if you were in that concert hall..would you want a gun...a poll

If you were in that concert hall in France...would you want a gun for self defense?

• Yes

Votes: 48 87.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 12.7%

• Total voters
A better question, would I want hundreds of others to have guns shooting each other in the dark? Probably not.

ridiculous ! , if someone pulls out an AK-47 and starts shooting people, you will know who it is needs
to be shot. Its your very outlook that made sure those people were defenseless

Ever been shot at?

Oh, now you are going to make shit up? Just answer the question of the OP. Nobody cares about your made up stories about yourself.

What did I make up? I asked you a question, you seem to think that shooting someone, specifically someone who is shooting at you is easy.

I think it is obvious that you probably don't know anything about guns or shootings. :eusa_hand: If the opportunity comes up, I would want to be armed to take the shot and save myself and maybe some others. If you want to cower and cry during your last moments, be my guest.

I find it interesting that you call it an "opportunity". Wonder why I find that eloquent...

Because you are a victim tard. To you there is no hope unless the government saves you. The second a bad guy turns his eyes away from you is the time to act. They are going to experience tunnel vision unless they are exceptionally well trained (highly doubtful, but certainly possible) so that gives you the chance to drop them. There's nothing heroic, you're not staring them down like in the movies, you're hopefully shooting them in the back when they aren't looking at you.

Where did I express a fucking word about "government"?

The fallacy quiver would seem to be bottomless.

As for "victim tard".....

Um, no sorry, you are the only one resorting to name calling here. That means, you are ready for a nap because you are too old to have an argument.

Off you go Junior.

What did I make up? I asked you a question, you seem to think that shooting someone, specifically someone who is shooting at you is easy.

I think it is obvious that you probably don't know anything about guns or shootings. :eusa_hand: If the opportunity comes up, I would want to be armed to take the shot and save myself and maybe some others. If you want to cower and cry during your last moments, be my guest.

I find it interesting that you call it an "opportunity". Wonder why I find that eloquent...

Because that is what it is. A window of opportunity. If I have a gun and they turn their backs on me, that is my opportunity.

If somebody else in the crowd sees you with a gun is it OK if they mistake you for one of the bad guys and shoots you with theirs?

The bad guys tend to have big guns. Trust me the average person won't ever notice a CCW carrier in the crowd.

Trust you? Don't think so.

ROFL. Sure you do. Sure. And we all believe you too! :itsok:

Doesn't really matter if you believe me or not, I have no reason to lie.

Of course you do! A lot of anti-rights people claim they own guns. They are full of it though. They fear and hate guns.

EDIT: Oops, I responded to the wrong post, sorry.

A sure sign you are losing the argument, when you have to resort to calling a person a "dipshit" for no reason.
Of course you do! A lot of anti-rights people claim they own guns. They are full of it though. They fear and hate guns.

What rights have I claimed I'm against? And there is a difference between respect and fear/hate for guns. Dipshit.

Oh, resorting to name calling. How mature. You are the reason why discussions devolve into name calling sessions. Go take your medicine.

You're being a dipshit, I can't help it. What rights have I claimed I'm against?

The right to self defense.

Yeah, if you were at my house, I wouldn't let you come in with your gun, that's for sure. You have vigilante view of gun ownership.
ROFL. Sure you do. Sure. And we all believe you too! :itsok:

Why on earth do you own a gun if you wouldn't even use it to protect yourself?

I've got three guns. :eek:

Wanna see 'em?
cdc7152d-3143-4e2d-a15d-22857596412f_400.jpg
staple-gun.jpg

:disbelief: Well imagine that. Things used for CONstruction instead of DEstruction. WHO KNEW.
thud.gif

Our 2nd amendment right is one of the MOST important of all of our rights. You need to read the federalist papers so that you can understand.

You should at least have a clear understanding of your capabilities with your gun before you are allowed to endanger everyone else with it. Didn't you already say you didn't have a lot of experience?

Nobody wants to come to your house, nerd.

Oh, now you are going to make shit up? Just answer the question of the OP. Nobody cares about your made up stories about yourself.

Because you are a victim tard. To you there is no hope unless the government saves you. The second a bad guy turns his eyes away from you is the time to act. They are going to experience tunnel vision unless they are exceptionally well trained (highly doubtful, but certainly possible) so that gives you the chance to drop them. There's nothing heroic, you're not staring them down like in the movies, you're hopefully shooting them in the back when they aren't looking at you.

Um, no sorry, you are the only one resorting to name calling here. That means, you are ready for a nap because you are too old to have an argument.

Off you go Junior.

What's that supposed to mean? Care to elaborate? Why are you being such a stinking jerkface anyway?

A sure sign you are losing the argument, when you have to resort to calling a person a "dipshit" for no reason.
What rights have I claimed I'm against? And there is a difference between respect and fear/hate for guns. Dipshit.

Oh, resorting to name calling. How mature. You are the reason why discussions devolve into name calling sessions. Go take your medicine.

You're being a dipshit, I can't help it. What rights have I claimed I'm against?

Yeah, if you were at my house, I wouldn't let you come in with your gun, that's for sure. You have vigilante view of gun ownership.

Wanna see 'em?
staple-gun.jpg

:disbelief: Well imagine that. Things used for CONstruction instead of DEstruction. WHO KNEW.
thud.gif

Our 2nd amendment right is one of the MOST important of all of our rights. You need to read the federalist papers so that you can understand.

You should at least have a clear understanding of your capabilities with your gun before you are allowed to endanger everyone else with it. Didn't you already say you didn't have a lot of experience?

Oh, don't assume it was an invitation.

Wanna see 'em?
staple-gun.jpg

thud.gif

Nobody cares.

It's an answer, not a fallacy like Bustball's endless drivel, and not a parroted meme like yours. Like it or lump it.

It's a bunch of partisan ideological bullshit is all it is. If you were personally in that situation, I can guarantee you would want a gun.

And I can guarantee you're dead wrong.

If I'd taken the advice of the gun nutter fetishists around here I'd have been dead by now, I can guarantee that too.

Yes, but you don't know anything about guns or shooting, do you?

Just enough.

Riddle me this -- poll question like the OP -- let's say you have a handgun, and you're pretty good with it, fast enough. You're walking near your house, armed, and you notice a plain-looking car screech to a halt, two guys you've never seen before jump out, start to pull guns and they're running toward you. There's no one else around or behind them.

You've got time to react. What do you do?

Who do you think you are, the Joker?

I doubt you know anything about guns. You are probably too frightened to hold one because you might shoot yourself! :D

Do the two men identify themselves as police officers, which is the LAW? Sorry, buddy, you aren't going to catch me in your trick questions.

No, nothing like that. Nor are they in a uniform or wearing badges. They're just .... guys who jumped out of an Oldsmobile. That's all you know. You have a moment to react. You're out in the open, not near a building, a bush, a car or anything.

What do you do?

Off you go Junior.

Because you moron, if the INDIVIDUAL can't defend themselves who will do it? Superman? My gosh but you are truly stupid.

Wanna see 'em?
staple-gun.jpg

thud.gif

Nobody cares.

Seriously, stop begging.

Off you go Junior.

What's that supposed to mean? Care to elaborate? Why are you being such a stinking jerkface anyway?

Because he is a stinking jerkface. He provides nothing beneficial to the discussion.

Off you go Junior.

Because you moron, if the INDIVIDUAL can't defend themselves who will do it? Superman? My gosh but you are truly stupid.

Where is that "law enforcement" definition of mass shooting that you should have fetched by now?

It's a bunch of partisan ideological bullshit is all it is. If you were personally in that situation, I can guarantee you would want a gun.

If I'd taken the advice of the gun nutter fetishists around here I'd have been dead by now, I can guarantee that too.

Just enough.

Riddle me this -- poll question like the OP -- let's say you have a handgun, and you're pretty good with it, fast enough. You're walking near your house, armed, and you notice a plain-looking car screech to a halt, two guys you've never seen before jump out, start to pull guns and they're running toward you. There's no one else around or behind them.

I doubt you know anything about guns. You are probably too frightened to hold one because you might shoot yourself! :D

Do the two men identify themselves as police officers, which is the LAW? Sorry, buddy, you aren't going to catch me in your trick questions.

No, nothing like that. Nor are they in a uniform or wearing badges. They're just .... guys who jumped out of an Oldsmobile. That's all you know. You have a moment to react. You're out in the open, not near a building, a bush, a car or anything.

What do you do?

That's fucking retarded. ARe they cops? If they are cops, they HAVE to identify themselves. That is where you are trying to go. Don't think you are fooling anyone or that you are a smarty pants.

A better question, would I want hundreds of others to have guns shooting each other in the dark? Probably not.

yeah...better that only the killers have the guns..right? that worked out so well for the French....

Bending a terrorist attack into your own personal pet-peeve is horrendous enough. Predicting you know what would have happened if the theater was in Alabama is something else.
No one is bending anything you idiot. They were UNARMED and that IS a fact. MOST cops there are UNARMED and that IS a fact.
Would am ARMED DEFENDER still have died? Most likely BUT others MAY have lived BECAUSE of it.

Is this thread about conceal carry in public venues or arming police? They are completely separate things. Why don't you put that 214 IQ of yours to work and think before you post.

Police cannot be everywhere, and as a matter of fact, police are visible and can be taken out preemptively by terrorists. Im sad that you would be NOT willing to carry a gun, even to have saved someone else life in paris.
A lot of lives could have been saved by one or two armed civilians with cool heads. Im saddened by your low view of your fellow citizens

Off you go Junior.

Yuh huh. So you pulled yet another ass-sumption out of your quiver. Or perhaps the other way around.

Just enough.

What do you do?

That's fucking retarded. ARe they cops? If they are cops, they HAVE to identify themselves. That is where you are trying to go. Don't think you are fooling anyone or that you are a smarty pants.

So your answer is --- you freeze and do nothing. You took way too much time here.

Wasted your money on the gun then.

And btw your polyanna belief that "they have to identify themselves, therefore that's what happens in real life" would be cute if it weren't so tragically naïve. This is real life, not TV.

Yeah they were cops, and no they never identified themselves as such (I had to figure that out), and the point is if I had been packing and drew, then at least some of us would have gone down; and if I had NOT drawn and was frisked, I prolly would have been sent up for murder. For no other reason than that it would have been convenient for them.

Yay guns. What a brilliant idea that would have been. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Off you go Junior.

Where is that "law enforcement" definition of mass shooting that you should have fetched by now?

A mass shooting is 4 or more people. Normally, they do NOT describe a massacre of a family by a family member as a "mass shooting." Have you ever heard them refer to that situation as a mass shooting?

yeah...better that only the killers have the guns..right? that worked out so well for the French....

Bending a terrorist attack into your own personal pet-peeve is horrendous enough. Predicting you know what would have happened if the theater was in Alabama is something else.
No one is bending anything you idiot. They were UNARMED and that IS a fact. MOST cops there are UNARMED and that IS a fact.
Would am ARMED DEFENDER still have died? Most likely BUT others MAY have lived BECAUSE of it.

Is this thread about conceal carry in public venues or arming police? They are completely separate things. Why don't you put that 214 IQ of yours to work and think before you post.

Police cannot be everywhere, and as a matter of fact, police are visible and can be taken out preemptively by terrorists. Im sad that you would be NOT willing to carry a gun, even to have saved someone else life in paris.
A lot of lives could have been saved by one or two armed civilians with cool heads. Im saddened by your low view of your fellow citizens

A lot of more lives could have been lost, it's a crapshoot.

Just enough.

What do you do?

So your answer is --- you freeze and do nothing.

That is not the scenario. The scenario given is that in the concert hall in France. Stop trying to move the goal posts and make up silly scenarios to support your ridiculous position.

Just enough.

What do you do?

So your answer is --- you freeze and do nothing.

That is not the scenario. The scenario given is that in the concert hall in France. Stop trying to move the goal posts and make up silly scenarios to support your ridiculous position.

It's a surprise mass shooting, in reality, you don't get to choose the scenario.

Forum List

Back