NASA unveils probe bound for Jupiter's possibly life-sustaining moon

Even if it it does contain a possible life sustaining environment , So What?
There are a billion other and better things to do with the funds .

Regardless , I do not believe anything NASA says . The aim seems beyond absurd and surely hides some other intent .
I’m sure we won’t find life, but having knowledge of the solar system around us isn’t a waste of money.

Being ignorant is the worst possible thing

Manned mission to Europa is pointless, apologies to Arthur C Clarke.

I'd make you a bet that we find Octopus, jellyfish and coral there, but what's the point?
I would bet against that. Think about what you are actually saying. You would have to find millions of common species there, not just 3 or 4. The species you mentioned didn't just pop into existence from a bacterium. The evolved after a series of events involving millions and millions of species evolving in concert. Entire ecosystems evolve together, producing new species within them.

Now, maybe you are implying that, somehow, juveniles of these species made it to Eurpa in numbers large enough and in journeys close enough in time to form sustainable populations.But that seems just as far fetched.

I think what you mean to say is that they will have similar physiology.

Like how a shark and a whale are similar, despite vastly different and distinct evolutionary origins.
Sharks and whales supposedly “evolved” on the same planet, correct?

Given the insurmountable odds against “evolution” on one planet, it would be insurmountable to the nth power for creatures of similar physiologies to “evolve” contemporaneously; it could only mean they had common origins.

Sharks and whales supposedly “evolved” on the same planet, correct?
Incorrect. It's a fact that they did.

Given the insurmountable odds against “evolution” on one planet, it would be insurmountable to the nth power for creatures of similar physiologies to “evolve”
No, that's really stupid and wrong. Sorry.

Of course aquatic life would lead to fusiform animal shapes. Fish, mammals, and birds all show examples.

Think of the stupidity of what you are saying. That's like saying it's improbable that more than one land species would evolve legs for locomotion. It's just very dumb.

Incorrect. It's a fact that they did.

No, that's really stupid and wrong. Sorry.

Of course aquatic life would lead to fusiform animal shapes. Fish, mammals, and birds all show examples.

Think of the stupidity of what you are saying. That's like saying it's improbable that more than one land species would evolve legs for locomotion. It's just very dumb.
You make me laugh.

Atoms randomly form molecules and proteins and amino acids and single celled organisms but the end result can only be what’s right in front of us??

Isn’t it just as likely— due to random mutations— that creatures grow into giant amoeba the size of whales?? Think of it, fewer moving parts, less complicated. This seems to be a more likely trajectory for random mutations to randomly mutate

I hear everything is free there, the views of Jupiter are fabulous and everyone has rights but right-wing nationalist Christians, a pure utopia.

Again, when will Leftists leave to go?
Recent photos from Jupiter's moon, Titan:

Default_Create_an_image_of_Jupiter_from_a_moon_where_the_moon_3.jpg

You make me laugh.

Atoms randomly form molecules and proteins and amino acids and single celled organisms but the end result can only be what’s right in front of us??

Isn’t it just as likely— due to random mutations— that creatures grow into giant amoeba the size of whales?? Think of it, fewer moving parts, less complicated. This seems to be a more likely trajectory for random mutations to randomly mutate
Wow

You really do not understand biology or genetics

Yet you speak with such unwarranted certainty

Typical

You make me laugh.

ATTRACTORS

For instance - cephalization is required for pedal locomotion.

All walking organisms have a head end, and a tail end.

So here's the question:

HOW does nature know about this requirement?

Because cephalization long precedes pedal locomotion in evolution.

The answer is ATTRACTORS.

You can learn about the basic ATTRACTORS (like limit cycles) in control systems theory. And you can learn about the dimensionality in catastrophe theory.

But here's the thing - FRACTAL ATTRACTORS exist, they're practically ubiquitous in biology. Their spectra are associated with power laws.

We are JUST NOW learning how they work. The first fractal molecules have been discovered, and scientists are figuring out why and how they self-assemble.

An ATTRACTOR raises the probability of an outcome, and a nonlinear attractor can ensure an outcome in the distant future.

Wrong again. Selection is not random. I have corrected this error by you 100 times. When are you going to learn?

"Only"

Another strawman. Did anyone say fishes and mammals can ONLY come in that shape? Nope.

Last edited:
I think the prospect of finding life (or evidence of past life) on Europa is wishful thinking. But that shouldn’t stop us from exploring our solar system and beyond. Its never a waste of time

Wrong again. Selection is not random. I have corrected this error by you 100 times. When are you going to learn?

"Only"

Another strawman. Did anyone say fishes and mammals can ONLY come in that shape? Nope.
So who does the “selection” if it’s not “random”?

To Europa? Of course we will. Do you mean, human visitors? OK, maybe. I don't see a good reason to try that.

Compulsive, offtopic cult seizure ignored.

But no we will not find those species on Europa. See, this is another opportunity for you to see what happens, when you refuse to learn anything about evolution
Please share with us how you KNOW what will or will not be found in the oceans of Europa.

Forum List

Back