if you were in that concert hall..would you want a gun...a poll

If you were in that concert hall in France...would you want a gun for self defense?

• Yes

Votes: 48 87.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 12.7%

• Total voters
That's fucking retarded. ARe they cops? If they are cops, they HAVE to identify themselves. That is where you are trying to go. Don't think you are fooling anyone or that you are a smarty pants.

So your answer is --- you freeze and do nothing.

Wasted your money on the gun then.

It's not the same scenario as given in the OP at ALL. Just because I wouldn't just haul off and shoot people in ALL situations, does not mean my gun wouldn't be a valuable self defense weapon at ANY time.

The more you try to argue your way out of the paper bag, the more wet and silly you look.

I never said it was the "same scenario as the OP". If it were the same thing I wouldn't have had to DESCRIBE it -- would I ?
:banghead:

Well that is the scenario we are discussing here. Not your made up silliness. Stick to the thread topic. In the situation presented in the OP, I do in fact think I would have an opportunity, and when I did, I would use my weapon most definitely and without hesitation.

Uh -- that's not made up. That's drawn from real life, and happened exactly as described. Again, these things happen in split-seconds. You don't get to put the comic book down, go get a milkshake and mull it over. It's in the NOW.

And those aspects are exactly cognate to the scenario in the OP.

Wassamatta? Meme not holding up?

Your fears and paranoia are your own problems. If I want to have a gun to protect myself, that is none of your fucking business. Got that? It is MY right to do so. You can go fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

Just enough.

Riddle me this -- poll question like the OP -- let's say you have a handgun, and you're pretty good with it, fast enough. You're walking near your house, armed, and you notice a plain-looking car screech to a halt, two guys you've never seen before jump out, start to pull guns and they're running toward you. There's no one else around or behind them.

You've got time to react. What do you do?

Who do you think you are, the Joker?

I doubt you know anything about guns. You are probably too frightened to hold one because you might shoot yourself! :D

Do the two men identify themselves as police officers, which is the LAW? Sorry, buddy, you aren't going to catch me in your trick questions.

No, nothing like that. Nor are they in a uniform or wearing badges. They're just .... guys who jumped out of an Oldsmobile. That's all you know. You have a moment to react. You're out in the open, not near a building, a bush, a car or anything.

What do you do?

That's fucking retarded. ARe they cops? If they are cops, they HAVE to identify themselves. That is where you are trying to go. Don't think you are fooling anyone or that you are a smarty pants.

So your answer is --- you freeze and do nothing. You took way too much time here.

And btw your polyanna belief that "they have to identify themselves, therefore that's what happens in real life" would be cute if it weren't so tragically naïve. This is real life, not TV.

Yeah they were cops, and no they never identified themselves as such (I had to figure that out), and the point is if I had been packing and drew, then at least some of us would have gone down; and if I had NOT drawn and was frisked, I prolly would have been sent up for murder. For no other reason than that it would have been convenient for them.

Yay guns. What a brilliant idea that would have been. :rolleyes:

Ummmm, no. That is YOUR solution dumb ass. We are going to shoot back. You're going to try and dig a hole in the cement floor and hope they don't see you. Good luck with that...

So you would have shot at these cops huh?
Would you have waited for them to draw first? Or shoot first?

You can answer however you like -- I'm aware I'm dealing with Captain Roadster who can drive to St. Louis in two minutes... :eusa_whistle:

I doubt you know anything about guns. You are probably too frightened to hold one because you might shoot yourself! :D

Do the two men identify themselves as police officers, which is the LAW? Sorry, buddy, you aren't going to catch me in your trick questions.

No, nothing like that. Nor are they in a uniform or wearing badges. They're just .... guys who jumped out of an Oldsmobile. That's all you know. You have a moment to react. You're out in the open, not near a building, a bush, a car or anything.

What do you do?

So your answer is --- you freeze and do nothing. You took way too much time here.

And btw your polyanna belief that "they have to identify themselves, therefore that's what happens in real life" would be cute if it weren't so tragically naïve. This is real life, not TV.

Yeah they were cops, and no they never identified themselves as such (I had to figure that out), and the point is if I had been packing and drew, then at least some of us would have gone down; and if I had NOT drawn and was frisked, I prolly would have been sent up for murder. For no other reason than that it would have been convenient for them.

Ummmm, no. That is YOUR solution dumb ass. We are going to shoot back. You're going to try and dig a hole in the cement floor and hope they don't see you. Good luck with that...

You can answer however you like -- I'm aware I'm dealing with Captain Roadster who can drive to St. Louis in two minutes... :eusa_whistle:

I told you, moron, I'm not answering your silly made up scenarios. What WE are discussing is the scenario in the OP.

So your answer is --- you freeze and do nothing.

It's not the same scenario as given in the OP at ALL. Just because I wouldn't just haul off and shoot people in ALL situations, does not mean my gun wouldn't be a valuable self defense weapon at ANY time.

The more you try to argue your way out of the paper bag, the more wet and silly you look.

I never said it was the "same scenario as the OP". If it were the same thing I wouldn't have had to DESCRIBE it -- would I ?

Well that is the scenario we are discussing here. Not your made up silliness. Stick to the thread topic. In the situation presented in the OP, I do in fact think I would have an opportunity, and when I did, I would use my weapon most definitely and without hesitation.

Uh -- that's not made up. That's drawn from real life, and happened exactly as described. Again, these things happen in split-seconds. You don't get to put the comic book down, go get a milkshake and mull it over. It's in the NOW.

Your fears and paranoia are your own problems. If I want to have a gun to protect myself, that is none of your fucking
business. Got that? It is MY right to do so. You can go fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

That's the second time you've tried to divert off to "rights" without ever explaining the first one.

Helping yourself to Bustball's strawmen are we?

And just because a gun isn't appropriate for ALL situations, that certainly does not make it useless in the realm of self defense. In the OP scenario and what actually did happen in France, I think the chances are very good that an armed citizen would have had the opportunity to shoot.

Your fears and paranoia are your own problems. If I want to have a gun to protect myself, that is none of your fucking
business. Got that? It is MY right to do so. You can go fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

That's the second time you've tried to divert off to "rights" without ever explaining the first one.

Obviously, you are an anti-rights traitor to the American people and a government lackey. How can anyone have respect for someone like that? If you want to be a pussy in your life, that is fine, but don't you dare try to push that bullshit onto me.

No one is bending anything you idiot. They were UNARMED and that IS a fact. MOST cops there are UNARMED and that IS a fact.
Would am ARMED DEFENDER still have died? Most likely BUT others MAY have lived BECAUSE of it.

Is this thread about conceal carry in public venues or arming police? They are completely separate things. Why don't you put that 214 IQ of yours to work and think before you post.

Police cannot be everywhere, and as a matter of fact, police are visible and can be taken out preemptively by terrorists. Im sad that you would be NOT willing to carry a gun, even to have saved someone else life in paris.
A lot of lives could have been saved by one or two armed civilians with cool heads. Im saddened by your low view of your fellow citizens

A lot of more lives could have been lost, it's a crapshoot.

The terrorists would have been preoccupied at least when they were fired upon, others could have escaped instead of being slaughtered one at a time with 100 percent absolutely no hope chance. they knew they were going to die, and they knew no one would come to save them as they were next. Your going to sit there high and mighty
like that? You may be a very wonderful person in every other way, but your position on this IS ridiculous

You are so nice. So much nicer than me. :D I don't know how people can argue with some of these people and keep their cool. I want to rip out throats and poke out eyes, especially when it comes to my rights. :lol:

whoa whoa Chris,.... Im eating dinner ( I'm doing a visual on that now) haha

It's an answer, not a fallacy like Bustball's endless drivel, and not a parroted meme like yours. Like it or lump it.

It's a bunch of partisan ideological bullshit is all it is. If you were personally in that situation, I can guarantee you would want a gun.

And I can guarantee you're dead wrong.

If I'd taken the advice of the gun nutter fetishists around here I'd have been dead by now, I can guarantee that too.

Yes, but you don't know anything about guns or shooting, do you?

Just enough.

Riddle me this -- poll question like the OP -- let's say you have a handgun, and you're pretty good with it, fast enough. You're walking near your house, armed, and you notice a plain-looking car screech to a halt, two guys you've never seen before jump out, start to pull guns and they're running toward you. There's no one else around or behind them.

If I'd taken the advice of the gun nutter fetishists around here I'd have been dead by now, I can guarantee that too.

Just enough.

What do you do?

If their guns are out -- I play along. If not -- mine will be there first. Assuming I don't hear them identify themselves.

Good, thank you. Somebody's capable of a straight answer. So you draw first, if you can? What if they open fire, do you return? They don't identify themselves at all...

What do you do?

When you are losing you resort to the most ridiculous lies. It's almost funny how bad you're flailing away. Pathetic too, but funny.

What do you do?

When you are losing you resort to the most ridiculous lies. It's almost funny how bad you're flailing away. Pathetic too, but funny.

Still waiting for the definition of mass shooting from you.

Obviously, you are an anti-rights traitor to the American people and a government lackey. How can anyone have respect for someone like that? If you want to be a pussy in your life, that is fine, but don't you dare try to push that bullshit onto me.

Digging deeper and deeper into the strawman quiver.
I brought up nothing about "rights", noting about "governmet", nothing about "Amendments". Absolute Zero.
So why do you two keep trying to deflect there? Can't handle the point?

It's a bunch of partisan ideological bullshit is all it is. If you were personally in that situation, I can guarantee you would want a gun.

Just enough.

Just enough.

What do you do?

If their guns are out -- I play along. If not -- mine will be there first. Assuming I don't hear them identify themselves.

Good, thank you. Somebody's capable of a straight answer. So you draw first, if you can? What if they open fire, do you return? They don't identify themselves at all...

We HAVE been giving straight answers you twit. It's you who are shukin and jivin, and lyin..... Typical progressive.

Is this thread about conceal carry in public venues or arming police? They are completely separate things. Why don't you put that 214 IQ of yours to work and think before you post.

Police cannot be everywhere, and as a matter of fact, police are visible and can be taken out preemptively by terrorists. Im sad that you would be NOT willing to carry a gun, even to have saved someone else life in paris.
A lot of lives could have been saved by one or two armed civilians with cool heads. Im saddened by your low view of your fellow citizens

A lot of more lives could have been lost, it's a crapshoot.

The terrorists would have been preoccupied at least when they were fired upon, others could have escaped instead of being slaughtered one at a time with 100 percent absolutely no hope chance. they knew they were going to die, and they knew no one would come to save them as they were next. Your going to sit there high and mighty
like that? You may be a very wonderful person in every other way, but your position on this IS ridiculous

You are so nice. So much nicer than me. :D I don't know how people can argue with some of these people and keep their cool. I want to rip out throats and poke out eyes, especially when it comes to my rights. :lol:

whoa whoa Chris,.... Im eating dinner ( I'm doing a visual on that now) haha

Sorry about that. :eusa_shifty:

I see you're stupid as well as blind. Check post number 169 for the SECOND TIME!

Just enough.

Just enough.

What do you do?

We HAVE been giving straight answers you twit. It's you who are shukin and jivin, and lyin..... Typical progressive.

I can think of a question you haven't given any answer to.

Apparently gun nuts can only argue from emotion, deflection, strawmen and general dishonesty.

OK I'm bored. Ciao.

I brought up nothing about "rights", noting about "governmet", nothing about "Amendments". Absolute Zero.

Then what are you arguing about?

Just enough.

What do you do?

I can think of a question you haven't given any answer to.

Feel free blind boy.

Apparently gun nuts can only argue from emotion and deflection.

OK I'm bored. Ciao.

Thanks be to Geebus!

Then what are you arguing about?

He's trolling now. Ignore the tard....

Forum List

Back