if you were in that concert hall..would you want a gun...a poll

If you were in that concert hall in France...would you want a gun for self defense?

• Yes

Votes: 48 87.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 12.7%

• Total voters
See what I mean? You melt down at the first sign of logic.

Look, I saw a poll question, I came, I saw, I answered. It's instructive who the fucking aggressors are here.

Your answer is so stupid. I cannot even believe it.

It's an answer, not a fallacy like Bustball's endless drivel, and not a parroted meme like yours. Like it or lump it.

It's a bunch of partisan ideological bullshit is all it is. If you were personally in that situation, I can guarantee you would want a gun.

And I can guarantee you're dead wrong.

If I'd taken the advice of the gun nutter fetishists around here I'd have been dead by now, I can guarantee that too.

Yes, but you don't know anything about guns or shooting, do you?

Just enough.

Riddle me this -- poll question like the OP -- let's say you have a handgun, and you're pretty good with it, fast enough. You're walking near your house, armed, and you notice a plain-looking car screech to a halt, two guys you've never seen before jump out, start to pull guns and they're running toward you. There's no one else around or behind them.

You've got time to react. What do you do?

What did I make up? I asked you a question, you seem to think that shooting someone, specifically someone who is shooting at you is easy.

I think it is obvious that you probably don't know anything about guns or shootings. :eusa_hand: If the opportunity comes up, I would want to be armed to take the shot and save myself and maybe some others. If you want to cower and cry during your last moments, be my guest.

I find it interesting that you call it an "opportunity". Wonder why I find that eloquent...

Because that is what it is. A window of opportunity. If I have a gun and they turn their backs on me, that is my opportunity.

If somebody else in the crowd sees you with a gun is it OK if they mistake you for one of the bad guys and shoots you with theirs?

I'm sure the other hostages know what is happening. :rolleyes-41: Stop making ridiculous arguments.

How would they know? How do you account for the status of hundreds of other people that you've never met?

Oh, now you are going to make shit up? Just answer the question of the OP. Nobody cares about your made up stories about yourself.

What did I make up? I asked you a question, you seem to think that shooting someone, specifically someone who is shooting at you is easy.

I think it is obvious that you probably don't know anything about guns or shootings. :eusa_hand: If the opportunity comes up, I would want to be armed to take the shot and save myself and maybe some others. If you want to cower and cry during your last moments, be my guest.

I own a gun.

ROFL. Sure you do. Sure. And we all believe you too! :itsok:

Doesn't really matter if you believe me or not, I have no reason to lie.

Why on earth do you own a gun if you wouldn't even use it to protect yourself?

Ever been shot at?

Oh, now you are going to make shit up? Just answer the question of the OP. Nobody cares about your made up stories about yourself.

I find it interesting that you call it an "opportunity". Wonder why I find that eloquent...

Are you trying to insinuate that I'm a big bad killer or something? :lol: Hilarious yet . . . pathetic too.
I'm certainly not an "expert" shooter, not even close, but I've been target shooting before, and it isn't all that hard. Why you people act as if you need a degree in rocket science to aim and pull a trigger, I do not know.

Ever been shot at?

I own a gun.

BB or Paintball? :ack-1:

I own a gun.

Of course you do! A lot of anti-rights people claim they own guns. They are full of it though. They fear and hate guns.

EDIT: Oops, I responded to the wrong post, sorry.

Are you trying to insinuate that I'm a big bad killer or something? :lol: Hilarious yet . . . pathetic too.
Ever been shot at?

I own a gun.

BB or Paintball? :ack-1:

God damn it, aren't cap guns still in fashion?

Your answer is so stupid. I cannot even believe it.

It's an answer, not a fallacy like Bustball's endless drivel, and not a parroted meme like yours. Like it or lump it.

It's a bunch of partisan ideological bullshit is all it is. If you were personally in that situation, I can guarantee you would want a gun.

And I can guarantee you're dead wrong.

If I'd taken the advice of the gun nutter fetishists around here I'd have been dead by now, I can guarantee that too.

Yes, but you don't know anything about guns or shooting, do you?

Just enough.

Riddle me this -- poll question like the OP -- let's say you have a handgun, and you're pretty good with it, fast enough. You're walking near your house, armed, and you notice a plain-looking car screech to a halt, two guys you've never seen before jump out, start to pull guns and they're running toward you. There's no one else around or behind them.

You've got time to react. What do you do?

Who do you think you are, the Joker?

I doubt you know anything about guns. You are probably too frightened to hold one because you might shoot yourself! :D

Do the two men identify themselves as police officers, which is the LAW? Sorry, buddy, you aren't going to catch me in your trick questions.

I own a gun.

Of course you do! A lot of anti-rights people claim they own guns. They are full of it though. They fear and hate guns.

What rights have I claimed I'm against? And there is a difference between respect and fear/hate for guns. Dipshit.

Oh, resorting to name calling. How mature. You are the reason why discussions devolve into name calling sessions. Go take your medicine.

I own a gun.

A sure sign you are losing the argument, when you have to resort to calling a person a "dipshit" for no reason.

I own a gun.

What rights have I claimed I'm against? And there is a difference between respect and fear/hate for guns. Dipshit.

Oh, resorting to name calling. How mature. You are the reason why discussions devolve into name calling sessions. Go take your medicine.

You're being a dipshit, I can't help it. What rights have I claimed I'm against?

You're being a dipshit, I can't help it. What rights have I claimed I'm against?

The right to self defense.

I own a gun.

I've got at least three guns. :eek:

Wanna see 'em?
cdc7152d-3143-4e2d-a15d-22857596412f_400.jpg
staple-gun.jpg

:disbelief: Well imagine that. Things used for CONstruction instead of DEstruction. WHO KNEW.
thud.gif

Um, no sorry, you are the only one resorting to name calling here. That means, you are ready for a nap because you are too old to have an argument.

I own a gun.

I've got three guns. :eek:

Wanna see 'em?
staple-gun.jpg

:disbelief: Well imagine that. Things used for CONstruction instead of DEstruction. WHO KNEW.
thud.gif

Our 2nd amendment right is one of the MOST important of all of our rights. You need to read the federalist papers so that you can understand.

I own a gun.

Wanna see 'em?
staple-gun.jpg

thud.gif

Our 2nd amendment right is one of the MOST important of all of our rights. You need to read the federalist papers so that you can understand.

What in the wide world of blue fuck does that have to do with my post?
smiley-think005.gif

Good news --- found another gun. I have more than I thought:

soldering_gun.jpg

I'm certainly not an "expert" shooter, not even close, but I've been target shooting before, and it isn't all that hard. Why you people act as if you need a degree in rocket science to aim and pull a trigger, I do not know.

Ever been shot at?

Because you are a victim tard. To you there is no hope unless the government saves you. The second a bad guy turns his eyes away from you is the time to act. They are going to experience tunnel vision unless they are exceptionally well trained (highly doubtful, but certainly possible) so that gives you the chance to drop them. There's nothing heroic, you're not staring them down like in the movies, you're hopefully shooting them in the back when they aren't looking at you.

I own a gun.

A sure sign you are losing the argument, when you have to resort to calling a person a "dipshit" for no reason.

The right to self defense.

Yeah, if you were at my house, I wouldn't let you come in with your gun, that's for sure. You have vigilante view of gun ownership.
I own a gun.

Wanna see 'em?
staple-gun.jpg

thud.gif

You should at least have a clear understanding of your capabilities with your gun before you are allowed to endanger everyone else with it. Didn't you already say you didn't have a lot of experience?

Wanna see 'em?
staple-gun.jpg

thud.gif

What in the wide world of blue fuck does that have to do with my post?
smiley-think005.gif

Guns are for self defense and not "destruction." The only ones who want destruction are the criminals, who it seems people like you would love to see have the upper hand over citizens.

If you notice, we didn't have these problems with school shootings until relatively recently, but people have ALWAYS had guns.

Because that is what it is. A window of opportunity. If I have a gun and they turn their backs on me, that is my opportunity.

If somebody else in the crowd sees you with a gun is it OK if they mistake you for one of the bad guys and shoots you with theirs?

The bad guys tend to have big guns. Trust me the average person won't ever notice a CCW carrier in the crowd.

Ever been shot at?

Because you are a victim tard. To you there is no hope unless the government saves you. The second a bad guy turns his eyes away from you is the time to act. They are going to experience tunnel vision unless they are exceptionally well trained (highly doubtful, but certainly possible) so that gives you the chance to drop them. There's nothing heroic, you're not staring them down like in the movies, you're hopefully shooting them in the back when they aren't looking at you.

Exactly. I think the perpetrators are usually not expert shooters either. In a lot of terrorist situation, they are young, pretty much kids with guns and I'm sure they are also very nervous and inexperienced. I would definitely take my chances with having a gun. What do I have to lose at that point?

Forum List

Back