If walls won't work...why do so many secure places have walls???

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither. Wait... something bad happened two thousand miles away? WALLS!!! WE NEED MORE WALLS!!!

Fucking retards.

Folks....I had to take a drive out towards the north part of town today and passed by the Charleston Air Force Base. It had walls all around it. So does the Charleston jail.

I jog our beautiful downtown bridge often and it overlooks historic Charleston harbor. The harbor the real pirate Blackbeard blockaded. And it contains Fort Sumter....massive island fort in the middle of the harbor. Huge walls.

Can't help but wonder.....why do places that want to be secure almost all have walls? And why do liberals oppose America having walls?

And these walls are a thousand miles long and 35 feet high and run along rivers and private property and places with no roads that would allow building material access and no maintenance --- right?

/thread

--------------------------------------------- do some research on the Alaska highway built in the 30s and early 40s while the USA fought 2 wars on 2 fronts . Usa went through forests , rivers , lake , swamps , perma frost to build that and all the time used 30s and early 40s equipment and techniques Pogo . Highway was 1700 miles long and was built in sweltering summer weather and 50 below zero winter weather Pogo !! There were no delivery roads unless the equipment delivery roads were built by the Highway builders Pogo .

Try actually reading the post or actually watching the video Pismoe. Nowhere does either one of us say it "can't" be done; the point is what it takes to do it in ---- and this is the important part --- THE WORLD OF REALITY. As opposed to the WWE fantasy comic book that Rumpbots seem to live in.

Absolute minimum 25 billion, without including maintenance, which doubles that figure within seven years. Empty your pockets. And this for a symbolic campaign pander that doesn't even address the issue anyway. Good thinkin'.

---------------------------------------------------- here you go Pogo , --- What it would take to build Trump's border wall - CNN Video ---

What would it take to get over that wall?

telesteps_1600et_16_military_tactical_extension_ladder_1149637.jpg

Folks....I had to take a drive out towards the north part of town today and passed by the Charleston Air Force Base. It had walls all around it. So does the Charleston jail.

I jog our beautiful downtown bridge often and it overlooks historic Charleston harbor. The harbor the real pirate Blackbeard blockaded. And it contains Fort Sumter....massive island fort in the middle of the harbor. Huge walls.

Can't help but wonder.....why do places that want to be secure almost all have walls? And why do liberals oppose America having walls?

And these walls are a thousand miles long and 35 feet high and run along rivers and private property and places with no roads that would allow building material access and no maintenance --- right?

/thread

--------------------------------------------- do some research on the Alaska highway built in the 30s and early 40s while the USA fought 2 wars on 2 fronts . Usa went through forests , rivers , lake , swamps , perma frost to build that and all the time used 30s and early 40s equipment and techniques Pogo . Highway was 1700 miles long and was built in sweltering summer weather and 50 below zero winter weather Pogo !! There were no delivery roads unless the equipment delivery roads were built by the Highway builders Pogo .

Try actually reading the post or actually watching the video Pismoe. Nowhere does either one of us say it "can't" be done; the point is what it takes to do it in ---- and this is the important part --- THE WORLD OF REALITY. As opposed to the WWE fantasy comic book that Rumpbots seem to live in.

Absolute minimum 25 billion, without including maintenance, which doubles that figure within seven years. Empty your pockets. And this for a symbolic campaign pander that doesn't even address the issue anyway. Good thinkin'.

---------------------------------------------------- here you go Pogo , --- What it would take to build Trump's border wall - CNN Video ---

Not sure why I should watch your video since you obviously didn't watch mine. And I put mine up first.

Nevertheless your video points out I understated the length of the wall (it's closer to 2000 miles than 1000) and confirms that the cost of the material ALONE is over ten billion.

That's not counting the labor. Including the labor to build the foundation.

OR the labor to built the roads to get trucks in there to deliver them where no roads exist.

Nor
is it counting any maintenance, which again, doubles the cost within 7 years.

Nor does it even mention environmental costs/delays, eminent domain suits, or the illegality of changing/disrupting the flows of rivers.

NOR does it address the fact that Mexico is not putting up 25 billion every seven years just because some orange baboon declares they will.

Hey, why don't we just plant money and pizza trees, and then we'd all have all the money we want and all the pizza we could eat and we'd all live happily ever after, world without end, amen.

Gotta wonder what summa y'all are inhaling this time of day.

/thread

As somebody else said, when you build a 20-foot wall, what you do is create a market for 21-foot ladders.

Rump himself followed up by noting "if they do get up there, they don't have a way to come down" to which he quickly and characteristically contradicted himself, "maybe a rope".

shoot-foot.gif

Imagine that -- the Great Rump Wall, outsmarted by an invention that's been around for ten thousand years.

/thread

Not sure why I should watch your video since you obviously didn't watch mine. And I put mine up first.

Nevertheless your video points out I understated the length of the wall (it's closer to 2000 miles than 1000) and confirms that the cost of the material ALONE is over ten billion.

OR the labor to built the roads to get trucks in there to deliver them where no roads exist.

Nor

Nor does it even mention environmental costs/delays, eminent domain suits, or the illegality of changing/disrupting the flows of rivers.

NOR does it address the fact that Mexico is not putting up 25 billion every seven years just because some orange baboon declares they will.

Hey, why don't we just plant money and pizza trees, and then we'd all have all the money we want and all the pizza we could eat and we'd all live happily ever after, world without end, amen.

Did you tell Pismoe about the free waffle iron for watching the video?

/thread

As somebody else said, when you build a 20-foot wall, what you do is create a market for 21-foot ladders.

Rump himself followed up by noting "if they do get up there, they don't have a way to come down" to which he quickly and characteristically contradicted himself, "maybe a rope".

shoot-foot.gif

Imagine that -- the Great Rump Wall, outsmarted by an invention that's been around for ten thousand years.

I have a new invention for Trump supporters.

noose.jpg

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither. Wait... something bad happened two thousand miles away? WALLS!!! WE NEED MORE WALLS!!!

Fucking retards.
We aren't sacrificing OUR liberty even if we close our borders, you dumbass. Keeping criminals and terrorists OUT isn't "sacrificing liberty". And in fact, allowing them in, only to increase restrictions on CITIZENS (think check points, gun control, etc) to keep them *safe* from the criminals flooding our borders, is SACRIFICING LIBERTY.

God you people are stupid.

Fucking retards.
We aren't sacrificing OUR liberty even if we close our borders, you dumbass. Keeping criminals and terrorists OUT isn't "sacrificing liberty". And in fact, allowing them in, only to increase restrictions on CITIZENS (think check points, gun control, etc) to keep them *safe* from the criminals flooding our borders, is SACRIFICING LIBERTY.

What makes you idiots think that the same wall you want built to keep brown people out won't someday ending up being the same wall used to keep you in?

/thread

Nor

Did you tell Pismoe about the free waffle iron for watching the video?

Ssshh---- that's the secret reward .... :eusa_shhh:

/thread

so you are comparing a countries walls, to a small properties walls? And you like to talk about fallacies..lol

/thread

John Oliver should be deported.

---- For?

>> Under certain conditions, permanent residence status can be lost involuntarily.[67] This includes committing a criminal act that makes a person removable from the United States. A person might also be found to have abandoned his/her status if he or she moves to another country to live there permanently, stays outside the USA for more than 365 days (without getting a re-entry permit before leaving),[68] or does not file an income tax return on their worldwide income. Permanent resident status can also be lost if it is found that the application or grounds for obtaining permanent residence was fraudulent. << (Wiki)
You can trump up, pun intended, bogus reasons to deport anybody, but you can't deport the facts.
That must suck huh? :itsok:

Do you mean that sort of rope?

Fucking retards.

What makes you idiots think that the same wall you want built to keep brown people out won't someday ending up being the same wall used to keep you in?

Oh, the rhetorical argument. The last bastion of brain dead dolts everywhere. You can't make your argument, so you instead argue something that has nothing to do with anything.

Again. Building a wall to keep criminal non citizens OUT doesn't sacrifice American liberty.

When someone proposes we build a wall to keep people in, we can have this discussion.

And something else..the fact that we don't have a wall makes it easier for idiots like you to get away with setting up illegal check points between states and engage in widespread violations of the fourth amendment. The argument is, "well all these horrible criminals come in, so we have good cause to harass, bust down doors, deny the right to bear arms, monitor travel, and impede free movement of our citizens! Cuz maybe they're muslim terrorists!!!"

In other words, you're a perfect authoritarian tool, moron.

And also a racist, it appears. You do realize my kids and grandkids are those "brown people" you're disparaging, right?

/thread

so you are comparing a countries walls, to a small properties walls? And you like to talk about fallacies..lol

Yep, and I just pointed one out. Thanks for your acute powers of observation.

/thread

You are welcome. God knows someone has to keep you strait..

I know that you're an idiot when it comes to abstinence and a wall.

Over the past 25 years, Congress has spent over $1.5 billion on abstinence-only-until-marriage programs, yet no study in a professional peer-reviewed journal has found these programs to be broadly effective. Scientific evidence simply does not support an abstinence-only-until-marriage approach.

SIECUS - Fact Sheet

Idiot.

Today, though, the influx of Mexican migrants has largely ceased. The number of undocumented Mexican immigrants living in the United States has been declining for eight years, according to the Pew Research Center. More Mexican immigrants have been traveling south across the border, out of the United States, than have been coming north and entering the country.

The huge immigration problem that Donald Trump’s wall won’t solve
There there, I'm sure it is embarrassing to be unable to fathom the similarities between two concepts. Calling me an idiot won't change that. Ah well. You've made your choice. You have given up your mind and replaced it with knee jerk.

The only similarities are that neither work, dipshit.

More Mexicans Leaving Than Coming to the U.S.

Mexicans leaving is not about the wall. Oh. Right. Mixed concepts are difficult for you. So, just call me another name! Now. Log off. Think up another zinger. Log back on.
Name calling and personal attacks are all she ever has.

No, I actually provided links, and fun facts, something you idiots like to ignore.
More name calling. Thanks for confirming.

/thread

Hey, feel free to demonstrate how a wall around an air force base in Charleston South Carolina is somehow the same thing as 2000 miles of wall along river embankments delivered on roads that don't exist that nobody's paying for that costs 25 bil just to put up.

Be the first to essplain that. :popcorn:

And here's a tip: read what's already gone down in the thread before painting yourself into a corner.

/thread

Hey, feel free to demonstrate how a wall around an air force base in Charleston South Carolina is somehow the same thing as 2000 miles of wall along river embankments delivered on roads that don't exist that nobody's paying for that costs 25 bil just to put up.

Be the first to essplain that. :popcorn:

And here's a tip: read what's already gone down in the thread before painting yourself into a corner.

touché pogo. However, he was talking about success rate, no? They obviously work, so why wouldn't a bigger and better wall, not work on the southern border?
I don't support a wall BTW. I wouldn't turn down a free one though lol

Forum List

Back