if you were in that concert hall..would you want a gun...a poll

If you were in that concert hall in France...would you want a gun for self defense?

• Yes

Votes: 48 87.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 12.7%

• Total voters
Where is your evidence? Mass shooters usually have a personal reason for the location. Whether it's a convenient store, school, parking lot or their own home.

Or their former place of employment, with which they are no longer gruntled.

Workplace shootings ARE counted. Family killers are an entirely different dynamic. Workplace counts. And the overwhelming majority of those locations are indeed gun free zones. Every post office (to use your preferred target) is a gun free zone. Thanks for helping to prove our point.

Yet another cherrypicked association fallacy. Hey you know what else all these sites have in common? Electricity. Clearly mass shooters are drawn to where you electric freaks have installed sockets.

Ahhh yes, the typical libtard retort. Grow up junior. You're way out of your depth here.

See what I mean? You melt down at the first sign of logic.

Look, I saw a poll question, I came, I saw, I answered. It's instructive who the fucking aggressors are here.

Your answer is so stupid. I cannot even believe it.

I'm certainly not an "expert" shooter, not even close, but I've been target shooting before, and it isn't all that hard. Why you people act as if you need a degree in rocket science to aim and pull a trigger, I do not know.

Ever been shot at?

Oh, now you are going to make shit up? Just answer the question of the OP. Nobody cares about your made up stories about yourself.

What did I make up? I asked you a question, you seem to think that shooting someone, specifically someone who is shooting at you is easy.

I think it is obvious that you probably don't know anything about guns or shootings. :eusa_hand: If the opportunity comes up, I would want to be armed to take the shot and save myself and maybe some others. If you want to cower and cry during your last moments, be my guest.

Workplace shootings ARE counted. Family killers are an entirely different dynamic. Workplace counts. And the overwhelming majority of those locations are indeed gun free zones. Every post office (to use your preferred target) is a gun free zone. Thanks for helping to prove our point.

Yet another cherrypicked association fallacy. Hey you know what else all these sites have in common? Electricity. Clearly mass shooters are drawn to where you electric freaks have installed sockets.

Ahhh yes, the typical libtard retort. Grow up junior. You're way out of your depth here.

Look, I saw a poll question, I came, I saw, I answered. It's instructive who the fucking aggressors are here.

It's an answer, not a fallacy like Bustball's endless drivel, and not a parroted meme like yours. Like it or lump it.

It's an answer, not a fallacy like Bustball's endless drivel, and not a parroted meme like yours. Like it or lump it.

It's a bunch of partisan ideological bullshit is all it is. If you were personally in that situation, I can guarantee you would want a gun.

In the various places of the attacks in France...if you were there...and had the option...would you want to have had a concealed pistol...or would you have preferred to be unarmed....?

Unless you're gonna do a Jack Bauer move and flank the shooters up in the balcony, in this case, if was packing, it would have been useless. Sorry man -- it's just a different situation than a pizza hold-up or a break-in. I think smart gun folks know this is different.

Engaging the perps from the floor or the doors would just open you to a bullet when the police came storming in the chaos. No good to be carrying there at all..

BUT ---- now the soccer stadium is a bit different ---- because THERE -- the threat was Achmed's in suicide vests. And armed response is whole different story. Even if you sacrificed yourself in the exchange, you had a chance to stop the perp if you had the element of surprise and you were the only available force..

When they are shooting down into the crowd they are perfect targets for even a moderate shooter. Just sayin.

OK Jack Bauer.. I need to see your target scores with a sidearm from about 25 yards..
:lol:

No problem. I regularly shoot my pistols out to 400 yards. 25 yards is so close and i have practiced enough i no longer need to aim. I point shoot out to around 40 yards and still score 10's. Granted, I shoot a lot. But in that situation they are highlighted and depending on your location you are in the dark. The light from the stage benefits the crowd in that situation.

Maybe I'll recalculate the odds a bit then.. :biggrin:

I'm certainly not an "expert" shooter, not even close, but I've been target shooting before, and it isn't all that hard. Why you people act as if you need a degree in rocket science to aim and pull a trigger, I do not know.

Ever been shot at?

Oh, now you are going to make shit up? Just answer the question of the OP. Nobody cares about your made up stories about yourself.

What did I make up? I asked you a question, you seem to think that shooting someone, specifically someone who is shooting at you is easy.

I think it is obvious that you probably don't know anything about guns or shootings. :eusa_hand: If the opportunity comes up, I would want to be armed to take the shot and save myself and maybe some others. If you want to cower and cry during your last moments, be my guest.

I find it interesting that you call it an "opportunity". Wonder why I find that eloquent...

Ever been shot at?

I find it interesting that you call it an "opportunity". Wonder why I find that eloquent...

Because that is what it is. A window of opportunity. If I have a gun and they turn their backs on me, that is my opportunity.

It's a bunch of partisan ideological bullshit is all it is. If you were personally in that situation, I can guarantee you would want a gun.

And I can guarantee you're dead wrong.

If I'd taken the advice of the gun nutter fetishists around here I'd have been dead long before now, I can guarantee that too. And it didn't take the experience to figure that out.

The reason why family killers aren't counted is because they happen in the HOMES of the victims and the crimes are usually an extension of long running spousal abuse. In other words they are not spontaneous. So no, they don't count. They are a completely different classification of crime.

What? That doesn't make any sense. A mass shooting is a mass shooting regardless of the motive. Why do you say they are not spontaneous? Is that the rule? Because if it is then why did you pick two killers who planned their shootings?

Fuck dude, you missed again.

You and your silly baseball analogies ain't cuttin it junior. Family killers are an entirely different classification of crime. They are the result of years of strife within the family unit.

So, mass shooters are only mass shooters if you say so? A Mass shooting I believe is defined by multiple victims, nothing more. You don't get to decide which motives are worthy of a mass shooting.

You'd describe Columbine as a mass shooting, correct? But they most likely knew their victims...and of course they planned it as well.

You just keep swingin' away.

No, I'm using the law enforcement definition while you use the propagandists definition. You can keep flogging your analogy but all it does is make you look stupid. Law enforcement uses the definitions they do because it maters how they handle the cases.

Can you show me that definition?

No problem. Here's the FBI page on it. You'll notice that HOUSE is not on the list of places to defend.

"The FBI is committed to working with its partners to protect schools, workplaces, houses of worship, transportation centers, other public gathering sites, and communities."
Active Shooter Incidents

Ever been shot at?

I own a gun.

And I can guarantee you're dead wrong.

If I'd taken the advice of the gun nutter fetishists around here I'd have been dead by now, I can guarantee that too.

Yes, but you don't know anything about guns or shooting, do you?

Ever been shot at?

I own a gun.

ROFL. Sure you do. Sure. And we all believe you too! :itsok:

Ever been shot at?

Are you trying to insinuate that I'm a big bad killer or something? :lol: Hilarious yet . . . pathetic too.

In the various places of the attacks in France...if you were there...and had the option...would you want to have had a concealed pistol...or would you have preferred to be unarmed....?

Unless you're gonna do a Jack Bauer move and flank the shooters up in the balcony, in this case, if was packing, it would have been useless. Sorry man -- it's just a different situation than a pizza hold-up or a break-in. I think smart gun folks know this is different.

Engaging the perps from the floor or the doors would just open you to a bullet when the police came storming in the chaos. No good to be carrying there at all..

BUT ---- now the soccer stadium is a bit different ---- because THERE -- the threat was Achmed's in suicide vests. And armed response is whole different story. Even if you sacrificed yourself in the exchange, you had a chance to stop the perp if you had the element of surprise and you were the only available force..

So you would rather have been unarmed and at the mercy of the terrorists just because you THINK that you couldn't have done anything. What if they had stopped shooting to reload? Wouldn't you just wait for the right moment and take them out?

I really cannot imagine anyone who would willing enter such a scenario unarmed and defenseless. How silly.

It's kinda what I learned by lifeguarding. First rule is -- use a flotation device or pool skimmer or surfboard or whatever you got to save the victim without putting yourself in the water with the chaos.

SWAT is not gonna engage these guys from the floor of a crowded concert hall. And their not gonna engage them without complete surprise or disabling them with flash bangs or some other dandy.

You shots could go thru the back wall and TAKE OUT a SWAT team member waiting to take them.

Unless you can get control of the situation with a single side arm and 6 rounds or so -- it's a non-starter.

Not trying to save the day. Just trying to kill as many as possible. In a situation like that you assume you're dead. The goal is to do as much attritional damage to them as possible so that they can't kill more, and they get taken out faster when the good guys finally do arrive.

You're right. Depends on how you see the odds of surviving. If I felt it wasn't good -- I might do the same..

Ever been shot at?

Because that is what it is. A window of opportunity. If I have a gun and they turn their backs on me, that is my opportunity.

If somebody else in the crowd sees you with a gun is it OK if they mistake you for one of the bad guys and shoots you with theirs?

Where is your evidence? Mass shooters usually have a personal reason for the location. Whether it's a convenient store, school, parking lot or their own home.

Because the idea that people can actually take care of themselves is anathema to a progressive. To them the government is all powerful and they find it offensive that there are those who can prosper without governmental help.

-- and there's another one -- blanket strawman. You have nothing in your quiver but fallacy after fallacy after fallacy.

What logic? There was a display of idiocy, but no logic at all.

So you would rather have been unarmed and at the mercy of the terrorists just because you THINK that you couldn't have done anything. What if they had stopped shooting to reload? Wouldn't you just wait for the right moment and take them out?

I really cannot imagine anyone who would willing enter such a scenario unarmed and defenseless. How silly.

It's kinda what I learned by lifeguarding. First rule is -- use a flotation device or pool skimmer or surfboard or whatever you got to save the victim without putting yourself in the water with the chaos.

SWAT is not gonna engage these guys from the floor of a crowded concert hall. And their not gonna engage them without complete surprise or disabling them with flash bangs or some other dandy.

You shots could go thru the back wall and TAKE OUT a SWAT team member waiting to take them.

Unless you can get control of the situation with a single side arm and 6 rounds or so -- it's a non-starter.

Not trying to save the day. Just trying to kill as many as possible. In a situation like that you assume you're dead. The goal is to do as much attritional damage to them as possible so that they can't kill more, and they get taken out faster when the good guys finally do arrive.

You're right. Depends on how you see the odds of surviving. If I felt it wasn't good -- I might do the same..

Well, I think 100 people were killed in that concert hall, so your chances are not good. So if the opportunity presented itself, you would be kicking your own butt for not having your weapon!

Ever been shot at?

I own a gun.

Doesn't really matter if you believe me or not, I have no reason to lie.

If somebody else in the crowd sees you with a gun is it OK if they mistake you for one of the bad guys and shoots you with theirs?

I'm sure the other hostages know what is happening. :rolleyes-41: Stop making ridiculous arguments.

I own a gun.

Doesn't really matter if you believe me or not, I have no reason to lie.

Of course you do! A lot of anti-rights people claim they own guns. They are full of it though. They fear and hate guns.

Forum List

Back