If you have tattoos I need your advice

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
It's not so much for me as I have plenty of tattoos but for my ex. As many of you know she went through breast cancer a while back. Both breasts were removed and implants put in. Enough time has passed that the scarring has pretty much healed all its going to. Sadly the scars are extensive and pretty much cover the entirety of her chest. She had originally planned on getting just the nipples done but after seeing her scars I've convinced her that some tasteful ink would make her feel better. (The scars are really bad)

So my question is have you or anyone you know used ink to cover nasty scars and if so did it turn out better or did it make a bad situation worse?

I love my ink but my ink was done for artistic expression and not psycological or self esteem reasons.

Thanks for any experienced input and PLEASE refrain from trolling

Depends on the level of scarring. Tattooing over scar tissue might not look all that great, and it may cause her pain as the skin is more sensitive in these areas.
I have three tattoos, one of which I got to cover a small scar on my wrist. The scar wasn't visible to anyone looking, but since I knew it was there, getting it covered made me feel a lot better.

I'd do some research, see what your local tattoo parlor thinks. Let them take a look at the skin and see if its possible to get something done. I would also seek a health professionals advice - find out if the skin is strong enough to cope, and won't tear or inflame.

• Banned
She has no feeling in her breasts now so I don't think sensitivity is a problem.

As to further medical advice I think she's beyond that now. The cancer has possibly spread to her back/spine and I'm just looking to give her a little repreave from all the depressing bullshit she has to deal with

Forum List

Back