🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If You Can Help

It won’t allow me to donate unless I share that info, Kat.

hmm that is weird. I did it before I was on the "team". Do you see the anonymous ones??? Those are not clickable to me at all. I can't get in to see your info at all. Like I said I can't see anyone's info.
If this makes you uncomfortable, don't do it. Gracie will definitely understand. :)

I just tried donating and realized some personal info would be shared with people I don’t know.
Is there a way I can help Gracie while maintaining my annominity?
I just donated, too, and was wondering about the same thing. My comment when asked why I donated was, "the Golden Rule" and prayers for Gracie, my sweet."
I didn’t donate.
After filling everything out, I realized some personal info would be shared with members I don’t know.
I have donated before for other causes and not suffered any recriminations to my knowledge but this is a different scenario and I hope I don't regret helping a friend. Gracie et al will read of our concerns. I trust she/they are considerate persons and would secure anonymity. I have long enjoyed Gracie and her posts.

I thank Kat for providing an opportunity and link to someone in such dire need.

(((Gracie)))

I do not see any personal info on anyone that has donated. When I donated I just did it without my real name, but I used an email. I am not sure if I even see emails.
II will check again, and if it is anything different I will let you guys know.
How can I donate without using my real name?

The bank info doesn't show up to the organizer or any other team members. We also don't see any email. The only thing the organizer see's is a name of donor and some people use fake names when they list there name before donating. The organizer gets an email that says drifter 420 made a donation would you like to thank them? and theres a thank you button you can press. But they don't see any email or other stuff. So they don't even know where the thank you goes its just automated.

It won't be. I promise. Just click anonymous, or hide, and your name and info, other than the amount you donate is not available. I just tried to see ones at random, and I could not. Nothing. Nada.
I’m seeing a message that says “Hide name and comment from everyone but the organizer and team”.

That’s the part I’m having a problem with.

The only people who can see your name are the moneybomb sponsors.[/QUOTE]

Hiding comment means it wont show up publicly on gofundme. The organizer and team DO see either a name or anonymous. They don't see email or bank info or any other stuff. But they do see a name if a person listed one. Still you can choose anonymous and what will happen is the organizer gets a message that says, "would you like to thank anonymous?" Press thank you and organizer has no idea where it goes. Its just automated.

I didn’t donate.
After filling everything out, I realized some personal info would be shared with members I don’t know.
I have donated before for other causes and not suffered any recriminations to my knowledge but this is a different scenario and I hope I don't regret helping a friend. Gracie et al will read of our concerns. I trust she/they are considerate persons and would secure anonymity. I have long enjoyed Gracie and her posts.

I thank Kat for providing an opportunity and link to someone in such dire need.

(((Gracie)))

I do not see any personal info on anyone that has donated. When I donated I just did it without my real name, but I used an email. I am not sure if I even see emails.
II will check again, and if it is anything different I will let you guys know.

I did. I didn't even use anonymous. I used initials. But after looking now, if you use anonymous...that is all anyone can see. That and the amount.

That is correct it does not ask for a name, but me putting Lucy Hamilton when that is not my actual name and just giving a card number illustrates that they are not going to know what anyone's actual name even is. All they are getting is the card number and that's it.

The team doesn't see a card number either just the fake name or anonymous or real name if a person decided to use a real name.

I tried that.

Do this.

Create your gofundme account first. Use your screen name as your account name. Then log out. Then check your email. Then log back in. Verify your acount.Then make your donation. That's your solution.

Do this and only your screen name will ever appear in the donation list instead of your real name.

I did. I didn't even use anonymous. I used initials. But after looking now, if you use anonymous...that is all anyone can see. That and the amount.
I don’t care about members knowing how much I donated. I do care about my real name being available to some mods.

It won't be. I promise. Just click anonymous, or hide, and your name and info, other than the amount you donate is not available. I just tried to see ones at random, and I could not. Nothing. Nada.
I’m seeing a message that says “Hide name and comment from everyone but the organizer and team”.

That’s the part I’m having a problem with.

I can't see anything. Do this. Don't put in a name at all. OR do like I did and put in initials. I had no problem by not giving my name, and then donating.

If I put a Comic or a card on eBay to auction it off to donate the money, could I at least post a link to it here?

Forum List

Back