If You Had Twenty Million Dollars, How Would You Spend It?

And a house on the water with ocean access

50marauder_GTR.jpg

I'm sure this isn't the first time this topic has crossed the minds of most ofs... the amounts and the dreams differ.
I wish my mom was still alive so I could do so many things for her. I'd give every single cent to have her again.
But... impossible, so...
Take care of my kids with a home of their choice and a bucket of money.
Hubby and I are vehicle whores... we have lists.
Stay here but build fantastic, big ole log cabin type house
Use some of the acreage for a big ole dog farm to rescue dogs.
Give a few bucketfulls to a few charities and vet programs.
Waste waste waste

It's interesting to note that those on the Left would spend the money, and those on the right would invest it.

How did you arrive at that conclusion?

An observation of the posts in this thread.
Would you say that I am politically left or right?

A Pushme-Pullyu. :laugh:

More issue oriented than partisan.
very true.

Good. As am I.

Imagine you hit a lottery and you receive $20,000,000, tax free. What would you do with all that money?

Invest $15 million and live off the interest.

Use some of the other to day trade/buy things.
Provided you are able to maintain a well diversified and productive investment program, I believe you have the right idea.

With five million dollars one can buy a fine home, furnish it well and set up a comfortable lifestyle. The interest coming from $15,000,000 investments would provide sufficient income for a life of leisure.

20 million dollars...I'd have to sit back with some real thoughtful people for a few months and figure it out.
Help some people with real bad vision get lasic, get some people state-of-the-art hearing aids and help some of people I know with orthopedic issues get the right therapy and equipment.

Forum List

Back