If walls won't work...why do so many secure places have walls???

The wall would work. Liberals will always oppose anything done in America's interest, they should be ignored or laughed at.

Folks....I had to take a drive out towards the north part of town today and passed by the Charleston Air Force Base. It had walls all around it. So does the Charleston jail.

I jog our beautiful downtown bridge often and it overlooks historic Charleston harbor. The harbor the real pirate Blackbeard blockaded. And it contains Fort Sumter....massive island fort in the middle of the harbor. Huge walls.

Can't help but wonder.....why do places that want to be secure almost all have walls? And why do liberals oppose America having walls?

And these walls are a thousand miles long and 35 feet high and run along rivers and private property and places with no roads that would allow building material access and no maintenance --- right?

/thread

Easy. Ancient China did it. So you're saying modern America can't do what ancient China did??

As to the private property....I'm no legal expert on curtilage regarding a border like some cities have with roads. But 2 words fix the private property debate: Eminent domain.

You cannot tell me a few farmers on the border can stop the world's lone superpower from securing it's borders can you? (Hint: they cant)

I don't think there's anything wrong with a wall, but it is not going to be a solution in itself, and it's going to cost a lot. Will it be cost effective? Won't know 'til we have one. The bigger reason a lot of people object to a wall is emotional--it brings to mind all those commie walls we hated back in the day. We don't want to be seen as bad guys, so we can't put up a wall. Bad optics. I'd bet you that's at the heart of a lot of objections.
Not totally sensible, but neither is expecting a wall to stop all illegal immigration or infiltration by terrorists.

Some folks are curiously stubborn when it comes to acknowledging successful solutions. The anti wall crowd is like the anti abstinence crowd. Little details like abstaining from sexual intercourse virtually guaranteeing no pregnancy, just isn't compelling evidence to them. So it is with the humble wall too. Closed zippers and closed walls have much in common.

Did you attend Bristol Palin's lecture?
Who?

That's exactly what I would say, if I were you.
Evidently, you can't think of anything to say when you step outside of the FZ womb.

I know that you're an idiot when it comes to abstinence and a wall.

Over the past 25 years, Congress has spent over $1.5 billion on abstinence-only-until-marriage programs, yet no study in a professional peer-reviewed journal has found these programs to be broadly effective. Scientific evidence simply does not support an abstinence-only-until-marriage approach.

SIECUS - Fact Sheet

Idiot.

Today, though, the influx of Mexican migrants has largely ceased. The number of undocumented Mexican immigrants living in the United States has been declining for eight years, according to the Pew Research Center. More Mexican immigrants have been traveling south across the border, out of the United States, than have been coming north and entering the country.

The decline in their numbers has a few causes, according to Pew.

For one, the U.S. economy suffered a profound financial crisis in 2008, but the Mexican economy continued to improve, giving people there more opportunities to work. Aside from the financial collapse, Mexican mothers have been bearing fewer children as the country's economy has developed, resulting in a smaller group of young people seeking employment.

The huge immigration problem that Donald Trump’s wall won’t solve

The wall would work. Liberals will always oppose anything done in America's interest, they should be ignored or laughed at.

Is this you?

heres-why-a-guy-dressed-as-a-wall-turned-up-at-a-donald-trump-rally-136404446040603901-160305215128.jpg

Some folks are curiously stubborn when it comes to acknowledging successful solutions. The anti wall crowd is like the anti abstinence crowd. Little details like abstaining from sexual intercourse virtually guaranteeing no pregnancy, just isn't compelling evidence to them. So it is with the humble wall too. Closed zippers and closed walls have much in common.

Who?

Evidently, you can't think of anything to say when you step outside of the FZ womb.

Over the past 25 years, Congress has spent over $1.5 billion on abstinence-only-until-marriage programs, yet no study in a professional peer-reviewed journal has found these programs to be broadly effective. Scientific evidence simply does not support an abstinence-only-until-marriage approach.

SIECUS - Fact Sheet

Idiot.

Today, though, the influx of Mexican migrants has largely ceased. The number of undocumented Mexican immigrants living in the United States has been declining for eight years, according to the Pew Research Center. More Mexican immigrants have been traveling south across the border, out of the United States, than have been coming north and entering the country.

There there, I'm sure it is embarrassing to be unable to fathom the similarities between two concepts. Calling me an idiot won't change that. Ah well. You've made your choice. You have given up your mind and replaced it with knee jerk.

Who?

SIECUS - Fact Sheet

Idiot.

There there, I'm sure it is embarrassing to be unable to fathom the similarities between two concepts. Calling me an idiot won't change that. Ah well. You've made your choice. You have given up your mind and replaced it with knee jerk.

The only similarities are that neither work, dipshit.

More Mexicans Leaving Than Coming to the U.S.

Folks....I had to take a drive out towards the north part of town today and passed by the Charleston Air Force Base. It had walls all around it. So does the Charleston jail.

I jog our beautiful downtown bridge often and it overlooks historic Charleston harbor. The harbor the real pirate Blackbeard blockaded. And it contains Fort Sumter....massive island fort in the middle of the harbor. Huge walls.

Can't help but wonder.....why do places that want to be secure almost all have walls? And why do liberals oppose America having walls?

And these walls are a thousand miles long and 35 feet high and run along rivers and private property and places with no roads that would allow building material access and no maintenance --- right?

/thread

John Oliver should be deported.

SIECUS - Fact Sheet

Idiot.

Mexicans leaving is not about the wall. Oh. Right. Mixed concepts are difficult for you. So, just call me another name! Now. Log off. Think up another zinger. Log back on.

/thread

--------------------------------------------- do some research on the Alaska highway built in the 30s and early 40s while the USA fought 2 wars on 2 fronts . Usa went through forests , rivers , lake , swamps , perma frost to build that and all the time used 30s and early 40s equipment and techniques Pogo . Highway was 1700 miles long and was built in sweltering summer weather and 50 below zero winter weather Pogo !! There were no delivery roads unless the equipment delivery roads were built by the Highway builders Pogo .

Try actually reading the post or actually watching the video Pismoe. Nowhere does either one of us say it "can't" be done; the point is what it takes to do it in ---- and this is the important part --- THE WORLD OF REALITY. As opposed to the WWE fantasy comic book that Rumpbots seem to live in.

Absolute minimum 25 billion, without including maintenance, which doubles that figure within seven years. Empty your pockets. And this for a symbolic campaign pander that doesn't even address the issue anyway. Good thinkin'.

SIECUS - Fact Sheet

Idiot.

Mexicans leaving is not about the wall. Oh. Right. Mixed concepts are difficult for you. So, just call me another name! Now. Log off. Think up another zinger. Log back on.

Oh, I've had my fun with you. Anyhoot, I've got to get busy with my new ladder, rope, and shovel business.

SIECUS - Fact Sheet

Idiot.

Name calling and personal attacks are all she ever has.

/thread

---- For?

>> Under certain conditions, permanent residence status can be lost involuntarily.[67] This includes committing a criminal act that makes a person removable from the United States. A person might also be found to have abandoned his/her status if he or she moves to another country to live there permanently, stays outside the USA for more than 365 days (without getting a re-entry permit before leaving),[68] or does not file an income tax return on their worldwide income. Permanent resident status can also be lost if it is found that the application or grounds for obtaining permanent residence was fraudulent. << (Wiki)
You can trump up, pun intended, bogus reasons to deport anybody, but you can't deport the facts.
That must suck huh? :itsok:

SIECUS - Fact Sheet

Idiot.

Name calling and personal attacks are all she ever has.

No, I actually provided links, and fun facts, something you idiots like to ignore.

Actually a fence...with barbed wire and cameras and motion sensors and armed guard patrols with dogs....and in some cases even mine fields. Still not the length of a border fence.

"If walls won't work...why do so many secure places have walls???"

It's truly remarkable that anyone is indeed this stupid.

/thread

Hits a nerve that much, does he?

/thread

--------------------------------------------- do some research on the Alaska highway built in the 30s and early 40s while the USA fought 2 wars on 2 fronts . Usa went through forests , rivers , lake , swamps , perma frost to build that and all the time used 30s and early 40s equipment and techniques Pogo . Highway was 1700 miles long and was built in sweltering summer weather and 50 below zero winter weather Pogo !! There were no delivery roads unless the equipment delivery roads were built by the Highway builders Pogo .

Try actually reading the post or actually watching the video Pismoe. Nowhere does either one of us say it "can't" be done; the point is what it takes to do it in ---- and this is the important part --- THE WORLD OF REALITY. As opposed to the WWE fantasy comic book that Rumpbots seem to live in.

Absolute minimum 25 billion, without including maintenance, which doubles that figure within seven years. Empty your pockets. And this for a symbolic campaign pander that doesn't even address the issue anyway. Good thinkin'.

---------------------------------------------------- here you go Pogo , --- What it would take to build Trump's border wall - CNN Video ---

Forum List

Back