🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If You Can Help

It won’t allow me to donate unless I share that info, Kat.

It doesnt have to be your real name, just a name
I screwe d up on that and used my real name :(

Yeah. I just used Yard Dog... it worked fine ;)

I think though, it shouldnt be a problem for anyone who did use their real name
I’ve done go fund me before with dog rescue stuff and gone through FB, which I did this time. Hopefully won’t matter.

It was wonderful to see such a great response :)

The Paradice Fire is in the news and it is so grim, Gracie is lucky to be alive :(

I’ve done go fund me before with dog rescue stuff and gone through FB, which I did this time. Hopefully won’t matter.

The Paradice Fire is in the news and it is so grim, Gracie is lucky to be alive :(

Just got news alert they found 13 more dead, Now up to 42 with a couple hundred missing. Firemen had to sift bone particles through a wire screen. :(

Hi guys. I am back on the phone cuz it's faster than that laptop and motel 6 wifi!!!
So, I will be picking out this post on the phone along with misspellings, lol.

And I will have to do it in increments, too.

Anyway, things are subject to change on hourly and daily bases, BUT, the ladies from a local church here in Redding are coming tomorrow to speak to the folks here, with food vouchers, gas vouchers and best of all, possible rent on the otel until the 30th. Our housemate paid for us up to the 15th, then she is leaving to go to her sisters in Sacramento. So if the church can help until the 30th, we can stay until the end of the month or maybe longer if they offer to pay for longer even. Won't know until tomorrow though. We called our car insurance too about an hour ago...the hood and sides of my van is kinda cooked from driving thru fire, so they may give us money for that, which will be a big help.

Goodwill gave us vouchers for clothes.

Which we got on Friday. We left Paradise at around 8:15, give or take. We has less than 10 min to get out and by then, the road was jammed. Then the van lost a radiator hose in the middle of the mess but thankfully just came loose. MrG tightened it and by that time, fire was on both sides of us. It was awful. I thought we were going to burn in the car. But we got out. It was soooo fast, that fire. No warnings. No city sirens. Just bad city planning for 27k people and only a few ways out.

The response is wonderful from all these guys here yeah, in the face of such a nightmare situation. It's good to know people really care.

Which we got on Friday. We left Paradise at around 8:15, give or take. We has less than 10 min to get out and by then, the road was jammed. Then the van lost a radiator hose in the middle of the mess but thankfully just came loose. MrG tightened it and by that time, fire was on both sides of us. It was awful. I thought we were going to burn in the car. But we got out. It was soooo fast, that fire. No warnings. No city sirens. Just bad city planning for 27k people and only a few ways out.

Wow Gracie! ... so glad you made it out. Can't imagine how terrible it was

Hi guys. I am back on the phone cuz it's faster than that laptop and motel 6 wifi!!!
So, I will be picking out this post on the phone along with misspellings, lol.

And I will have to do it in increments, too.

Anyway, things are subject to change on hourly and daily bases, BUT, the ladies from a local church here in Redding are coming tomorrow to speak to the folks here, with food vouchers, gas vouchers and best of all, possible rent on the otel until the 30th. Our housemate paid for us up to the 15th, then she is leaving to go to her sisters in Sacramento. So if the church can help until the 30th, we can stay until the end of the month or maybe longer if they offer to pay for longer even. Won't know until tomorrow though. We called our car insurance too about an hour ago...the hood and sides of my van is kinda cooked from driving thru fire, so they may give us money for that, which will be a big help.

Goodwill gave us vouchers for clothes.

:smiliehug:

I keep trying to type but get this interference with a squeakie ball..

38D3EFBC-BE98-4159-A42D-6DEE340D24EB.jpeg

Glad you made it out...the news has been awful :(

Many here, including our housemate are just stumped on what to do but MrG and I have experienced homelessness before so we have been soothing the others here in the motel the best we can while keeping our own shit together...sorta. MrG has had some panic attacks and today was the worst one but he seems ok for now. I want to fall apart myself but I can't. Once we get safe somewhere, then I will allow myself to melt down. Just not right now. It kinda helps me that many immediate neighbors from Paradise are right here too. Keeps me from thinking, you know?

I have not read this whole page, but I will as soon as I can. Ihave been told the flamezoners have given support and we'll wishes and I thank them and am ashamed for how I have treated them I cannot get in the fz, so please convey our sincere thanks and that I will never do what I did in the past.

MrG and I are so very grateful, and when we get out of this horror, I will rejoin you all again.

Will tell more of our experiences escaping but now I have charge the phone again.

I have not read this whole page, but I will as soon as I can. Ihave been told the flamezoners have given support and we'll wishes and I thank them and am ashamed for how I have treated them I cannot get in the fz, so please convey our sincere thanks and that I will never do what I did in the past.

MrG and I are so very grateful, and when we get out of this horror, I will rejoin you all again.

Will tell more of our experiences escaping but now I have charge the phone again.

Gracie, don’t worry about it. We’re just happy that you made it out of there. I can’t imagine what you went through.

Well I just happened to happen upon this thread purely by chance --- should be way better disseminated --- and I'm trying to put something in but I have no experience with GoFundMe and it's putting up roadblocks. It wants me to "tip" something. Also I wish it had a PayPal option but that doesn't appear to be the case (?) so I have to get banks involved, never a simple thing. I'll have to move money around to do that.

WTF is this "tip" about? Why won't it let me proceed?

It's not hard to recall when I was ousted by Katrina and how generous people were everywhere for whatever we needed. I would like to pay back some karma. I can't think of a more deserving cause than Gracie. Thinking of you Ms G, just trying to crack the system. :death:

I think the tip is what we pay to help GoFundMe to stay afloat.

Rats. I thought I wuz gettin' a meal out of it. :uhh:

It stopped me when I reset the tip to zero, not knowing wtf it was, but I eventually got in there. Didn't see a PayPal option so I'll have to resettle extra money around before I can move it. But it's on the way Gracie. :smiliehug:

^^^^^ This is why I love ogo Pogo :smoke:

Forum List

Back