If You Had The Money, Would You Go To Mars?

If You Had The Money, Would You Go To Mars?

• Yes!!!

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Need More Information

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe Not

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!!!

Votes: 14 77.8%

• Total voters

james bond

Gold Member
Oct 17, 2015
Elon Musk has proposed going to Mars and colonizing it. Now, he has written a paper updating his proposal for making this one-way journey. It'll cost $100K to $200K. I'm not sure what the danger to earth is since I'm a conservative. I am aware of the dangers of nuclear war, WW III, climate change, even Armageddon, but think we can make do with earth until it's time. Can anyone tell me why colonize Mars? I rather stay here on earth and colonize the moon and space stations for places to go in outer space. Colonizing the moon means we can come back and it also provides a way to get supplies to other space travelers.

spacex-interplanetary-transport-system-its-carbon-fiber-fuel-tank-size.jpg

New giant fuel tank made entirely of carbon fiber

"Musk further elaborated on his Mars plans in October during an Ask Me Anything session on Reddit. He outlined a four-stage process to inhabit Mars, explained how he'd create fuel and air on the planet, and disclosed his name for the main spaceship: Heart of Gold, a nod to the book "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.""

Elon Musk has published an outline of his audacious plan to colonize Mars with 1 million people

Yeah, it's pretty crazy. I wonder if he's going? I doubt it. He stays to run his companies. Musk's companies are not as automated as one would think. He hires a lot of people, so at least it will provide more jobs.

Yeah, it's pretty crazy. I wonder if he's going? I doubt it. He stays to run his companies. Musk's companies are not as automated as one would think. He hires a lot of people, so at least it will provide more jobs.
They need to envision how boring it would be. Srriously, its an almost unicolored ROCK.

With dust.

Whoaaaaaaa, move to the grand canyon and have a nice day. With air

If I could get there and back in a reasonable time period, like maybe a month

Elon Musk has proposed going to Mars and colonizing it. Now, he has written a paper updating his proposal for making this one-way journey. It'll cost $100K to $200K. I'm not sure what the danger to earth is since I'm a conservative. I am aware of the dangers of nuclear war, WW III, climate change, even Armageddon, but think we can make do with earth until it's time. Can anyone tell me why colonize Mars? I rather stay here on earth and colonize the moon and space stations for places to go in outer space. Colonizing the moon means we can come back and it also provides a way to get supplies to other space travelers.

"Musk further elaborated on his Mars plans in October during an Ask Me Anything session on Reddit. He outlined a four-stage process to inhabit Mars, explained how he'd create fuel and air on the planet, and disclosed his name for the main spaceship: Heart of Gold, a nod to the book "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.""

Elon Musk has published an outline of his audacious plan to colonize Mars with 1 million people

There is nothing of interest on Mars, it would be too boring for me.

Elon Musk is a crazy individual.

Some of that Martian poontang might just hit the spot. Floating down the canals of mars, while sipping a cuba libra, with a Martian hottie on my arm.

Only if someone invents artificial gravity (yeah, I have one of those seasickness weak stomachs) and it becomes as safe as any Earth transportation. I don't expect these advancements to happen in my lifetime, but it would be wonderful if it did. I admit I've always been a sci-fi geek who loves a good space adventure story.

They can't come back...so no......and elon has a problem with getting things to work...while he is living off of the government......I wouldn't trust his tech if a democrats life depended on it....

As I always say, the sci-fi that most accurately predicts man's future in space are the Sigourney Weaver Alien movies. In which the humans are a bunch of greedy, grungy, ragtag, foul-mouthed, chainsmoking, hard-drinking interstellar Jerry Springer guests....all under the thumb of corrupt, faceless mega-corporations controlling every aspect of human space travel. THAT is the real "space future" of humanity, not Star Trek as much as I've loved Star Trek all my life as well. I WISH Star Trek's scenario could happen, but I'm realistic enough to know it won't.

If it was just me and these 5 women in the spaceship and the whole entire planet I'd go.

11898536.jpg

Forum List

Back