Would you try living on the moon, Mars or elsewhere?

We know the moon and Mars do not have a magnetic field, so they are not suitable for permanent colonization. They may be just for temporary satellite locations. The closest planet we have found to colonize could be Europa, but we haven't visited there.

1) Mars has a magnetic field

2) The Moon has a magnetic field.

3) Europe isn't planet, it's a moon.

Also Europa has an ice crust, not good for living on at all.
What you're thinking of is that Europa might be one of the most likely places for life to exist. This would probably be sub-aquatic creatures, possibly very primative.

1) Mars has a magnetic field

2) The Moon has a magnetic field.

3) Europe isn't planet, it's a moon.

Also Europa has an ice crust, not good for living on at all.
What you're thinking of is that Europa might be one of the most likely places for life to exist. This would probably be sub-aquatic creatures, possibly very primative.
You should read your links haha.

You should read your links haha.

Why's that?

What you said: "We know the moon and Mars do not have a magnetic field"

What Wikipedia says: "Whereas the Martian northern lowlands are largely unmagnetized, the southern hemisphere possesses strong remanent magnetization,"

"The magnetic field of the Moon is very weak in comparison to that of the Earth"

I'm not saying Mars or the Moon have a magnetic field like Earths, however there's something there. Mars doesn't have a GLOBAL magnetic field, but that's a certain amount of magnetism, and the Moon doesn't have a magnetic field like Earth's either.

However you said they DO NOT HAVE A MAGNETIC FIELD. Not true.

Why's that?

What you said: "We know the moon and Mars do not have a magnetic field"

What Wikipedia says: "Whereas the Martian northern lowlands are largely unmagnetized, the southern hemisphere possesses strong remanent magnetization,"

"The magnetic field of the Moon is very weak in comparison to that of the Earth"

I'm not saying Mars or the Moon have a magnetic field like Earths, however there's something there. Mars doesn't have a GLOBAL magnetic field, but that's a certain amount of magnetism, and the Moon doesn't have a magnetic field like Earth's either.

However you said they DO NOT HAVE A MAGNETIC FIELD. Not true.
You go live on the moon or Mars then. You just don't get the important stuff. You'll be dead much sooner than living on the 3rd planet from the sun and its global warming.

You go live on the moon or Mars then. You just don't get the important stuff. You'll be dead much sooner than living on the 3rd planet from the sun and its global warming.

I didn't say I wanted to live on either. I think my first post was "It's like living in a desert".

However you made claims that aren't true.

I didn't say I wanted to live on either. I think my first post was "It's like living in a desert".

However you made claims that aren't true.
It's not like "living in a desert." Humans wouldn't be able to survive on a planet without a magnetic field due to the harsh solar winds.

It's not like "living in a desert." Humans wouldn't be able to survive on a planet without a magnetic field due to the harsh solar winds.

Well, they might be able to survive, it'd take some create thinking like.... living UNDER the surface. People have written about this. It's be hard, but it would be like living in a desert, nothing to do, nothing to see, just the same thing every day. And yes, might involve a lot of living underground.

Once a planet or moon is found that we may be able to colonize, would you be one of the first colonists to live there if you thought the Earth was going downhill too fast?
Of course you know this, but there is NO WORLD WE CAN COLONIZE.

800 DEGREES on Venu with sulfuric acid rain.

The moon is a vacuum. 250 degrees in the day. No real gravity.

There is NO PLACE even comparable to Earth

CA governor Gavin Newsome wants to speed up his bill to fight climate change. We've been to the moon back and are thinking about sending a manned mission to Mars. Once a planet or moon is found that we may be able to colonize, would you be one of the first colonists to live there if you thought the Earth was going downhill too fast? There may be Europa, one of Jupiter's moons, that is like Earth. Usually, the first colonizers are the most successful.

If there was some guarantee of safety and not everyday is a risk of death by even something small going wrong? If there is large "outdoor" areas that mimick Earth (blue sky, grass ect) - maybe

Well, they might be able to survive, it'd take some create thinking like.... living UNDER the surface. People have written about this. It's be hard, but it would be like living in a desert, nothing to do, nothing to see, just the same thing every day. And yes, might involve a lot of living underground.
I suppose we can try living underground on the moon, but it would be hard. It doesn't have any drinkable water nor any oceans. NASA isn't interested in the moon anymore. Mars isn't that interesting as the harsh solar winds has already destroyed it. Many scientists think that the harsh solar winds would kill us on a planet or moon with no magnetic field.

I suppose we can try living underground on the moon, but it would be hard. It doesn't have any drinkable water nor any oceans. NASA isn't interested in the moon anymore. Mars isn't that interesting as the harsh solar winds has already destroyed it. Many scientists think that the harsh solar winds would kill us on a planet or moon with no magnetic field.

China is interested, because of the resources. That's the reason China is sending probes. NASA seems more interested in the science, so going to Mars is just a challenge for the US.

China is interested, because of the resources. That's the reason China is sending probes. NASA seems more interested in the science, so going to Mars is just a challenge for the US.
Better them than us. I'm fine with commies going to Mars.

Forum List

Back