If you have any doubt of........

Can you elaborate? What message did you derive from the story and how does it eliminate any doubt in the power of God?

Can you elaborate? What message did you derive from the story and how does it eliminate any doubt in the power of God?

Don't climb a mountain alone?

God will say 'trust me' and will let you die if you don't instead of just saying 'you are only a few feet from the ground' ?

God will say 'trust me' and will let you die if you don't instead of just saying 'you are only a few feet from the ground' ?
Funny. :lol:

The climber's attachment to this world (the rope representing this life/world) was more powerful than his trust in God to save him.

Last edited:

The climber's attachment to this world was more powerful than his trust in God to save him.

according to this story, God didn't save him.

How inspiring!

The climber's attachment to this world was more powerful than his trust in God to save him.

Yes, that is why he died on the rope. He clung to the rope for dear life rather than cut it. His attachment to this life/world was more powerful than his trust in God to save him.

Yes, that is why he died on the rope. He clung to the rope for dear life rather than cut it. His attachment to this life/world was more powerful than his trust in God to save him.

But the story is supposed to be about Gods power in your life. God could have as easily said, 'you are only a few feet from the ground, cut the rope', instead of, 'trust me, cut the rope." A voice in your head while dangling on a rope, perhaps freezing and having altitude related delusions is hardly the time for a God to start playing 'do you trust me' games.

Are you conducting a study on the detrimental effects of gobbledygook on the mind?

But the story is supposed to be about Gods power in your life. God could have as easily said, 'you are only a few feet from the ground, cut the rope', instead of, 'trust me, cut the rope." A voice in your head while dangling on a rope, perhaps freezing and having altitude related delusions is hardly the time for a God to start playing 'do you trust me' games
To me, the story has nothing to do with God's power. If you believe in God, it is understood God had the power to save the climber. But the climber did not trust God to save him. He trusted his own instincts driven by his fierce attachment to this life/world.

But the story is supposed to be about Gods power in your life. God could have as easily said, 'you are only a few feet from the ground, cut the rope', instead of, 'trust me, cut the rope." A voice in your head while dangling on a rope, perhaps freezing and having altitude related delusions is hardly the time for a God to start playing 'do you trust me' games
To me, the story has nothing to do with God's power. If you believe in God, it is understood God had the power to save the climber. But the climber did not trust God to save him. He trusted his own instincts driven by his fierce attachment to this life/world.

If he cut the rope, attachment to this life/world, how would he be any different than the saint of Campbell, California, pushing around a shopping cart in the name of the voice in his head?

Are you conducting a study on the detrimental effects of gobbledygook on the mind?

If he cut the rope, attachment to this life/world, how would he be any different than the saint of Campbell, California, pushing around a shopping cart in the name of the voice in his head?
It was not God's voice the climber heard. It was his own inner voice/instinct. Had he went with his initial instinct, he would have cut the rope and lived.

Why do you ask this question, Hobelim?

jesus2.jpg

How many saints do you know who have thousands of people believing his testimony of our invisible Creator?

How many saints do you know who have thousands of people believing his testimony of our invisible Creator?

I heard there are some who fancy themselves saints of the Lord who have tens of thousands of believers lapping up their tripe and they are living large. No shopping carts involved.

I heard that another lunatic once claimed to have a legion. He was more like you, running around naked and shouting incoherent gibberish among the tombstones......

God's power in your life click The Rope.

Boy what a STRONG MESSAGE!!

:clap2:

Ha! Ha! Dude, this is a master piece ministry tool! Bravo! I have to tell you! I wan't going to read the link as I have more than enough reading material but for some reason I thought, why not? I did not click your link immediately but rather took at look at all the resistance there was to it.. The usual crowd doing their thing.....Hobelim & Pacer....I knew there must be something good in that link or they would not be trying to do everything they could to discredit it! So I looked at it and it is quite brilliant! I like it very much, the message is perfectly sound and comes across clear and strong.

The trouble is you met up with a few who would rather hang onto that rope --even in broad daylight - rather than to survive hell and admit God saved them from it. You see, for some their bitterness is so great - they will choose hell with their eyes wide open. Sad but true. Thank you for the demonstration of Gods salvation. I do not believe I have found a better thread all week and for that I nominate for Best Thread of the Week Award.

Well done, Dude.

Well done.

- Jeri

Elaborate?? Ha! ha! How do you elaborate on someone being a fool, Pacer? Are their levels? Does one go to college or a university to become a greater fool?

It is written:

The fool says in his heart there is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

- Psalm 14: 1

Is that plain enough for you?

-Jeri

Last edited:

How inspiring!

He wouldn't let God save him. He rejected what God told him to do and landed in hell. People do it every single day. Do not marvel at the foolish of man. Your surrounded by it every day.

I would not call the death of this man without God inspirational but I guess if one is looking at it from Satans perspective it would cause them to say such a thing.

Such thinking comes from a reprobate mind. ( see Romans 1 )

- Jeri

Forum List

Back