If you like Baseball you might be a racist

I don't follow professional baseball... I am a Pirates fan.
Come on....just below .500 isn't so bad......

We arguably have one of the worst owners in the league and we've only boasted three barely winning seasons in two decades. I still love them, but I am frustrated. Thankfully we have one of the most lovely parks in all of MLB.

84a8c5c7-bc73-4fc1-a7c7-79ec35e375b7_332a3f30441dc8600e93bc97af625206.jpg

Last edited:
Also, this article came across as terribly whiny. The author of this piece seems to be genuinely surprised that some fans can be raging shit birds. This is one of the first lessons you learn in organized sports. At any level.

Also, this article came across as terribly whiny. The author of this piece seems to be genuinely surprised that some fans can be raging shit birds. This is one of the first lessons you learn in organized sports. At any level.

Do you have a comment on the point of the linked article?

Never mind the fact that it was WHITE team owner -Branch Rickey- who gave Jackie Robinson the break and put him on the Dodgers.
What other color team owners were there in 1947?
How many today?

Is that a reason to deny Rickey the credit for his actions?
It is a reason to mock his bragging that it was a white owner who hired Jackie Robinson
It was white owners who segregated baseball for over 50 years

Interesting on why baseball would be segregated. Baseball had no teams in Jim Crow America. There were no laws saying you must be segregated. They decided that on their own

I don't believe baseball has a white problem. Or any other race problem. It appears to have an issue with whiny people looking to feel victimized, which is quite a common occurrence. Everybody wants a seat on the struggle bus.

Never mind the fact that it was WHITE team owner -Branch Rickey- who gave Jackie Robinson the break and put him on the Dodgers.
How many today?

It is a reason to mock his bragging that it was a white owner who hired Jackie Robinson

Interesting on why baseball would be segregated. Baseball had no teams in Jim Crow America. There were no laws saying you must be segregated. They decided that on their own

Does Rickey deserve credit for his actions?

I don't believe baseball has a white problem. Or any other race problem. It appears to have an issue with whiny people looking to feel victimized, which is quite a common occurrence. Everybody wants a seat on the struggle bus.

I agree. Thank you.

How many today?

Of course
It was not the comment that Rickey integrated baseball but that a WHITE man did

Last edited:
How many today?

Of course
It was not the comment that Rickey integrated baseball but that a white man did

You do not hesitate to assign blame to Whites as a group, but feel a need to strike back against giving credit to Whites as a group, even on a very minor matter of historical trivia.

Why?

How many today?

Of course

You do not hesitate to assign blame to Whites as a group, but feel a need to strike back against giving credit to Whites as a group, even on a very minor matter of historical trivia.

Why?
Segregated baseball was not a minor piece of historical trivia

And yes, whites were responsible

We arguably have one of the worst owners in the league and we've only boasted three barely winning seasons in two decades. I still love them, but I am frustrated. Thankfully we have one of the most lovely parks in all of MLB.

This is the ballpark that was featured in the opening scene of "Jack Reacher". Good movie. Rosamund Pike has some great legs!

:muahaha:

This is the ballpark that was featured in the opening scene of "Jack Reacher". Good movie. Rosamund Pike has some great legs!

:muahaha:

Great movie. Rosamund Pike has more legs than a spider. :lol:

Think we copied your style. I haven't been there yet, maybe this year if they keep rolling.
b696315c731a3583298c141ba2713e7f.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

Of course

Why?

The race of the man that hired Jackson is historical trivia.

You have demonstrated here, that you are fine with assigning BLAME to Whites, as a group, but feel a need to fight against giving any CREDIT to Whites as a group.

Why?

Think we copied your style. I haven't been there yet, maybe this year if they keep rolling.
This is the Minnesota Twins stadium? Why does it have the Chicago C?

I've been to couple games at Target Field. It is a great stadium as well, but it appears to be cursed for the Pirates. I've always been a fan of small seating capacity stadiums as it makes the experience feel more intimate.

Of course

Why?

The race of the man that hired Jackson is historical trivia.

You have demonstrated here, that you are fine with assigning BLAME to Whites, as a group, but feel a need to fight against giving any CREDIT to Whites as a group.

Why?
There is nobody else to blame but WHITES for the segregation of baseball

They were the only ones who could desegregate it

Forum List

Back