🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If You Can Help

I finally made it in here, but it will be a short visit. I want to thank all of you for you kindness, generosity and support. I am humbled. MrG and I are gobsmacked at what you guys are doing for us, enough to bring us both to tears when told about it, I kid you not.

It has been a wild and horrible ride and we are still numb from shock, but we are alive! There is so much to tell y'all but it will have to wait until tomorrow. I am exhausted mentally and physically. I am supposed to get a new PC tomorrow, compliments from the lady we rented rooms, since mine is not functional anymore. Once I get it (a laptop she said), I will log on once I figure out windows10, :102:, and update everyone. I wish I could do it now but doing it on this darn phone is making my head pound harder than it already is.

Thank you to Kat, drifter and every person who has helped us...with a donation or just with prayers...it is all so much appreciated and oh so needed.

See you guys tomorrow as soon as that PC is handed to me!

Much love to you all and this board,

Gracie and MrGracie

I finally made it in here, but it will be a short visit. I want to thank all of you for you kindness, generosity and support. I am humbled. MrG and I are gobsmacked at what you guys are doing for us, enough to bring us both to tears when told about it, I kid you not.

It has been a wild and horrible ride and we are still numb from shock, but we are alive! There is so much to tell y'all but it will have to wait until tomorrow. I am exhausted mentally and physically. I am supposed to get a new PC tomorrow, compliments from the lady we rented rooms, since mine is not functional anymore. Once I get it (a laptop she said), I will log on once I figure out windows10, :102:, and update everyone. I wish I could do it now but doing it on this darn phone is making my head pound harder than it already is.

Thank you to Kat, drifter and every person who has helped us...with a donation or just with prayers...it is all so much appreciated and oh so needed.

Gracie and MrGracie

Thank YOU Gracie for letting us know. While it's great to get updates from others on your behalf, it's even better to see it from you yourself. Most importantly hun, you guys take good care of yourselves. Get plenty of rest and take it easy...….as much as you can while trying to find & get needed help. Just calm down, you guys are safe and alive, that's the most important. :smiliehug:

Gracie and MrGracie

:smiliehug::smiliehug::smiliehug::smiliehug:

stay safe & stay sane. my heart breaks for you, just keep remembering you are ok & mrG is ok & that is what matters right now.

heart-shaped-gemstones-1482811528-2634147.jpg

One of our USMB members has been a victim of the Paradise Camp fire and is now homeless. She's lost everything in the fire but some pets and is living in her van now. A member here discussed opening a GoFundMe campaign for her with a team invited to manage and edit the page. No one is obligated but if you would like to donate here is the link. All funds will go to her as she will be the one linking her own bank account to the page. We're talking about Gracie. Once again she is homeless. I know she would very much appreciate any help given.

The link:

Click here to support Paradise Camp Fire organized by Michelle Morrow

Been without digs myself so I know what that's about. Best wishes and luck, Gracie. May not seem like hope is a real word with real meaning, but the place you'll always find it is in the hearts of other humans. Chin up!

Well um I thought that Baller means you were saying you thought I was a Nymphomaniac, um :eusa_whistle:

Alright. I have to be honest here, Lucy. I just heard that word last week for the first time. Some of my son's friends came over last weekend to load their tools and dollies and whatnot into the back of his truck because he's the one with the truck, the other ones don't have a truck. Plus it's easier if everybody rides in the same truck where all of the tools are anyway.

Anyway, there was a big volunteer thing at their school, well actually college, but anyway. I think a fall festival. They had to go put up tents and pound stakes and move a bunch of stuff.

Here's the thing, though. They were home in an hour. Turns out about a hundred students showed up. They knocked it out. So, when they got back, I asked em why they were home so soon. My son said, because we're gosh darned ballers, pops.

So, that's how I learned the word. Apparently, there are other definitions of it, which I did not know. I'm no spring chicken anymore, I'm not really that good with the new slang.

One of our USMB members has been a victim of the Paradise Camp fire and is now homeless. She's lost everything in the fire but some pets and is living in her van now. A member here discussed opening a GoFundMe campaign for her with a team invited to manage and edit the page. No one is obligated but if you would like to donate here is the link. All funds will go to her as she will be the one linking her own bank account to the page. We're talking about Gracie. Once again she is homeless. I know she would very much appreciate any help given.

The link:

Click here to support Paradise Camp Fire organized by Michelle Morrow

upload_2018-11-12_19-42-21.png

upload_2018-11-12_19-44-5.png

Gracie and MrGracie

:smiliehug:

I always thought it was an insult.
Live and learn :biggrin:
Baller-
a person who is who is flashy with their money. Someone who has lots of money and enjoys showing it off in front of others.

Well, not the way I say it. Baller means getting it done the way I say it.

Well um I thought that Baller means you were saying you thought I was a Nymphomaniac, um :eusa_whistle:

Yeah that's what I thought. Strange expression.

Well I just happened to happen upon this thread purely by chance --- should be way better disseminated --- and I'm trying to put something in but I have no experience with GoFundMe and it's putting up roadblocks. It wants me to "tip" something. Also I wish it had a PayPal option but that doesn't appear to be the case (?) so I have to get banks involved, never a simple thing. I'll have to move money around to do that.

WTF is this "tip" about? Why won't it let me proceed?

It's not hard to recall when I was ousted by Katrina and how generous people were everywhere for whatever we needed. I would like to pay back some karma. I can't think of a more deserving cause than Gracie. Thinking of you Ms G, just trying to crack the system. :death:

Well I just happened to happen upon this thread purely by chance --- should be way better disseminated --- and I'm trying to put something in but I have no experience with GoFundMe and it's putting up roadblocks. It wants me to "tip" something. Also I wish it had a PayPal option but that doesn't appear to be the case (?) so I have to get banks involved, never a simple thing. I'll have to move money around to do that.

It's not hard to recall when I was ousted by Katrina and how generous people were everywhere for whatever we needed. I would like to pay back some karma. I can't think of a more deserving cause than Gracie. Thinking of you Ms G, just trying to crack the system. :death:

I think the tip is what we pay to help GoFundMe to stay afloat.

I think the tip is what we pay to help GoFundMe to stay afloat.

Rats. I thought I wuz gettin' a meal out of it. :uhh:

It stopped me when I reset the tip to zero, not knowing wtf it was, but I eventually got in there. Didn't see a PayPal option so I'll have to resettle extra money around before I can move it. But it's on the way Gracie. :smiliehug:

Just type 0 you don't have to tip and the tip doesn't go to Gracie anyway it goes to gofundme. Just donate what you are comfortable with and if you can't donate then just think good thoughts for Gracie's future she lost everything and it must be devastating. I really can't wrap my mind around what the vibe must feel since that whole town burned down.

All I know is my boyfriend's mom lived there too and she will be ok cause she had home insurance. what she is most sad about is she lost her daughter a few years ago to pancreatic cancer and then two years ago she lost her husband of 50 years marriage to lung cancer. All of her mementos of her husband and daughter are gone. It's so sad.

The emergency team took her and her dog to a church in Chico and made her leave her car so everything she had packed to take memory wise got left behind and now gone. Gracie lost all that but also a place to live and no insurance no savings lives on a limited income and has health problems so sad. Everyone here at this board has showed so much compassion in prayer, positive energy and donations. Just reading and seeing peoples generosity and love is so amazing especially on the internet WOW!

Forum List

Back