If the Dem's get 51 Senate Seats will they invoke US vs Ballin to change filibuster rule!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
The 60 vote filibuster rule is a senate rule that essentially allows a senator to delay a vote on bill indefinitely. A 3/5 (60) vote can end the filibuster. It has been a thorn in both parties' sides for decades since a 60 vote majority is hard to come by.

Nevertheless US vs Ballin dictates that only a simple majority is required to change senate rules. Could the senate use this ruling to get rid of the filibuster? The public on both ends of the isle seem to hate filibusters.

If Hiliary wants to get anything done she will need the filibuster ended and simple majority rule. As she is the most corrupt person to run for office I can see it happening.

Dem's are lying lowlife scum I wouldn't put anything past them. At the same time these GOP establishment hack cowards are happy to spread their legs and let the Dem's repeatedly kick them in the balls so there's that.

It should take 80 votes to pass a bill in the senate. If the bill is so great and beneficial to the people then there should be no problem gathering plenty of votes to pass it.

Dem's are lying lowlife scum I wouldn't put anything past them. At the same time these GOP establishment hack cowards are happy to spread their legs and let the Dem's repeatedly kick them in the balls so there's that.

It wouldn't be an illegitimate move. The Ballin precedence has been around since the late 1800s.

However the filibuster is the real injustice. I would get pissed when it is used against GOP. I would welcome it being done away with. However it would have been better with a conservative majority in the House and Senate.

It should take 80 votes to pass a bill in the senate. If the bill is so great and beneficial to the people then there should be no problem gathering plenty of votes to pass it.

Lol a bill like that would include so much pork and billshit would be anything but great.

In reality I think the senate should be disbanded and we should only have a house.

It wouldn't be an illegitimate move. The Ballin precedence has been around since the late 1800s.

However the filibuster is the real injustice. I would get pissed when it is used against GOP. I would welcome it being done away with. However it would have been better with a conservative majority in the House and Senate.

If congress has to brawl and fight to pass something I'm fine with that. Change is supposed to be difficult, by design. A simple majority rules would result in wild swings in policy and chaos. These idiots in congress already FUBAR just about everything they touch.

Forum List

Back