If you followed Republican logic, would sex predators who never did the deed go free?

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017

Remember, there used to be a show where men would try to hook up with underage girls or boys and when the predator showed up, they would be arrested?

How is that different than setting up a meeting trying to commit conspiracy with the Russians to attack the foundation of our political system?

Obviously, it's not sex. But it is a conspiracy to do something illegal. Well, something Democrats feel is illegal.
It's not clear to me whether Republicans feel any of this is illegal.

• Banned
I see Jarrod, Junior and Paul as stand in's for sexual predators. They got caught. And remember, those predators would cry, but I'm just an innocent. I didn't do anything.

Yea, but they wanted to.

I see it as a right/wrong issue, not a criminal issue. At least at this point.

• Banned
I see it as a right/wrong issue, not a criminal issue. At least at this point.
Fox News host wrong that no law bans Russia-Trump collusion

Donald Trump Jr. and Russia: What the Law Says

A federal law, Section 30121 of Title 52, makes it a crime for any foreigner to contribute or donate money or some “other thing of value” in connection with an American election, or for anyone to solicit a foreigner to do so. Legal experts struggled to identify any precedent for prosecutions under that statute, but that phrase is common in other federal criminal statutes covering such crimes as bribery and threats, said Richard L. Hasen, an election-law professor at the University of California, Irvine. Courts have held, in other contexts, that a “thing of value” can be something intangible, like information.

-------------------------

I'm pretty sure it's a crime. Illegally gotten information on Hillary Clinton could be considered "a thing of value".

At this point I don't care if Putin hacked the voting machines himself.

Hitlery lost, and bed wetters like deanturd are the same miserable, pathetic, petulant assholes they were when Bush beat manbearpig.

The country dodged a nuclear holocaust with hitlery's defeat. If Putin has anything to do with it, give him obozo's fucking Nobel Prize because Putin earned it.

• Banned

Hitlery lost, and bed wetters like deanturd are the same miserable, pathetic, petulant assholes they were when Bush beat manbearpig.

The country dodged a nuclear holocaust with hitlery's defeat. If Putin has anything to do with it, give him obozo's fucking Nobel Prize because Putin earned it.
While this is about Trump and his Russian collusion, I do have a comment on Hillary I previously stated:

Republicans spent 30 years going after Hillary Clinton. Spending many millions of dollars of tax payer money.

For instance. I would rather they investigate 9/11 and find out how no one was prepared after being warned, why Bin Laden was let go, why they stopped looking for him and why we really invaded Iraq. Even what happened to the billions in cash that was sent over there and never seen again and why the Iraqi military was disbanded which led to the creation isis? All that is way more important then Benghazi.

Look at the Clinton Foundation. All the investigations and nothing. One reporter took down the criminal organization called the Trump Foundation.

If Hillary did all the things Republicans accuse her of over 30 years and came out clean, I want her as president because she is the smartest woman ever born.

Trump on the other hand is worse than Bush. Republicans protect both, even if they won't let Bush anywhere near their conventions.

Hillary helped millions get healthcare and she got the first responders healthcare after Republicans blocked it for 10 years. Trump stole from children with cancer. I would trust her over him.

Used to be "To catch a Predator"

When the guy showed up to meet a 13 year old girl, Chris Hansen would pop out with a camera

Republicans would say that since there was not an actual 13 year old girl there.......he did nothing wrong

Used to be "To catch a Predator"

When the guy showed up to meet a 13 year old girl, Chris Hansen would pop out with a camera

Republicans would say that since there was not an actual 13 year old girl there.......he did nothing wrong
Exactly. That is totally my point.

We know the meeting happened. We know some of the people that were there. We know why they were there. Trump Jr. and the President have admitted.

How could it be anything but a crime? GOP? Can you explain that?

While this is about Trump and his Russian collusion, I do have a comment on Hillary I previously stated:

Republicans spent 30 years going after Hillary Clinton. Spending many millions of dollars of tax payer money.

For instance. I would rather they investigate 9/11 and find out how no one was prepared after being warned, why Bin Laden was let go, why they stopped looking for him and why we really invaded Iraq. Even what happened to the billions in cash that was sent over there and never seen again and why the Iraqi military was disbanded which led to the creation isis? All that is way more important then Benghazi.

Look at the Clinton Foundation. All the investigations and nothing. One reporter took down the criminal organization called the Trump Foundation.

If Hillary did all the things Republicans accuse her of over 30 years and came out clean, I want her as president because she is the smartest woman ever born.

Trump on the other hand is worse than Bush. Republicans protect both, even if they won't let Bush anywhere near their conventions.

Hillary helped millions get healthcare and she got the first responders healthcare after Republicans blocked it for 10 years. Trump stole from children with cancer. I would trust her over him.
you would trust anything a democrat tells you dean,and would never question it.....you have proved that over and over here since you have been here.....

Remember, there used to be a show where men would try to hook up with underage girls or boys and when the predator showed up, they would be arrested?

How is that different than setting up a meeting trying to commit conspiracy with the Russians to attack the foundation of our political system?

Obviously, it's not sex. But it is a conspiracy to do something illegal. Well, something Democrats feel is illegal.

Let me see if I can wrap my head around this... It's not a problem for Russians to give hillary a phony dossier about Trump, but giving Trump's campaign dirt on hillary is verboten? Is that about right?

Good question. It was the DEMS who set up the meeting, both with donnie junior, but more importantly with the Ukrainians to try and bring trump down. Funny how you ignore the very well know COLLUSION of the hilary camp, but are all over the false claims against donnie junior.

What crime were they going to commit? I heard collusion, but what? Is it illegal to get dirt on your opponent now? The "thing of value" is rich. What doesn't have value? A photo op with a foreign leader could have value.

Obama takes campaign trail overseas - CNN.com

Obama's trip, which includes visits to Iraq, Jordan, Israel, Germany, France and the United Kingdom, is intended to bolster his foreign policy credentials before U.S. voters.

"This is the campaign trail via satellite -- pictures for the rhetoric back home," CNN's Candy Crowley said, adding that the trip was intended to demonstrate that Obama was up to the job of taking a lead role on the international stage.

So Candidate Obama flew around the world meeting with foreign leaders, as a Senator, not even President Elect, to bolster his foreign policy credentials. Wouldn't that be a thing of value? Meeting and being taken seriously by foreign leaders all to improve your foreign policy cred?

That is the problem when you start down this path. What is a thing of value? Well. Anything could be. That's why there has never been any prosecution of that thing of value before. Because every single candidate gets a thing of value running around the world pumping hands and promising to be great friends with our allies when elected.

Let me see if I can wrap my head around this... It's not a problem for Russians to give hillary a phony dossier about Trump, but giving Trump's campaign dirt on hillary is verboten? Is that about right?

Give me a link.

What crime were they going to commit? I heard collusion, but what? Is it illegal to get dirt on your opponent now? The "thing of value" is rich. What doesn't have value? A photo op with a foreign leader could have value.

Obama's trip, which includes visits to Iraq, Jordan, Israel, Germany, France and the United Kingdom, is intended to bolster his foreign policy credentials before U.S. voters.

"This is the campaign trail via satellite -- pictures for the rhetoric back home," CNN's Candy Crowley said, adding that the trip was intended to demonstrate that Obama was up to the job of taking a lead role on the international stage.

So Candidate Obama flew around the world meeting with foreign leaders, as a Senator, not even President Elect, to bolster his foreign policy credentials. Wouldn't that be a thing of value? Meeting and being taken seriously by foreign leaders all to improve your foreign policy cred?

That is the problem when you start down this path. What is a thing of value? Well. Anything could be. That's why there has never been any prosecution of that thing of value before. Because every single candidate gets a thing of value running around the world pumping hands and promising to be great friends with our allies when elected.
There must be some sense there. But since I don't know what it is, I guess there isn't.

Give me a link.

Don't you keep up, dweeb? What I said is common knowledge to anyone capable of reading a newspaper of comprehending a news program.

There must be some sense there. But since I don't know what it is, I guess there isn't.
There is, to any sentient being.

Then let me elucidate it a tad more simply.

Is the time of foreign leaders valuable? The President's schedule is often made weeks or months in advance. It is very difficult for someone to get on that schedule. The time of the President is very limited, and he only has so many hours in a day right?

Then it is logical that the foreign leaders time is also limited, and there is only so many people or things that they can do in a day. Yet, they found some time, valuable time, to meet with Candidate Obama. They gave him valuable time, so he could increase his foreign policy cred.

Look at the date on the link. 2008. Before he was President or President elect. Are you saying that then Candidate Obama accepted a thing of value from these foreign leaders? Their time is valuable, people who were waiting months to see those leaders got bumped for Obama's photo op.

Candidate Obama got something of value from them, their time. He got assistance from their police and security people, another thing of value. Did Obama commit the same crime? He not only accepted a thing of value from several foreign leaders, but he requested it.

Forum List

Back