If you don't want guns don't buy them?

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
Skull Pilot said "If you don't want a gun don't buy one" yet that is so beside the point

first, who says there aren't guns in my home?

second, that doesn't mean we shouldn't keep guns away from people who shouldn't have them... the nutters, the criminals, the spouse abusers, pedophiles...

most normal people understand the need to restrict gun ownership in those cases.

@skullpilot said "If you don't want a gun don't buy one" yet that is so beside the point

second, that doesn't mean we shouldn't keep guns away from people who shouldn't have them... the nutters, the criminals, the spouse abusers, pedophiles...

most normal people understand the need t restrict gun ownership in those cases.

The problem is who gets to decide who gets a gun and who doesn't? How do you plan to keep guns away from criminals? Pass a law? Criminals always obey laws right?

Skull Pilot said "If you don't want a gun don't buy one" yet that is so beside the point

What we don't understand is why all the methods you propose to achieve that actually only end up making it harder for law abiding people to get, possess and use firearms.

And except for shock value, I don;t know why you bring up pedo's, there isn't a rash of gun toting kid touchers running around, that we know of.

@skullpilot said "If you don't want a gun don't buy one" yet that is so beside the point

The problem is who gets to decide who gets a gun and who doesn't? How do you plan to keep guns away from criminals? Pass a law? Criminals always obey laws right?

I already said... criminal history... mental illness as a start. isn't that an objective standard?

Yeah, you can have guns, you just don't want OTHER people to have them, such as those Yellow Cross wearing Christians that the Obama regime told you to hate. :thup:

(You DID get the Obama EO that all Christians wear and arm band through, didn't you?)

The Obama Mental health test for buying a gun.

1. Have you ever voted Republican?

You may be a mindless hack Jillian, but at least you have utterly no grasp of logic at all....

What we don't understand is why all the methods you propose to achieve that actually only end up making it harder for law abiding people to get, possess and use firearms.

And except for shock value, I don;t know why you bring up pedo's, there isn't a rash of gun toting kid touchers running around, that we know of.

honestly? I don't care if it's "harder" for you. there is nothing saying that it shouldn't be a bit "harder"

Jillian doesn't want to disarm everyone; she only wants to disarm enemies of the party.

Lets face reality here. The only way to rid the world of gun crime is to ban ALL GUNS. Ban everything involved with them. When that is settled, we can get started with knives, swords, spears and fertilizer.
Deal?

Yeah, you can have guns, you just don't want OTHER people to have them, such as those Yellow Cross wearing Christians that the Obama regime told you to hate. :thup:

(You DID get the Obama EO that all Christians wear and arm band through, didn't you?)

The Obama Mental health test for buying a gun.

1. Have you ever voted Republican?

You may be a mindless hack Jillian, but at least you have utterly no grasp of logic at all....

I am far from mindless, freak boy. the fact that you're too stupid to understand that is your problem, not mine.

and yes, I voted republican in five mayoral elections and two gubernatorial elections.

have you ever voted for a democrat, you wingnut loon?

I already said... criminal history... mental illness as a start. isn't that an objective standard?

We already have that, it's called background checks. Who decides what is mental illness? Liberalism is a mental
Illness, should we not let them have guns?

most normal people understand the need to restrict gun ownership in those cases.

It is illegal for felons, persons convicted of spousal abuse and those declared mentally unstable to posses guns.

What is your suggestion as to how to keep these people from acquiring a firearm?

We already have that, it's called background checks. Who decides what is mental illness? Liberalism is a mental

really? if you sell a gun to your neighbor there's a background check?

that would be "no".

if you buy a gun at a gun show in Tennessee, there are background checks?

that would be a "no".

and the problem is, those guns then infect our society. i'll point out that most mass shootings are done with legal weapons. so we're doing something wrong.

it's funny... this is the only area in which the rightwing says not to legislate yet you all are perfectly happy to obstruct my rights in every possible way.

honestly? I don't care if it's "harder" for you. there is nothing saying that it shouldn't be a bit "harder"

The RKBA "shall not be infringed". Making it more difficult for me soley because other people may do bad things with their guns is infringement.

And GUESS what? We already have laws about that.

Already the law.

that would be "no".

that would be a "no".

and the problem is, those guns then infect our society. i'll point out that most mass shootings are done with legal weapons. so we're doing something wrong.

it's funny... this is the only area in which the rightwing says not to legislate yet you all are perfectly happy to obstruct my rights in every possible way.
which ones were with legal guns?

It is illegal for felons, persons convicted of spousal abuse and those declared mentally unstable to posses guns.

What is your suggestion as to how to keep these people from acquiring a firearm?

i'd start with making sure the laws are unform across the country so runners can't bring weapons from south Carolina into new York.

i'd make sure the gunshow loophole is closes, as well as prohibiting transfers between private citizens without background checks and registration.

even scalia said only a total ban is impermissible and left the door open for appropriate regulation.

but you tell me, how do you keep guns away from people who shouldn't have them? (without throwing up your hands and saying only criminals will disobey the law... because that's true about laws against murder, too, it doesn't mean we don't legislate against murder).

that would be "no".

that would be a "no".

i'm pretty sure the answer is all of them... from Dylan klebold to dylann roof (maybe we shouldn't name kids Dylan) to Aurora to this lowlife who just committed the terror attack on the planned parenthood in Colorado.

that would be "no".

that would be a "no".

i'm pretty sure the answer is all of them... from Dylan klebold to dylann roof (maybe we shouldn't name kids Dylan) to Aurora to this lowlife who just committed the terror attack on the planned parenthood in Colorado.
All of them obtained their weapons legally?

Forum List

Back