If The Economy Is Bad, There Is No Need To Lie About It, David Brooks

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"David Brooks is getting absolutely roasted over a picture of a burger. It all began on Wednesday evening when Brooks, a political columnist for The New York Times, shared a photo of his meal at Newark Airport on X, formerly known as Twitter: Brooks claimed that the burger, fries, and liquor cost him $78—a clear sign of why “Americans think the economy is terrible. It didn’t take long, however, for the internet to pounce on Brooks for the sheer impossibility of the price that he’d suggested.

Soon, the Newark Airport restaurant was identified—and a small disclaimer appeared beneath Brooks’s original post with a link to the menu from the restaurant. The reader context noted: “Based on the similar table, glass, chair, sheet and cut of fries, this is the Smokehouse Restaurant in Newark Airport Terminal A. The burger and fries cost $17.”

Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 7.03.48 AM.png

You know it's bad when you lie so over-the-top that even Elon's Twitter has to fact check you. This couldn't have happened to a more insufferable prick than David Brooks. We get it, the economy is the worst economy ever in the history of the world (even tho consumer spending keeps going up) - which is why airports and hotels are basically empty at this point; nobody is going on vacations, nobody is really doing anything because the economy is in shambles due to Biden's inflation....However, to make this point, you don't have to lie about it; because it makes the rest of your criticisms look like entirely made up bullshit.

Also, why is David Brooks complaining about a $78 tab when all of it was expensed back to his employer; and....damn near 60 bucks of it went towards getting shitfaced and almost none of it went towards a tip. The economy is in shambles remember? The service industry is on the brink of collapse; and you can't even tip anyone? Thanks Obama

(even tho consumer spending keeps going up)

To note, people have little choice in spending going up. Prices rise, they have to spend more.

There is no need to lie about the economy other than "winning". Our economy hasn't been good for a very long time.

To me it really went downhill when McCain and Romney rushed back to D.C. to help Bush bail out Wall Street.

"David Brooks is getting absolutely roasted over a picture of a burger. It all began on Wednesday evening when Brooks, a political columnist for The New York Times, shared a photo of his meal at Newark Airport on X, formerly known as Twitter: Brooks claimed that the burger, fries, and liquor cost him $78—a clear sign of why “Americans think the economy is terrible. It didn’t take long, however, for the internet to pounce on Brooks for the sheer impossibility of the price that he’d suggested.

Soon, the Newark Airport restaurant was identified—and a small disclaimer appeared beneath Brooks’s original post with a link to the menu from the restaurant. The reader context noted: “Based on the similar table, glass, chair, sheet and cut of fries, this is the Smokehouse Restaurant in Newark Airport Terminal A. The burger and fries cost $17.”

View attachment 832579

You know it's bad when you lie so over-the-top that even Elon's Twitter has to fact check you. This couldn't have happened to a more insufferable prick than David Brooks. We get it, the economy is the worst economy ever in the history of the world (even tho consumer spending keeps going up) - which is why airports and hotels are basically empty at this point; nobody is going on vacations, nobody is really doing anything because the economy is in shambles due to Biden's inflation....However, to make this point, you don't have to lie about it; because it makes the rest of your criticisms look like entirely made up bullshit.

Also, why is David Brooks complaining about a $78 tab when all of it was expensed back to his employer; and....damn near 60 bucks of it went towards getting shitfaced and almost none of it went towards a tip. The economy is in shambles remember? The service industry is on the brink of collapse; and you can't even tip anyone? Thanks Obama
hmmmm....i'm getting 30% tip out of these numbers.........you liberals are so god damned cheap and fucking demanding at restaurants.......just want to slap you son of a bitches across the faces

30% tip.....lol...........imbecile

i wish slavery never happened and you would not exist....now go report me cuck faggot

To note, people have little choice in spending going up. Prices rise, they have to spend more.

There is no need to lie about the economy other than "winning". Our economy hasn't been good for a very long time.

To me it really went downhill when McCain and Romney rushed back to D.C. to help Bush bail out Wall Street.
yeah that 1.7% inflation, 2 buck gas and 3% interest rates were fucking horrible..........................lololol........you assholes ruined the economy....................i know you are the only sibling of 5 that survived the birth canal...but sheeezzzzz

hmmmm....i'm getting 30% tip out of these numbers.........you liberals are so god damned cheap and fucking demanding at restaurants.......just want to slap you son of a bitches across the faces

i wish slavery never happened and you would not exist....now go report me cuck faggot
Did you forget that "cuck" is an insult republicans use on each other?

The bill has already been broken down by the restaurant....cry more

And David Brooks hasn't tweeted a thing since......I guess he is waiting for dic suckers like you to come to his defense.....

Did you forget that "cuck" is an insult republicans use on each other?
It's weird how upsets he gets by me pointing out another Republican face-plant

I bet you he doesn't even like David Brooks; but he won't stand for some "black darkie" making fun of him!

People without discretionary income to spend, ain't taking trips, ain't going to theme parks, ain't buying that new PS5, etc, etc

The wage stagnation coupled with the rising cost of living has been a thing for the last 40 years......Biden didn't cause it, he can only slightly mitigate it for the better, or make it a little worse...and Trump isn't the savior who will fix it either....

damn I wish I could afford a $78 lunch with tons of gummies ( I don't drink) This dude is doing pretty good himself in our terrible economy. That's a grocery bill at the store for those who are really strapped.

View attachment 832579

Hey Biff, Brooks is one of the guilt-ridden white libs who is on your side

Hey Biff, Brooks is one of the guilt-ridden white libs who is on your side
Lol @ Brooks is a liberal

This is what I mean when I call right-wingers morons

Brooks is a republican who props up pathetic right-wingers by claiming "both sides are the problem" -- while parroting every right-wing talking point around

Lol @ Brooks is a liberal

This is what I mean when I call right-wingers morons

Brooks is a republican who props up pathetic right-wingers by claiming "both sides are the problem" -- while parroting every right-wing talking point around
Brooks is a lib

Maybe slightly less lib than you

But the difference is pretty small

Brooks is a lib

Maybe slightly less lib than you

But the difference is pretty small
Please tell me a single elected Democrat that David Brooks has endorsed and wrote puff pieces about?

I'll wait....

I can tell you about plenty of Republicans tho.....

Like him sucking off Little Marco Rubio and claiming he is the second coming of Reagan...

"The amazing surge for Marco Rubio shows that the Republican electorate has not gone collectively insane - a lot of Republicans showed up to support a conservative who could conceivably get elected and govern. Marco Rubio now has his moment. He is the only candidate who can plausibly unify the party. "

Typical liberal, gushing over how great Marco Rubio is...

And before that, it was him sucking off Paul Ryan

"The country lacked that leadership until today. Tuesday, Paul Ryan, the Republican chairman of the House Budget Committee, released the most comprehensive and most courageous budget reform proposal any of us have seen in our lifetimes."

Yup, typical liberal, gushing over Paul Ryan's tax cuts.....I swear you are a moron...

yeah that 1.7% inflation, 2 buck gas and 3% interest rates were fucking horrible..........................lololol........you assholes ruined the economy....................i know you are the only sibling of 5 that survived the birth canal...but sheeezzzzz

If the economy had been good the Fed wouldn't have still been printing billions and billions of dollars to prop it up.

Please tell me a single elected Democrat that David Brooks has endorsed and wrote puff pieces about?

I'll wait....

I can tell you about plenty of Republicans tho.....

Like him sucking off Little Marco Rubio and claiming he is the second coming of Reagan...

"The amazing surge for Marco Rubio shows that the Republican electorate has not gone collectively insane - a lot of Republicans showed up to support a conservative who could conceivably get elected and govern. Marco Rubio now has his moment. He is the only candidate who can plausibly unify the party. "

Typical liberal, gushing over how great Marco Rubio is...

And before that, it was him sucking off Paul Ryan

"The country lacked that leadership until today. Tuesday, Paul Ryan, the Republican chairman of the House Budget Committee, released the most comprehensive and most courageous budget reform proposal any of us have seen in our lifetimes."

Yup, typical liberal, gushing over Paul Ryan's tax cuts.....I swear you are a moron...
Brooks is the NYT token republican

For the most part he talks down to conservatives

Forum List

Back