntary.

I would support a requirement that you at least paid %1 of income in taxes to qualify to vote, but then again I oppose income taxes.

I also oppose property taxes. That's rent.

Fundamentally I'm a rational anarchist, but I have to accept the fact most people are sheep and have to be lorded over so they are told where to eat and where to shit so that they don't do it in the same place.

We have to have shepherds whether I like the bastards or not so as the dog who has to be fed I reckon our rewards have to be taxed. The sheep have to be sheared, the wolves have to be killed or kept at bay. If you produce nothing, you should have no vote.

I'd like to see term limits for all elected officials in the USA. It would help ALOT.

We wouldn't have Pelosi or Schumer, McConnell or mcCain.

I would support a requirement that you at least paid %1 of income in taxes to qualify to vote, but then again I oppose income taxes.

I also oppose property taxes. That's rent.

Fundamentally I'm a rational anarchist, but I have to accept the fact most people are sheep and have to be lorded over so they are told where to eat and where to shit so that they don't do it in the same place.

We have to have shepherds whether I like the bastards or not so as the dog who has to be fed I reckon our rewards have to be taxed. The sheep have to be sheared, the wolves have to be killed or kept at bay. If you produce nothing, you should have no vote.
Our founders would flip the fuck out that, despite sales and property taxes, we also have an income tax.
Some of the country is getting taxed at around 40 percent while some get taxed at 0, if not negative.
All to pay for an unconstitutional, bloated government.
Sad

Forum List

Back