If walls won't work...why do so many secure places have walls???

Folks....I had to take a drive out towards the north part of town today and passed by the Charleston Air Force Base. It had walls all around it. So does the Charleston jail.

I jog our beautiful downtown bridge often and it overlooks historic Charleston harbor. The harbor the real pirate Blackbeard blockaded. And it contains Fort Sumter....massive island fort in the middle of the harbor. Huge walls.

Can't help but wonder.....why do places that want to be secure almost all have walls? And why do liberals oppose America having walls?

Apple and oranges... dope.

Comparing an 5,200 mile international border to a "place" is idiotic.

And these walls are a thousand miles long and 35 feet high and run along rivers and private property and places with no roads that would allow building material access and no maintenance --- right?

/thread

so you are comparing a countries walls, to a small properties walls? And you like to talk about fallacies..lol

Yep, and I just pointed one out. Thanks for your acute powers of observation.

You are welcome. God knows someone has to keep you strait..

Hey, feel free to demonstrate how a wall around an air force base in Charleston South Carolina is somehow the same thing as 2000 miles of wall along river embankments delivered on roads that don't exist that nobody's paying for that costs 25 bil just to put up.

Be the first to essplain that. :popcorn:

And here's a tip: read what's already gone down in the thread before painting yourself into a corner.

touché pogo. However, he was talking about success rate, no? They obviously work, so why wouldn't a bigger and better wall, not work on the southern border?
I don't support a wall BTW. I wouldn't turn down a free one though lol

I don't know that he was talking about success rates; I do know he was talking apples and orange candidates um, I mean oranges. That he was comparing things that cannot in any way be compared as realities on the sole basis that the same English noun can apply to both. That would be like me claiming the hill in my back yard is the same thing as Mount Mitchell.

If the world worked in such a way that the tooth-fairy buyers seem to think, where Mexico just ups and builds a 25 billion dollar wall because some orange clown hath decreed it, then we'd have a "free" wall. We'd also have money trees and pizza trees and rainbows and unicorns and your house would be made of delicious chocolate with a chewy caramel center. Wanna buy a bridge?

so you are comparing a countries walls, to a small properties walls? And you like to talk about fallacies..lol

Hey, feel free to demonstrate how a wall around an air force base in Charleston South Carolina is somehow the same thing as 2000 miles of wall along river embankments delivered on roads that don't exist that nobody's paying for that costs 25 bil just to put up.

And here's a tip: read what's already gone down in the thread before painting yourself into a corner.
touché pogo. However, he was talking about success rate, no? They obviously work, so why wouldn't a bigger and better wall, not work on the southern border?

I don't know that he was talking about success rates; I do know he was talking apples and orange candidates um, I mean oranges. That he was comparing things that cannot in any way be compared as realities on the sole basis that the same English noun can apply to both. That would be like me claiming the hill in my back yard is the same thing as Mount Mitchell.

If the world worked in such a way that the tooth-fairy buyers seem to think, where Mexico just ups and builds a 25 billion dollar wall because some orange clown hath decreed it, then we'd have a "free" wall. We'd also have money trees and pizza trees and rainbows and unicorns. Wanna buy a bridge?
His argument was that walls obviously work.
Some things Mexico cant control.. Sorry but its reality.

Folks....I had to take a drive out towards the north part of town today and passed by the Charleston Air Force Base. It had walls all around it. So does the Charleston jail.

I jog our beautiful downtown bridge often and it overlooks historic Charleston harbor. The harbor the real pirate Blackbeard blockaded. And it contains Fort Sumter....massive island fort in the middle of the harbor. Huge walls.

Can't help but wonder.....why do places that want to be secure almost all have walls? And why do liberals oppose America having walls?

And these walls are a thousand miles long and 35 feet high and run along rivers and private property and places with no roads that would allow building material access and no maintenance --- right?

/thread

--------------------------------------------- do some research on the Alaska highway built in the 30s and early 40s while the USA fought 2 wars on 2 fronts . Usa went through forests , rivers , lake , swamps , perma frost to build that and all the time used 30s and early 40s equipment and techniques Pogo . Highway was 1700 miles long and was built in sweltering summer weather and 50 below zero winter weather Pogo !! There were no delivery roads unless the equipment delivery roads were built by the Highway builders Pogo .

Try actually reading the post or actually watching the video Pismoe. Nowhere does either one of us say it "can't" be done; the point is what it takes to do it in ---- and this is the important part --- THE WORLD OF REALITY. As opposed to the WWE fantasy comic book that Rumpbots seem to live in.

Absolute minimum 25 billion, without including maintenance, which doubles that figure within seven years. Empty your pockets. And this for a symbolic campaign pander that doesn't even address the issue anyway. Good thinkin'.

---------------------------------------------------- here you go Pogo , --- What it would take to build Trump's border wall - CNN Video ---

Not sure why I should watch your video since you obviously didn't watch mine. And I put mine up first.

Nevertheless your video points out I understated the length of the wall (it's closer to 2000 miles than 1000) and confirms that the cost of the material ALONE is over ten billion.

That's not counting the labor. Including the labor to build the foundation.

OR the labor to built the roads to get trucks in there to deliver them where no roads exist.

Nor
is it counting any maintenance, which again, doubles the cost within 7 years.

Nor does it even mention environmental costs/delays, eminent domain suits, or the illegality of changing/disrupting the flows of rivers.

NOR does it address the fact that Mexico is not putting up 25 billion every seven years just because some orange baboon declares they will.

Hey, why don't we just plant money and pizza trees, and then we'd all have all the money we want and all the pizza we could eat and we'd all live happily ever after, world without end, amen.

Gotta wonder what summa y'all are inhaling this time of day.

Whatever it is, I think Sara Palin got into the stash.

If the world worked in such a way that the tooth-fairy buyers seem to think, where Mexico just ups and builds a 25 billion dollar wall because some orange clown hath decreed it, then we'd have a "free" wall. We'd also have money trees and pizza trees and rainbows and unicorns and your house would be made of delicious chocolate with a chewy caramel center. Wanna buy a bridge?
------------------------------------------------------- what is this silliness that you type Pogo ?? USA will build the wall , goal is for a tax on remittances of money sent back to mexico to pay for the wall . Squeeze mexico or just build the wall and then squeeze third world mexico Pogo .

------------------------------------------------------- what is this silliness that you type Pogo ?? USA will build the wall , goal is for a tax on remittances of money sent back to mexico to pay for the wall . Squeeze mexico or just build the wall and then squeeze third world mexico Pogo .

See what I mean? So childlike, the way some people think the world works.

Be sure to leave that tooth under your pillow tonight.

How much in your taxes being increased is this wall worth to you?

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither. Wait... something bad happened two thousand miles away? WALLS!!! WE NEED MORE WALLS!!!

Fucking retards.
We aren't sacrificing OUR liberty even if we close our borders, you dumbass. Keeping criminals and terrorists OUT isn't "sacrificing liberty". And in fact, allowing them in, only to increase restrictions on CITIZENS (think check points, gun control, etc) to keep them *safe* from the criminals flooding our borders, is SACRIFICING LIBERTY.

God you people are stupid.
------------------------------------------ gov is building a POLICE STATE to keep people / SHEEPLE safe KGirl !

/thread

Easy. Ancient China did it. So you're saying modern America can't do what ancient China did??

As to the private property....I'm no legal expert on curtilage regarding a border like some cities have with roads. But 2 words fix the private property debate: Eminent domain.

You cannot tell me a few farmers on the border can stop the world's lone superpower from securing it's borders can you? (Hint: they cant)

Nice touch, the way you ignored 18 minutes of video and all the salient points except for the two words "private property". As if shutting your eyes real tight and going "la la la" makes the cost of a bare minimum of 25 billion (not including maintenance) go away, makes the course of two rivers go away, makes the necessity of building roads to bring in those materials go away, makes the fact that Mexico ain't no way José paying for a fucking wall go away, and makes the fact that illegals are more derived from air travel and overstaying visas and not scaling a border wall, go away.

You run with that. Let us know if it ever works.

No shit, you asshats that just buy this song and dance hook line and sinker are like children waiting for the freaking tooth fairy.

I'm going to start my own business making ladders, ropes, and shovels.

Aiding and abetting....just like your messiah barry.

/thread

Easy. Ancient China did it. So you're saying modern America can't do what ancient China did??

As to the private property....I'm no legal expert on curtilage regarding a border like some cities have with roads. But 2 words fix the private property debate: Eminent domain.

You cannot tell me a few farmers on the border can stop the world's lone superpower from securing it's borders can you? (Hint: they cant)

Hundreds of thousands of people died creating that "Great Wall" that is useless in modern times.

As far as eminent domain, try telling thousands of Texans that their property rights don't matter because the government said so. Those protesters in Oregon would be proud.

Ranchers on the border are begging the gov to do something about the illegals.

See.....now there you go...causing trouble by asking a question based in logic and common sense........the lefty/regressives can't handle that stuff and you know it......please stop and just go back to sleep.....hilary is good....hilary is good......

Apple and oranges... dope.

Comparing an 5,200 mile international border to a "place" is idiotic.

5200 miles?

Estimates are less than half that.

You know......we can actually build things when the socialist/democrat/regressives get out of the way.....

After all....we build bridges across miles of open water... and a bridge is a wall on it's side that we walk on...so building a wall on dry land...not a problem...

From wikipedia....

The height, depth, and length of the span from end to end, looking west

The Golden Gate Bridge at sunset, as seen from just north of Alcatraz Island

these anti wall people just don't want a WALL and that all there is to it !!

How much in your taxes being increased is this wall worth to you?
------------------------------------------- whatever it takes plus we could sell [WALL BONDS' Bodecea .

No. I'm comparing smaller walls meant to keep humans out. And said if smaller walls work....why wouldn't a bigger one??

If it's apples to oranges....then the bigger wall would face a bigger opponent. Like Godzilla. But it doesnt.

The wall gets MUCH bigger. But the human intruders it is meant to stop STAY the same size.

So....if a small wall works...why won't a big one??

Private property isn't an issue: Eminent domain.

Landscape isn't. If ancient China did it....we sure as hell can.

You libs are so full of fucking excuse.

You all think we can built coast to coast high tech high speed low energy rail systems.....but we can't build a fucking brick wall in the desert???

You all think we can built coast to coast high tech high speed low energy rail systems.....but we can't build a fucking brick wall in the desert???

Forum List

Back